Home

NBA 2K17 MyLeague CPU Roster Logic Still Really Bad

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 MyLeague CPU Roster Logic Still Really Bad within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 09-23-2016, 01:41 PM   #1
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3
Exclamation NBA 2K17 MyLeague CPU Roster Logic Still Really Bad

This is the October 31, 2018 roster for the CPU controlled Cavaliers in MyLeague. There are other teams overloaded like this with centers, and not enough teams with depth at SG especially. So through a combination of drafting, trading and signing players, this is the result.

The CPU is probably using logic that combines ratings with roster balance, but for some reason this league year is completely packed with high rated centers. As a result, without intervention, there are teams without enough PG's, SG's and SF's to fill out a season's game rotations.

I used CPU generated draft classes so if the league is overloaded at one position then this is also a matter of CPU logic for the mode.

UPDATE: This problem seems to be greatly minimized by using my MyLeague slider set found here. It's not completely solved, but it gets down to where managing it with some user rosters edits here and there every year is not a big job.

Last edited by LorenzoDC; 10-01-2016 at 06:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2016, 03:08 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K17 MyLeague CPU Roster Logic Still Really Bad

Not at all surprising but still pretty LOL bad
Old 09-23-2016, 03:13 PM   #3
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

I wish I could say I'm surprised, but that would be a lie.

#30teamcontrolFTW
Old 09-23-2016, 03:20 PM   #4
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

Game just feels like it's in beta mode still. I'm seeing a ton of issues that should not been over looked in testing. The CPU is not affected by a lot of things while the user is, and even testing out the trade logic before I seen this thread left me shaking my head. Like really how can you let stuff get back into the game u fixed the following year? I'm glad I rented the game from Gamefly this year.
Old 09-23-2016, 05:47 PM   #5
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollooff320
Game just feels like it's in beta mode still. I'm seeing a ton of issues that should not been over looked in testing. The CPU is not affected by a lot of things while the user is, and even testing out the trade logic before I seen this thread left me shaking my head. Like really how can you let stuff get back into the game u fixed the following year? I'm glad I rented the game from Gamefly this year.
I see no improvement in trade logic either.

I've gone back to 30 team control with trade approval on, and I auto-deny all of them.

Some of the ones that allow me to negotiate - and I have no idea why some do and some don't with 30 team control - I check into. Some of them, maybe 1 of 3, make some sense. The rest make no sense at all. I mean, you have teams with five back court players trading guards for more front court in four player swaps. You have contending teams offering up starters.

I just don't think the franchise modes team gets many resources because the mode does not generate additional revenue the way the VC pay to play and upgrade modes do. I think Leftos and the whole crew want to fix these things. They just don't have the resources to do it because they are told to prioritize adding marketable features, like expansion.

In fairness, the team devoted massive resources to it a couple of cycles ago. But the things that got neglected when MyLeague was created have not been fixed since.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2016, 06:23 PM   #6
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
I wish I could say I'm surprised, but that would be a lie.

#30teamcontrolFTW
It's sad that we have to resort to controlling all 30 teams just to make the rosters somewhat normal.

Takes forever to do something for all 30 teams as well.

There should be some sort of position number limit hidden in the game to prevent a CPU controlled team from having more than 4 centers at once.
Old 09-23-2016, 06:42 PM   #7
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
It's sad that we have to resort to controlling all 30 teams just to make the rosters somewhat normal.

Takes forever to do something for all 30 teams as well.

There should be some sort of position number limit hidden in the game to prevent a CPU controlled team from having more than 4 centers at once.
It takes awhile, but not as long as it did last year. The ability to toggle between teams in most screens with the right stick is incredibly time-saving, I feel that's a concession that the devs made to allow us to do 30-team control without taking 24 hours to go through a quarter of the offseason. I literally had to take a weekend last year for every offseason I hit in MyLeague. I started in the offseason this year and got through it in a weekend too, taking my time to learn the menus and new features, but I'm almost sure I can do an offseason in a day now thanks to that toggle ability.

Bottom Line: MyLeague AI is basically Billy King and that AI will ruin rosters and organizations with its dealings.

Friends don't let friends hire Billy King. Say no to King.
Old 09-23-2016, 06:47 PM   #8
Rookie

33JAF's Arena

Oh man, not again. Us offline guys are in a world of trouble.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »