Home

What happened to the free feel?

This is a discussion on What happened to the free feel? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2016, 02:01 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
What happened to the free feel?

Prior to the game being released, 2K17 was praised for the feel of the game. I can attest to feeling more in control and less animation heavy as I had the game prior to release.

A few patches later,

- The CPU defense can beat you to a spot most times no matter how well you dribble. It is half the reason this game felt different from 2K16.

- They can catch up to you and get back in front of you after you already pass them

- Keeping players on your hip or behind you on a fastbreak... fast break speeds were perfect before game was patched.

-The CPU still has the ability to ISO and explode but it is now lacking on the User's end.

Most of the main selling points on 2K17 are now lacking, in my opinion. Is anyone else experiencing this after the patch's began?

Still a great game with great potential but I wish it wasn't changed so drastically, which feels like a regression when playing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2016, 02:19 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: What happened to the free feel?

Could not agree more with this post. The restrictive feeling of being bogged down in animations, as well as the CPU boosts have absolutely killed my enjoyment of this game.

I'm hoping for major changes from patch 5, which will almost certainly be the main gameplay patch, or I will have to put down 2K17 and hope things improve next year.
Old 10-24-2016, 02:27 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Could not agree more with this post. The restrictive feeling of being bogged down in animations, as well as the CPU boosts have absolutely killed my enjoyment of this game.

I'm hoping for major changes from patch 5, which will almost certainly be the main gameplay patch, or I will have to put down 2K17 and hope things improve next year.
I still enjoy playing the game.

But literally, the MAIN thing that differentiated 2K16 from 2K17 has been lost. Go back to all of the impressions prior to the game being released and it was same philosophy...

The game felt organic or you can't describe you have to play it to feel the difference. It was literally the main selling point.

I will post a whole game of on Superstar later that was recorded prior to the game being released.
Old 10-24-2016, 03:07 PM   #4
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I experienced a lot of these things before the patch TBH..
Old 10-24-2016, 03:26 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevertheles109
Prior to the game being released, 2K17 was praised for the feel of the game. I can attest to feeling more in control and less animation heavy as I had the game prior to release.

A few patches later,

- The CPU defense can beat you to a spot most times no matter how well you dribble. It is half the reason this game felt different from 2K16.

- They can catch up to you and get back in front of you after you already pass them

- Keeping players on your hip or behind you on a fastbreak... fast break speeds were perfect before game was patched.

-The CPU still has the ability to ISO and explode but it is now lacking on the User's end.

Most of the main selling points on 2K17 are now lacking, in my opinion. Is anyone else experiencing this after the patch's began?

Still a great game with great potential but I wish it wasn't changed so drastically, which feels like a regression when playing
Yup. The Prelude actually felt like a brand new game. After all these tweaks I legit feel like I'm playing 2K16 that's even more sluggish. The free movement that made the Prelude so damn good is almost entirely gone.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2016, 03:45 PM   #6
Rookie

Guess thats what happens when every other post has people complaining about somethjng

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-24-2016, 03:51 PM   #7
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime8992
Yup. The Prelude actually felt like a brand new game. After all these tweaks I legit feel like I'm playing 2K16 that's even more sluggish. The free movement that made the Prelude so damn good is almost entirely gone.
Are you sure it was tweaks? Have you tried playing the prelude again? In the prelude, you are way better than your opponents...

In the actual game, everyone has invisible force fields (or magnets) around them... we bounce off each other or get pulled certain directions based on attributes.

I would really love to experience a game without these just to see how it feels. Maybe it's worse? Maybe there's a good reason for these forcefields? But they definitely do make you feel like you have less control of your movement.
Old 10-24-2016, 04:11 PM   #8
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Prelude was on Pro...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »