Home

Auto Subs

This is a discussion on Auto Subs within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2016, 07:41 AM   #1
Rookie

LakeshowNation's Arena

OVR: 0
Auto Subs

I remember hearing that there's a new feature in 2k17 which allows you to se up a rotation and let auto subs control it. For instance, you can choose when certain players go in and out of games and who plays with who.

Is this feature available in the play now/NBA today modes? Auto subs by default is broken I feel and I like to play these modes as they update rosters/ratings and mimic the real NBA season so this would come in very handy for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2016, 09:15 AM   #2
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

Re: Auto Subs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeshowNation
I remember hearing that there's a new feature in 2k17 which allows you to se up a rotation and let auto subs control it. For instance, you can choose when certain players go in and out of games and who plays with who.

Is this feature available in the play now/NBA today modes? Auto subs by default is broken I feel and I like to play these modes as they update rosters/ratings and mimic the real NBA season so this would come in very handy for me.
I can not speak to play now modes, but... In MyGM/MyLeague: Yes, you can now set up a grid for when each player comes in and out in your rotation, rather than just letting the computer do it with default rotation logic (which everyone agrees are not realistic to how rotations work in the real NBA). Problem is, I haven't seen this work yet. I spent 10 minutes setting up my rotation schedule in MyLeague, only to not have the Auto Subs correctly sub in and out. I had guys scheduled to sub out halfway through the first quarter, and I ended up manually subbing them w/less than 3 minutes to go because they had not auto subbed.

It was almost like it went to Fatigue substitutions rather than Rotation. I have only played 2 games like this so far, so i need to keep messing with it and see what the issue is, or if it is just broken. I'm wondering if it is because my scheduled minutes settings for players doesn't match the number of minutes that player is set to get in my rotation grid.
Playing on All-Star, default sliders, 11 minute quarters w/minutes scaled to 12 minute quarters.
Old 09-22-2016, 09:34 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
I can not speak to play now modes, but... In MyGM/MyLeague: Yes, you can now set up a grid for when each player comes in and out in your rotation, rather than just letting the computer do it with default rotation logic (which everyone agrees are not realistic to how rotations work in the real NBA). Problem is, I haven't seen this work yet. I spent 10 minutes setting up my rotation schedule in MyLeague, only to not have the Auto Subs correctly sub in and out. I had guys scheduled to sub out halfway through the first quarter, and I ended up manually subbing them w/less than 3 minutes to go because they had not auto subbed.

It was almost like it went to Fatigue substitutions rather than Rotation. I have only played 2 games like this so far, so i need to keep messing with it and see what the issue is, or if it is just broken. I'm wondering if it is because my scheduled minutes settings for players doesn't match the number of minutes that player is set to get in my rotation grid.

Playing on All-Star, default sliders, 11 minute quarters w/minutes scaled to 12 minute quarters.

Did you have subs set to auto in your coach settings? My manual rotation has been working great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2016, 09:49 AM   #4
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinthc0003
Did you have subs set to auto in your coach settings? My manual rotation has been working great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, Auto Subs was turned on. The CPU did do some subs for me as the game went on at various times, which is what led me to think that maybe it was subbing on fatigue rather than rotation. I'll keep experimenting.

Sorry to hijack the OP's question, wasn't trying to disregard his original question of using these rotations in Play Now modes. Just figured that if it wasn't working in MyLeague/GM, it wouldn't work in Play Now modes even if it were an option.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »