Home

Created Coach and the Coaching Carousel

This is a discussion on Created Coach and the Coaching Carousel within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2016, 03:32 PM   #1
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1
Created Coach and the Coaching Carousel

Just got the game and have done a lot of reading but am still a bit confused about creating a coach and entering the Coaching Carousel. I read in the Dynasty House Rule Ideas thread that you could SIM the first season to after the bowl games, create a new coach and make your original coach computer controlled. Then when you simmed to the Coaching Carousel you would have the option to take a new job. However, when I create my new coach I am prompted to pick a team, if I pick a team when do I get job offers? Another user in the Dynasty House Rule Ideas thread said after you pick your team you would not be able to enter the Coaching Carousel until after the following year. However the original post in that thread about simming the first year mentions nothing about waiting until the following year to enter the carousel, in fact it specifically says "Sim 1st season as existing coach, create coach at end of year and select best offer.". So this is where I am confused, assuming I have to pick a team before advancing to the Carousel does it matter which team I pick? If you pick a top team will you get better offers in the Carousel? What happens to the team you pick and then leave when you take the new offer in the Carousel? I assume they have to hire a new coach then. Also, what happens to the coach I originally replaced, is he gone from the game. If that is the case you wouldn't want to pick a big name coach. Suppose you took the job at Bama when you created your coach, would Saban then he gone from the game or does he become part of the Carousel? Am I missing something here? Can someone please clarify if this is actually how this is works and/or if I am doing something wrong?

I have all my other settings ready to go. I will be playing Coach Mode with Auto Pass using BlackRain's sliders and a mix of various suggested Dynasty House Rules. Thanks for to anyone who can help.

"If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" -Tuco
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2016, 04:05 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Created Coach and the Coaching Carousel

To answer your questions about this here you go...

1) You sim to the bowl game weeks and simply create your coach
2) Yes you must choose a team to coach at this time
3) No it doesn't matter which team you choose, as your Coach Prestige rating will be the same whether you choose Idaho or Ohio State
4) Sim to the Coaching Carousel and proceed until you start getting job offers. The bigger schools will overlook you as they will there will be A+, A, A- prestige coaches they deem better than you. (I believe you will be a C, C+, or B-) However, you will still get plenty of offers from mid to low level schools
5) "Alma Mater" you choose for you coach can be a help in getting hired at that school even if there are better prestige coaches (assuming that school fired the previous coach)

6) Yes I'm fairly certain when you create a coach it deletes the previous coach from the game. If you did choose a Nick Saban for example, you could simply Edit one of the other coaches at another school you don't care about and make them Nick Saban (basically edit the appearance/etc.) He just most likely wouldn't have all the coaching tree points as you can't edit that unless you use that mod tool that everyone is using
Old 10-10-2016, 04:18 PM   #3
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawkfan11
To answer your questions about this here you go...

1) You sim to the bowl game weeks and simply create your coach
2) Yes you must choose a team to coach at this time
3) No it doesn't matter which team you choose, as your Coach Prestige rating will be the same whether you choose Idaho or Ohio State
4) Sim to the Coaching Carousel and proceed until you start getting job offers. The bigger schools will overlook you as they will there will be A+, A, A- prestige coaches they deem better than you. (I believe you will be a C, C+, or B-) However, you will still get plenty of offers from mid to low level schools
5) "Alma Mater" you choose for you coach can be a help in getting hired at that school even if there are better prestige coaches (assuming that school fired the previous coach)

6) Yes I'm fairly certain when you create a coach it deletes the previous coach from the game. If you did choose a Nick Saban for example, you could simply Edit one of the other coaches at another school you don't care about and make them Nick Saban (basically edit the appearance/etc.) He just most likely wouldn't have all the coaching tree points as you can't edit that unless you use that mod tool that everyone is using
Jayhawkfan thanks so much for the response, very clear and informative. So what determines your Prestige rating. I'm a C-, I chose FIU when I created my coach because their coach was in the final year of his contract anyway. However due to my very low prestige I only got 2 HC offers, UAB and New Mexico St. Does your Coach Level affect this, I started out at 1. Correct me if I'm wrong but in testing I noticed if you set it to Default you seem to inherit the level and skills of the coach you replaced. I would think that may be affecting the Prestige rating. Thanks again!

"If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" -Tuco
Old 10-10-2016, 04:58 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Gunfighter
Jayhawkfan thanks so much for the response, very clear and informative. So what determines your Prestige rating. I'm a C-, I chose FIU when I created my coach because their coach was in the final year of his contract anyway. However due to my very low prestige I only got 2 HC offers, UAB and New Mexico St. Does your Coach Level affect this, I started out at 1. Correct me if I'm wrong but in testing I noticed if you set it to Default you seem to inherit the level and skills of the coach you replaced. I would think that may be affecting the Prestige rating. Thanks again!
You are somewhat on the right track... Prestige rating initially for a newly created coach is determined by Skill points. So if you set your dynasty to where you start with 10 skill points vs. 1 I believe you initial Coach Prestige will be a higher letter grade (Ex. maybe a B- with 10 points vs. C- with 1 point) I'd need to confirm this part but am fairly certain that is the case.

In terms of your initial coaching carousel getting 2 HC offers, considering you are a C- that isn't all that bad and in term of realism those are decent schools to make a name for yourself. I believe if you try what I said above (giving your coach more skill points to start) you will get more job offers as your prestige will be higher.

Also, it wildly varies each season with the coaching carousel in terms of jobs being offered. Some years it seems every team fires their coach and you have a good chance of getting lots of offers, other years very few teams make changes and therefore you get less offers. If you are unhappy with the results simply sim again and see if you get a team you are more interested in. I can say that once you have a 9+ win season you will be one of the top candidates for almost every coaching vacancy, so don't be scared to take a bottom dweller for a year and turn them into a quick turn around project.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »