Home

When NCAA comes back...

This is a discussion on When NCAA comes back... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2016, 04:11 PM   #1
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0
When NCAA comes back...

I am confident that NCAA Football will make a come back. It is just a matter of when. 2k has already found somewhat of a work around with implementing some colleges in their game already.

My questions to the community are:

If NCAA makes a comeback, who will it be through?
EA, 2k, or someone else?

Are you afraid of NCAA taking a step backwards?
After such a long break between the last NCAA (2013), will we see an improvement from NCAA 14, or will we be seeing them start from scratch?

If NCAA uses generic rosters, will that be a deal breaker?
Instead of QB4 for Clemson, we would see white dreadlock having Blake Joseph. Would that be a deal breaker?

What features are a MUST for a new NCAA game?

Hopefully NCAA to the XBOX One or PS4 will soon be a reality.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2016, 04:23 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: When NCAA comes back...

Have you not heard of Imv gaming their supposed to be coming out with a football game

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 10-15-2016, 04:25 PM   #3
MVP

TheRosterMaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggrey3
Have you not heard of Imv gaming their supposed to be coming out with a football game

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
they aren't going to produce anything. they are barely recieving funds, so they are out of the question.
MLB: Pirates

Working on:

NBA 2K20 FDU Fictional Draft Classes
Old 10-15-2016, 05:36 PM   #4
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

I am giving IMV Gaming some hope but until I start seeing some legitimate progress made on developing a football engine I won't hold my breath. With that said, I'll give my two cents on your questions.

I think EA will make the next college football game. They have an updated engine with Madden and would/should be able to use that as a starting point for a new NCAA game.

With EA you always have to worry about them taking out features that were already in their games only to bring them back as "new features" in future releases. With that said, if they could give me NCAA 14 updated with the new Madden engine, updated conferences and playoffs, I would be pretty satisfied.

I don't think I have anything as a "MUST" for a new NCAA game outside of what is already in the game. I would love to see high school all star games in the game to be able to watch the top prospects play before they hit the college landscape. I think a new recruiting system would be great as well since the current system of just throwing points at recruits isn't very exciting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-15-2016, 06:27 PM   #5
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

I do see movement on some front in the coming years. Anyway...

I think NCAA Football will be EA (2K has basketball locked). They have the resources and experience. And Madden has come a long way. In a year or so with this Frostbite engine EA football could be something special. While not perfect the EA football team really seems to be focused on sim football and it shows. I haven't played a Madden as much as I have 17 since maybe 05. If it does return I do see the rosters being generic and noneditable or sharable but with teams accurately representing their playstyle; Alabama being pro style with players that fit that. I agree with with you completely on the roster names and stuff. I think they go out of the way to avoid any likeness from a current or former athlete. It wouldn't be a deal breaker for me. I can do fake players but I cant do fake schools. Maybe Ultimate Team with the NFLPA. As with College Hoops I honestly don't have any new "must have" feature. Give me everything that was in NCAA 14 running on the current football engine tweaked for college football and I'd be in heaven.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2016, 01:09 AM   #6
Pro

BallinVol's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhs_rizzo
I am giving IMV Gaming some hope but until I start seeing some legitimate progress made on developing a football engine I won't hold my breath. With that said, I'll give my two cents on your questions.

I think EA will make the next college football game. They have an updated engine with Madden and would/should be able to use that as a starting point for a new NCAA game.

With EA you always have to worry about them taking out features that were already in their games only to bring them back as "new features" in future releases. With that said, if they could give me NCAA 14 updated with the new Madden engine, updated conferences and playoffs, I would be pretty satisfied.

I don't think I have anything as a "MUST" for a new NCAA game outside of what is already in the game. I would love to see high school all star games in the game to be able to watch the top prospects play before they hit the college landscape. I think a new recruiting system would be great as well since the current system of just throwing points at recruits isn't very exciting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think something along the lines of CH2K8 and the recruiting system it had would be great for the NCAA football series. To add another element to it, bring back the stats of high school recruits. It just adds a whole other element to it.
Old 10-16-2016, 02:17 AM   #7
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

If NCAA makes a comeback, who will it be through?
It will be EA. They have the football engine with Madden. I always liked the movements and a few other things more through 2K, but EA has gotten better.

Are you afraid of NCAA taking a step backwards?
If a game comes back, it will be as has always been: "last year's" madden engine. The graphics and movement on NCAA always seemed one year behind madden. With that being said, it will be leaps and bounds ahead of NCAA 14.

If NCAA uses generic rosters, will that be a deal breaker?
I literally could not care less. I play to have the schools, not the players. They're all gone 4-5 years into the dynasty anyway.

What features are a MUST for a new NCAA game?
I'd love more of an "AD" feature, or School President, whatever. As you bring in money, you choose how to spend it: new workout facilities, stadium improvements, new stadiums, "football center" features (build features into a football center such as film study, rehab, study area, etc etc) and see that impact recruiting. I'd love expandable stadiums. If I win a couple titles with Boise State, it would be cool to see the stadium go from 37,000 to 50k+, and actually SEE it in game. IE new grandstands, expanding on current decks etc etc. Not just watch the # go up and see no change (I know that's hard to do if it's not a created stadium).

Also, you can "renegotiate" uniform contracts. Sign for 2,3, 5 years etc with Adidas, Under Armour, Nike, or Russell. You can change your uniforms and such to get fresh looks and such.

Yeah...my wishlist is long lol.

Major Boise State fan
Old 10-17-2016, 12:26 PM   #8
MVP

saintrules's Arena

I'm optimistic it'll be back, not sure when or who makes it, but it'll be back. There are only three things I need to be happy:

1. Real schools - This is the must, no if ands or buts...without this its not even college football. Using generic rosters wouldn't be as fun, as I love playing as the guys I watch on Saturday, but if it came down to having the game or not, I'd take the game.

2. In depth recruiting - Recruiting is almost as big as the actual sport of college football. I never got to play anything but NCAA 14 and the process of throwing points at players was beyond boring. It was exciting using my own rules to make it harder, but in the end I still threw points at names. It would be cool to have a system where you have to answer questions they have and if you get them right you earn their commitment. Other things include guarantees for starting positions ect.

3. Stadium craziness - The vibrating controller, loud cheers, and scrambled play isn't enough. I'm talking absolute madness from 100,000+ screaming fans...to the point where it gets louder each down or after a big hit, or where you can't even call a play its so loud and the game just gives you a random play and you have to figure out what's called after the snap. Madness, that sums it up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »