Home

Online play is so bad

This is a discussion on Online play is so bad within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2016, 12:10 AM   #1
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

OVR: 0
Online play is so bad

What are the sliders on? Difficulty? It's so ridiculous. I have yet to play a game where both teams didn't shoot over 65%. Especially the threes. People are able to stay in games even while playing awful basketball because every team just drains 3 pointers. It's like playing NBA Jam sometimes. I know asking for complete sim in casual environments is a little much but nobody wants to play an arcade basketball game. I hate having to stoop to firing poor shots from deep, but it's the only way I can compete online. It shouldn't be as effective as it is here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2016, 12:23 AM   #2
Rookie

gametyme89's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Online play is so bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdatyt
What are the sliders on? Difficulty? It's so ridiculous. I have yet to play a game where both teams didn't shoot over 65%. Especially the threes. People are able to stay in games even while playing awful basketball because every team just drains 3 pointers. It's like playing NBA Jam sometimes. I know asking for complete sim in casual environments is a little much but nobody wants to play an arcade basketball game. I hate having to stoop to firing poor shots from deep, but it's the only way I can compete online. It shouldn't be as effective as it is here.
You'd be surprised. The amount of outrage from the community when shooting was nerfed was insane.. the amount of outrage after it was buffed was minimal. I'm sure that's more of one side just being "louder" than the other but it seems like the bulk of the community is made up of casuals who just want to be legendary shooters anyways so what can ya do?
Old 10-07-2016, 12:38 AM   #3
Rookie

Sleepy59's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gametyme89
You'd be surprised. The amount of outrage from the community when shooting was nerfed was insane.. the amount of outrage after it was buffed was minimal. I'm sure that's more of one side just being "louder" than the other but it seems like the bulk of the community is made up of casuals who just want to be legendary shooters anyways so what can ya do?
Obviously the outrage is louder when an over-powered build is nerfed. Majority of the community has sharpshooters because of the fact that they're over-powered. 2k should have given them time to adjust instead of caving in and giving them back their 90 point bad shot selection games
Old 10-07-2016, 12:48 AM   #4
Rookie

gametyme89's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy59
Obviously the outrage is louder when an over-powered build is nerfed. Majority of the community has sharpshooters because of the fact that they're over-powered. 2k should have given them time to adjust instead of caving in and giving them back their 90 point bad shot selection games
That would be 2k not appeasing to their majority consumer market tho.. bad for business if they want future sales.

It is what it is..
Old 10-07-2016, 01:49 AM   #5
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

It's ridiculous, man. I bought a Steph Curry from the auction block for 12k but I would've saved the MT if I knew everybody would be able to shoot like him. He's literally one of a kind. I don't know why 2K thinks everybody should be able to pull like him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2016, 02:11 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy59
That's not entirely accurate or fair. I made a sharpshooter when the prelude came out, when no one knew what they would be like. He's a 6'9 sf and he's as slow as a carthorse. I only use him in career, but that last shooting tweak was classing opponents about 5+ feet away as heavily contesting my shots. It had made a whole archetype fairly unplayable for me. 2k made these builds this way, so this is a 2k issue not a community issue. In those blogs Mike said he would hardly touch shooting this year, but then they were caught on their heels when people grind on rookie to get HoF badges, and then spent time learning their releases.

Sorry, but you can't cripple on of the builds because of a situation you didn't foresee or plan for, when dudes have spent serious time and money on.
Old 10-07-2016, 02:52 AM   #7
Rookie

Its a combination of server and who you're connected to when playing.

Every time my friend would join My Squad, the game would have lots of input lag.

Too-bad we don't have dedicated servers.
Old 10-07-2016, 03:20 AM   #8
Rookie

minwager's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gametyme89
Im pretty sure op is talking about play now/proam and not park, and i agree that the difficulty in those modes should maybe be adjusted, its just a liiiitle bit too casual playstyle the way it is now

Park is in a good spot imo, its meant to be more of an arcadey mode (except for speed boosting and other cheese, that stuff should not be in the game)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »