Home

Thoughts on this year's Pink Diamonds?

This is a discussion on Thoughts on this year's Pink Diamonds? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2016, 07:16 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Thoughts on this year's Pink Diamonds?

Is it just me or does anybody else find that the way that they added pink diamonds back into NBA 2K17 is nothing short of ridiculous? I honestly miss the pink diamond system from NBA 2K15, yes it was a pain having to wake up at 3am, 5am, 7am where I live, but what I enjoyed the most were these pus youtubers complaining and everyone complaining about how they were unfair, they all needed to handle it, not everybody deserves the pink diamonds that were available back then, where I'm from you had to grind to get Pink Diamonds, wake up at early hours just for a chance, if anything I miss getting a pink diamond and seeing all these pus youtubers complaining when they didn't get one, when Shake4ndBake missed out on PD Larry Bird, I roasted the fucc outta that bus wannabe successful youtuber and he had the nerve to block me I mean all those bus people who complained ruined it for all those who were willing to grind.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2016, 08:05 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Thoughts on this year's Pink Diamonds?

Pink Diamonds in 2k15 was the most idiotic thing 2k had ever introduced in MyTeam

There is nothing in "grinding" to check your twitter account.

EVERY player should be available THROUGH the game itself.

This year at least you earn pink diamond players because you have played the game... It is a reward.

There was nothing funny in playing against a scrub player who was able to beat you just because he had 10 pink diamond players

Last edited by kabamaru; 11-03-2016 at 08:10 AM.
Old 11-03-2016, 08:19 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
Pink Diamonds in 2k15 was the most idiotic thing 2k had ever introduced in MyTeam

There is nothing in "grinding" to check your twitter account.

EVERY player should be available THROUGH the game itself.

This year at least you earn pink diamond players because you have played the game... It is a reward.

There was nothing funny in playing against a scrub player who was able to beat you just because he had 10 pink diamond players
When you have to wake up every hour in the middle of the night to give yourself even a chance, then type quick enough to beat all the other pus going for the same rare card, as well as being able to fall asleep at any given moment given the lack of quality sleep needed, that is a grind as far as 2K is concerned, I had to do that cause I live in Australia, I set myself an ambitious goal of getting all the Pink Diamonds and did it regardless of the small odds of it happening based off my circumstances, I had to do it for the clan, I had no other option, I had to get all 11 Pink Diamonds that year and did it... Failure was no option. You can bet I roasted the fucc outta all those bus youtubers afterwards...

Clearly you didn't want those Pink Diamonds enough...
Old 11-03-2016, 08:47 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMenace305
I had to do it for the clan, I had no other option, I had to get all 11 Pink Diamonds that year and did it... Failure was no option. You can bet I roasted the fucc outta all those bus youtubers afterwards...
Lol man, you know you are talking about a game right?
Old 11-03-2016, 09:18 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMenace305
When you have to wake up every hour in the middle of the night to give yourself even a chance, then type quick enough to beat all the other pus going for the same rare card, as well as being able to fall asleep at any given moment given the lack of quality sleep needed, that is a grind as far as 2K is concerned, I had to do that cause I live in Australia, I set myself an ambitious goal of getting all the Pink Diamonds and did it regardless of the small odds of it happening based off my circumstances, I had to do it for the clan, I had no other option, I had to get all 11 Pink Diamonds that year and did it... Failure was no option. You can bet I roasted the fucc outta all those bus youtubers afterwards...

Clearly you didn't want those Pink Diamonds enough...
What is wrong with you? Clearly you dont have a job, and by your post um guessing 16 or 17.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2016, 09:18 AM   #6
Rookie

Sumoparis's Arena

The former 2K15 Pink Diamond delivery system was really unfair for people out of the Pacific Area ( I live in Europe), nothing related to the game or even basketball skills...

That's the reason why they changed the locker code process this year.

At least we can earn useful rewards using the game itself, not a twitter account and high speed connection...
Old 11-03-2016, 09:37 AM   #7
Pro

You like to do what you like to do but I hated the way it was then. I haven't bothered going after any in 2k17 yet but the way they did them this year is better.
Old 11-03-2016, 09:44 AM   #8
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Well, it's obvious that you and I have different definitions of "grinding."

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »