Home

PATCH has completely broken the punting for PLOM and CPU vs. CPU

This is a discussion on PATCH has completely broken the punting for PLOM and CPU vs. CPU within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2016, 11:10 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 2
PATCH has completely broken the punting for PLOM and CPU vs. CPU

There is no doubt, the PUNTING is clearly broke. It may not affect some because it can switch teams at random. If it's your team that it happens too, You won't see it if you are doing your own punting. It doesn't affect a HUMAN kicker. If you want to see it. PLAY A CPU vs. CPU game, one punter or the other will line drive the punt every time and you will hear the announcer say, Looks like a low line drive punt looks like he just missed. IT HAPPENS EVERY TIME WITH OUT FAIL to the same punter through out the game. IT IS NOT A WIND ISSUE. IT IS A BUG, plain and simple. You can also play a POTM game but if the other team’s punter is PUNTING correctly, then let the CPU punt for you and you will experience it.

As I said, those of you that do your own punting may not experience it. And it does not always affect the other team’s punter, it could be yours. The only way to find out is to let the CPU do the punting. One of those punters is going to kick a line drive every single time. In a CPU vs. CPU game you have no choice and it happens every single time in every single game without fail. And that is a complete and total game killer for that style of play, I have tried at least 15 to 20 different partial games and it has happened in each one. Others that play this style are experiencing the same thing.

EA needs to address this and address it now. This is after the patch, before the patch it was was 20 yd sky kicks. I’d rather have that. I deleted the new tuner and it didn't change anything, this bug is in the patch. I also deleted my profile and built a new one with a new franchise. Still the same results. I would do a complete re-install but i was told that reinstalling would automatically DL the new patch. So the only option to this is EA has to address it. Form my style of play, This game is now completely unplayable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2016, 12:42 AM   #2
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: PATCH has completely broken the punting for PLOM and CPU vs. CPU

Does it do this in online CFM cloud?
If so, super sim may be our only hope.
May even consider super sim for fgs too
Old 10-05-2016, 04:15 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 2

After playing 5 more CPU vs CPU games jumping in with play of the moment. I now believe I have found the problem. As I stated earlier, It seemed to be switching teams. Now I realize what is happening. It is definitely a WIND problem. In the first quarter of a game between my Browns and Philly, My punter (CPU controlled ) punted a line drive every punt. Philly CPU punter punted high and great. Second quarter, CPU Philly punter punted all line drives. My punter punted high and deep.

So it is now obvious, Instead of correcting or fixing he wind, EA simply tried to adjust the Sky kick by lowering the trajectory. This is exactly why some players will see it, some wont. It's all about the WIND. This problem would simply go away if we could adjust the wind or turn it off. Instead of adjusting the trajectory forcing a low kick EA should and could have simply fixed the wind problem which has been an issue for years.
Old 10-05-2016, 04:28 AM   #4
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

If you're sure that's what's causing it (you sound sure and I haven't played post-patch yet to comment on this myself), I'd say tweet a link to this thread to Clint and/or Rex. Who knows when the next patch is, but the sooner they get word of this the sooner they can investigate and hopefully fix it.
Old 10-05-2016, 04:39 AM   #5
Rookie

I don't see a update whenever I turn on my madden 17 , what's going on ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2016, 08:19 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
If you're sure that's what's causing it (you sound sure and I haven't played post-patch yet to comment on this myself), I'd say tweet a link to this thread to Clint and/or Rex. Who knows when the next patch is, but the sooner they get word of this the sooner they can investigate and hopefully fix it.
Someone in one of the other threads did tweet the developers about this one. Agree it seems to be a wind issue; happens in one direction where you get liiners and the other you get cannon shots. I think in dome stadia you'll see more normal punts although some have commented that there are more gross shanks than previous.
Old 10-05-2016, 08:34 AM   #7
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

I was the one who tweeted the Dev's.

I'm having this issue too, it is ruining the game for me. it is exactly as OP describes, is definitely related to punting into the wind.

I included a video of it when I tweeted the Dev's, you can check it out if you want my Twitter handle is @MrKevinPerry

I also noticed it on kick off's. CPU controlled kickers don't even get anywhere near the opposite end zone anymore when kicking into the wind. So now whenever I receive kick offs I end up at the 30 to 35 yard line every time.

I literally can't play Madden anymore... only thing I could do is super sim all CPU kickoffs and punts

Last edited by IcedCoffee1983; 10-05-2016 at 09:46 AM.
Old 10-05-2016, 09:41 AM   #8
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

It is definitely because of the wind. When kicking into the wind the CPU angles their kicks down too much.

I don't know why it is happening to some of us and not others... but in my games it is 100% of the time when they need to kick into the wind.

I'm just going to erase everything and re-install the game and start a new CFM... I don't know what else to do.

Last edited by IcedCoffee1983; 10-05-2016 at 09:46 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »