Home

Madden Game Engine

This is a discussion on Madden Game Engine within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2016, 03:00 PM   #1
Rookie

Miketackett54's Arena

OVR: 0
Madden Game Engine

Look, we all know the Ignite engine was not as good as we had hoped. Frostbite is becoming more of a good possibility as the next game engine for Madden. I know that Square Enix owns the rights to the Luminous Studio game engine, which in my opinion, is the best game engine currently available, but why doesn't EA prepare something of that magnitude, for their next engine. I think with the Scorpio coming out for example, the newer consoles will definitely be able to run a much better engine than what is currently available.
I'm glad that Madden is slowly, but surely getting improved, but it seems like the visuals are (and have been) in the backseat for a long time now. Just my two cents.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2016, 04:44 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Madden Game Engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miketackett54
Look, we all know the Ignite engine was not as good as we had hoped. Frostbite is becoming more of a good possibility as the next game engine for Madden. I know that Square Enix owns the rights to the Luminous Studio game engine, which in my opinion, is the best game engine currently available, but why doesn't EA prepare something of that magnitude, for their next engine. I think with the Scorpio coming out for example, the newer consoles will definitely be able to run a much better engine than what is currently available.
I'm glad that Madden is slowly, but surely getting improved, but it seems like the visuals are (and have been) in the backseat for a long time now. Just my two cents.
It is interesting, when I interviewed Rex I asked about a move to a new engine and he was quick to point out it isn't a magic bullet. He said there is still plenty this engine could do, but it is some of the legacy code in it still causing issues with warps and such. The reality is when different devs keep building on top of code it creates issues with how things were done from one group to another.

If moving to a new engine offers anything it is the fact it provides a chance to review all code and fix issues as you move into a new engine.
Old 09-20-2016, 05:14 PM   #3
MVP

I'm a million times more worried about solid gameplay than visuals. And EA doesn't even have that part down.
Old 09-20-2016, 05:26 PM   #4
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

MADDEN's game engine is prehistoric compare to other games. Thats why we have so many legacy issues.

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Old 09-20-2016, 06:28 PM   #5
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
MADDEN's game engine is prehistoric compare to other games. Thats why we have so many legacy issues.
I don't think it's the engine as much as it is the prehistoric code. A game engine is all about visuals and animations, has nothing to do with bad AI etc
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2016, 07:30 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
I don't think it's the engine as much as it is the prehistoric code. A game engine is all about visuals and animations, has nothing to do with bad AI etc
If it were coding, wouldn't the AI act the same in all Madden games? Not saying you are wrong I'm legitimately asking here.

Funny how bc we're on an internet thread I'd probably be taken the wrong way without clarifying first.. haha
Old 09-20-2016, 08:09 PM   #7
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCoachDx
If it were coding, wouldn't the AI act the same in all Madden games? Not saying you are wrong I'm legitimately asking here.

Funny how bc we're on an internet thread I'd probably be taken the wrong way without clarifying first.. haha
I mean it wouldn't be exactly the same, during the cycle they usually add things on top of the existing code. The problem is it's a bandaid approach that doesn't fix the root issue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »