Home

Possible Reduction/Reversal of Regression at 29yo ...

This is a discussion on Possible Reduction/Reversal of Regression at 29yo ... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2016, 12:53 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 1
Possible Reduction/Reversal of Regression at 29yo ...

OFFLINE CFM

so, i have a bunch of 29 & 30yo who are starting to regress like most of us have seen. overall, when i track their attributes, i don't see them going down too much. SPD, ACC & STR obvious go down but skill attributes don't.

then i accidentally used XP on their injury rating and suddenly, their OVR shot up.

for example:
30yo OL anthony davis has regressed from 88 OVR to 82 over the course of two seasons despite maintaining his blocking atts in the low 90s.

raised his INJ from 74 to 84 and his OVR went up to 90. put some more XP into his INJ and in the space of one season, 30yo davis has gone from 82 to 93 OVR.

saw similar reversal of OVR dropping when i did similar XP spending on older players. 32yo centre, daniel kilgore, went from 80 to 87 OVR.

took control of another team and pumped XP into their older players and saw similar results. it seems to work best with OL/DL and less so with "skill position" or defensive backs.

it does not (seem) to have the same impact on younger players who already have INJ ratings in the mid to high 80s or low 90s.

- - -

is this just anecdotal?

has anyone else noticed this?

is this well know and i've just had my madden-head up my own own madden-arse for the last few weeks?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2016, 01:30 PM   #2
Banned

rich8682's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Possible Reduction/Reversal of Regression at 29yo ...

So when you upped injury, did their physicals still drop?

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
Old 09-24-2016, 01:39 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich8682
So when you upped injury, did their physicals still drop?
a little (they are getting older) but as i said above, anthony davis' blocking atts remain in the low 90s.

maybe, it's more a case of as players age & their OVR drops, it is connected to their INJ rating.

again, i could be wrong on this.
Old 09-24-2016, 01:47 PM   #4
Pro

Nice find. I used some exp on injury category on older players just because I couldn't find value in upping their stats anymore but never noticed if their overall went up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 09-24-2016, 01:49 PM   #5
Banned

rich8682's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21
a little (they are getting older) but as i said above, anthony davis' blocking atts remain in the low 90s.

maybe, it's more a case of as players age & their OVR drops, it is connected to their INJ rating.

again, i could be wrong on this.
I might have to try this out. Are they still getting the -2 (getting older)?

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2016, 01:56 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich8682
I might have to try this out. Are they still getting the -2 (getting older)?
not sure cos i didn't go that far into the future. both players on my team were bumped up but then i let them walk in FA cos they were older & didn't have the cap space.
Old 09-24-2016, 02:00 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juve
Nice find. I used some exp on injury category on older players just because I couldn't find value in upping their stats anymore but never noticed if their overall went up.
it didn't effect 29yo HB carlos hyde as much as i wanted but his INJ rating was kind fine already.

it was mainly effective on the OL and DL from my small experiments.

i have a bunch of players on my roster who'll be hitting their 29yo season after this current one so i'll be paying attention to it.
Old 09-25-2016, 01:01 PM   #8
Rookie

mlb61's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21
OFFLINE CFM

so, i have a bunch of 29 & 30yo who are starting to regress like most of us have seen. overall, when i track their attributes, i don't see them going down too much. SPD, ACC & STR obvious go down but skill attributes don't.

then i accidentally used XP on their injury rating and suddenly, their OVR shot up.

for example:
30yo OL anthony davis has regressed from 88 OVR to 82 over the course of two seasons despite maintaining his blocking atts in the low 90s.

raised his INJ from 74 to 84 and his OVR went up to 90. put some more XP into his INJ and in the space of one season, 30yo davis has gone from 82 to 93 OVR.

saw similar reversal of OVR dropping when i did similar XP spending on older players. 32yo centre, daniel kilgore, went from 80 to 87 OVR.

took control of another team and pumped XP into their older players and saw similar results. it seems to work best with OL/DL and less so with "skill position" or defensive backs.

it does not (seem) to have the same impact on younger players who already have INJ ratings in the mid to high 80s or low 90s.

- - -

is this just anecdotal?

has anyone else noticed this?

is this well know and i've just had my madden-head up my own own madden-arse for the last few weeks?
But if their other attributes regress because of age, what does inflating the overall (by raising the Inj attribute) mean? Overall is basically meaningless as far as on-field performance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »