Home

What are you doing to add longevity to the game?

This is a discussion on What are you doing to add longevity to the game? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2016, 07:59 AM   #1
Rookie

JimmyT85's Arena

OVR: 2
What are you doing to add longevity to the game?

I'm currently into my third season with the Browns in CFM, having won the Superbowl last season. After the draft, I tend to find myself becoming quite bored with CFM. Mainly, because I don't feel like the game warrants any challenge, and becomes stagnant.

I've tried altering sliders etc, but still don't find the game enjoyable most of the time, as it feels repetitive etc

Was just wondering what other people do to add longevity to their game, and make them want to keep going back for more?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2016, 09:25 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: What are you doing to add longevity to the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyT85
I'm currently into my third season with the Browns in CFM, having won the Superbowl last season. After the draft, I tend to find myself becoming quite bored with CFM. Mainly, because I don't feel like the game warrants any challenge, and becomes stagnant.

I've tried altering sliders etc, but still don't find the game enjoyable most of the time, as it feels repetitive etc

Was just wondering what other people do to add longevity to their game, and make them want to keep going back for more?
This is s typical issue with any sports game (except I feel NCAA games...and The Show has improved). After running through a year or two there is nothing new to offer.

In all reality though, if you won in the 2nd year with the Browns then your most likely thing is to try a more difficult setup...if you truly set up a challenge instead of a setup where the Browns win a super bowl on one year...then you'll probably get a longer lasting experience.
Old 10-20-2016, 09:33 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo187
This is s typical issue with any sports game (except I feel NCAA games...and The Show has improved). After running through a year or two there is nothing new to offer.

In all reality though, if you won in the 2nd year with the Browns then your most likely thing is to try a more difficult setup...if you truly set up a challenge instead of a setup where the Browns win a super bowl on one year...then you'll probably get a longer lasting experience.
Yeah once you've climbed the mountain like that what else is there to do?

To me the key is to be emotionally invested in my squad. I find it the same with Football Manager, Blood Bowl, Madden, anywhere where you're squad building. The games where it clicks and you start to feel a connection for the squad are the ones I keep going through no matter how many times I win.

I just started the second season of my Titans CFM. I made the Conference Championship in the first year despite really being a transition season, trading out old players for draft picks and the like so I'd expect to win this season or next but I want to see how my draftees get on and how they develop.
Old 10-20-2016, 09:51 AM   #4
Rookie

JimmyT85's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo187
This is something I will definitely look at. However, with the user QB Acc slider being as rubbish at it is, it feels like it's too easy to pass against the CPU
Old 10-20-2016, 10:10 AM   #5
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

a cfm website would go a long way.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2016, 11:02 AM   #6
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

I find random fantasy drafts fun. You have to adapt your play style to the players CPU has selected.

Also, downloading legend rosters could be fun. Last year I downloaded one with a tone of greats. It was fun drafting a team with Ladanian Tomlinson, Lorenzo Neal, Shawne Merriman, etc.
Old 10-20-2016, 11:20 AM   #7
A DB'S SWAG

avwhitechic's Arena

A user cam is definitely needed..a new perspective equals a new game.. I don't know what we have to do to drill this in EA's head

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-2016, 11:45 AM   #8
Rookie

Oldsmobile19's Arena

Yea I agree with Datninja, a fantasy draft is nice to mix it up a little bit. Or perhaps joining an online CFM vs others users. I am in one where we did a fantasy draft with 32 users (yes it takes literally ALL DAY to draft) but its interesting to see how other people draft and keeps the game interesting for months.

https://www.youtube.com/user/oldsmobile19

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »