Home

NBA 2K17: MyLeague Brings It Again

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17: MyLeague Brings It Again within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 09-30-2016, 10:38 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NBA 2K17: MyLeague Brings It Again

As I spend more and more time with NBA 2K17 and the polish wears off, I settle into a routine with the game -- many of you likely do the same. 2K offers so many different modes that it would be impossible to dedicate yourself full-time to each of them. We all have our favorite modes, and we usually have one particular mode where we spend most of our time.

Technically, my most-played mode would be quick game because I spend the most time playing friends in person one-on-one. We play 12-minute quarters to simulate as realistic a basketball game as possible. It’s really competitive and very addictive. But quick game is just that, a game. If I had to single out a specific game mode, I gotta go, once again, with MyLeague.

Omitting MyGM was intentional, as I find that side of the franchise experience a tad unrealistic. If judging it as an RPG take on franchise mode, it's fine. But this year, MyLeague offers more than ever before, including a much more realistic front office experience. Some frustrations remain, which I will get to in a bit, but overall, MyLeague remains my favorite mode because it has one significant upgrade and several promising tweaks that give me hope for the future of this mode.

Read More - NBA 2K17: MyLeague Brings It Again
Platform: Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2016, 11:52 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Yep but still can't get tats for CAPs for myleague rosters smh
Old 09-30-2016, 11:58 AM   #3
Rookie

Re: NBA 2K17: MyLeague Brings It Again

They brought everything but Points of emphasis which results in every team playing exactly alike...
Old 09-30-2016, 12:15 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagger Jack
They brought everything but Points of emphasis which results in every team playing exactly alike...
Disagree with this. You have to edit Individual player tendencies. They are even more important since they removed POE.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 09-30-2016, 12:22 PM   #5
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

I can't say I disagree with the premise of the article being "I'm enjoying MyLeague" but there's a whole host of issues that need to be pointed out. The three most pressing at the moment being:

1. The Open 3pt ratings of the league skyrocking five seasons in. Myself and others are attempting to combat this with in-season training sliders and we're getting promising results, but this is an out-of-the-box issue that needs to be looked at it by the devs. Our work so far can be found here, we're close to a good base set I feel.

CPU roster logic is still mightily skewed, though this could be the result of in-season training effects skewing the ratings across the league. The issues could be related, but there's at least one thread about it already here where some of us have documented what we've seen.

Then there's the defensive settings issue (thread here), which is difficult for MyLeague players to address depending on how they play. We have Sam Pham to thank for finding settings that help correct (most) of the problems, but there's no way to default the settings, which means for MyLeague players who play many games in a season (or control multiple teams and play games as multiple teams) the process of setting the settings at the beginning of every game becomes super-tedious. This needs to be patched in some way.

Overall, I agree with the premise -- but this article doesn't give the full view. Yes, MyLeague is better in many respects than last year, but there are a number of fundamental issues that we, as users, can only affect so much, and those issues need to be singled out. We need to bring attention to the problems we're seeing (in a constructive way -- no "2K SUCKZ OH MY GODS" stuff, we're better than that) and not ignore them. Otherwise, they may never be addressed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2016, 03:45 PM   #6
Rookie

Is possible to remove some teams in MY LEAGUE? For example, play with 16 teams instead of 30? I would like to recreate the NBA in the 70`s and 80`s.
Old 09-30-2016, 03:51 PM   #7
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neto1978
Is possible to remove some teams in MY LEAGUE? For example, play with 16 teams instead of 30? I would like to recreate the NBA in the 70`s and 80`s.
Nope. MyLeague must have a minimum of 30 teams in it. You can add expansion teams and contract them at will, but only them.
Old 09-30-2016, 03:51 PM   #8
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neto1978
never mind, trekfan beat me to it.

Last edited by HypoLuxa13; 09-30-2016 at 03:51 PM. Reason: nevermind....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »