Home

Cutscenes

This is a discussion on Cutscenes within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2016, 01:38 PM   #1
Rookie

IamAdderlyn's Arena

OVR: 0
Cutscenes

I started another MyCareer and now I'm not getting the "Orange Juice is born" cutscene. I'm playing January's games so... I don't know what's wrong. Denver got a 10 day contract and he asks in one cutscenes if he's part of OJ now but still I haven't gotten the cutscene where OJ is born

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2016, 02:12 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Cutscenes

The cuts scenes are junk. Don't expect them to make any sense. I read in one post that if you request a trade and Justice is no longer in your team he still pops up in the cut scenes as if you're still playing in the same team.

For my 2c it would be a massive improvement to remove them all and let the player have an "open world sandbox" experience that tells it's own story.

2K is an awesome game but the cuts scenes and ultra scripted "storyline" actually make it worse not better. Personally I just walk out and do something else whenever they start. Long post short: Just don't expect them to make any sense in context to what you're actually doing and you'll enjoy the game more.
Old 10-16-2016, 02:25 PM   #3
Rookie

IamAdderlyn's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatvvv
The cuts scenes are junk. Don't expect them to make any sense. I read in one post that if you request a trade and Justice is no longer in your team he still pops up in the cut scenes as if you're still playing in the same team.

For my 2c it would be a massive improvement to remove them all and let the player have an "open world sandbox" experience that tells it's own story.

2K is an awesome game but the cuts scenes and ultra scripted "storyline" actually make it worse not better. Personally I just walk out and do something else whenever they start. Long post short: Just don't expect them to make any sense in context to what you're actually doing and you'll enjoy the game more.
Thanks for the quick response, I actually was thinking about starting a new one to see if that fixes it, but I have a lot of badges already and don't wanna lose it. My first Career was great, but then I had that glitch with the connections not showing in the calendar so I started again because I wasn't that far but now I don't get those cutscenes I mentioned before.

Old 10-16-2016, 02:33 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAdderlyn
I started another MyCareer and now I'm not getting the "Orange Juice is born" cutscene. I'm playing January's games so... I don't know what's wrong. Denver got a 10 day contract and he asks in one cutscenes if he's part of OJ now but still I haven't gotten the cutscene where OJ is born

I'm having the same issue with a new MyCareer I started. The cutscenes aren't popping up at all. I've tweeted the developers a bunch of times about it but haven't be got a response yet. Hopeful they fix it. I'm one of the few ppl that actually like the storyline of MyCareer. It make me want to play it.
Old 10-16-2016, 02:40 PM   #5
Rookie

mongo13clikke's Arena

Having the same on my 2nd player, no cutscenes since I went to Philly with Justice immediately after the season started. Its obv. broken for some players but I dont care to be honest because as already mentioned the story is not connected to whats actually happening in your career anyway...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2016, 02:56 PM   #6
Rookie

DatGuy12x2's Arena

I didn't get the OJ scene either on my second player. I randomly got the Denver getting cut scene but I haven't seen a cut scene other than that in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-17-2016, 06:45 AM   #7
MVP

FerdBrown's Arena

This sounds interesting. I'm thinking of creating a second MC but if there are no cut scenes, it doesn't make for a good story. I'm into the story part of it and part of the package I enjoy. If this is a bug, someone's got to have a look.
Old 10-20-2016, 12:35 AM   #8
Rookie

DatGuy12x2's Arena

So, idk if this was coincidental or if it was a result of what I did, but I finally got a cutscene with Justice in my second career (the one where you get the OJ billboard). I just got the billboard, but no cutscene happened after the next game. So I deleted my original player and the cutscene randomly played when I reloaded. Still have to play more games and see if more OJ cutscenes happen, but it may be a fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »