Home

Is this the year we get dynamic commentary?

This is a discussion on Is this the year we get dynamic commentary? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2016, 08:57 PM   #1
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0
Is this the year we get dynamic commentary?

NBA2k has incredible commentary, and I could play an entire 82 game season and not get tired of the commentary.

Madden revamped their commentary, and each week they have new downloadable commentary. I can get through a 16 game season, and still enjoy the commentary.

However, commentary is still lacking in the virtual world of baseball. I believe that commentary is more important to baseball than any other sport. It is estimated that in a major league baseball game, there is only 18 minutes of actual baseball being played. The other 90% of the time is standing around, going through stats, and COMMENTARY.

Commentary is what adds more excitement to an already exciting moment like a home run, diving catch, or any other incredible play. I will never forget the final call of the world series this last year, or the excitement of Rajai Davis' home run in game 7.

However, I feel that the Show lacks that excitement. For example, I am going to show you one of the craziest moments in my dynasty. To set you up for it, I traded Justin Upton and a AAA player to the Dodgers for Yasiel Puig. In my second season, I take the Tigers from 3rd in the division to the World Series. I come back from a 3-2 defecit to force a game 7.

I give up a game tying RBI doubl to Justin Upton in the top of the 8th inning, and it later sets me up for this moment in the bottom of the 9th....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJG8g9MwW5o

Are you kidding me? Yasiel Puig out of all my batters hits a walk off home run to win the WS against his old team?! That is the juicy story line you could possibly think of. However, it just sounds like any normal home run.

-Commentary needs more story lines, more emotion, more detailed information, and just more lines that the usual 30-40 lines they use all game.

Maybe I am alone in wanting this improvement, but I am hoping this is our year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2016, 10:09 PM   #2
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Is this the year we get dynamic commentary?

Well, Harold Reynolds makes a cameo appearance at Safeco in this year's game...so, its a possibility for more things like this in the future.

BTW, Ramone confirmed the Seattle Easter Egg on Twitter when a Reddit user figured it out. Check it out: https://twitter.com/Ramone_Russell/s...00217847226370.
Old 11-15-2016, 07:56 AM   #3
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

That's pretty dope and I'm surprised it took this long for it to be discovered.
Old 11-15-2016, 11:20 AM   #4
MVP

dran1984's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod
Well, Harold Reynolds makes a cameo appearance at Safeco in this year's game...so, its a possibility for more things like this in the future.

BTW, Ramone confirmed the Seattle Easter Egg on Twitter when a Reddit user figured it out. Check it out: https://twitter.com/Ramone_Russell/s...00217847226370.
This morning on "Hot Stove om MLB Network Matty V. mentioned that the SCEA guys where flying out to Jersey to record for the game. So not surprising it sounds like the commentators in the game sound like they are recorded in different rooms as some of mentioned before.

That's probably when they got Harold to record lines last year since they both do "Hot Stove" together.
Old 11-15-2016, 01:31 PM   #5
MVP

underdog13's Arena

That hr call isn't bad. The first part is really good imo. Then things go downhill when he says "Thats a 2 run shot"...

While Madden has improved their commentary. It is not better than the Show's. In Franchise they act as if every year is 2016 and they don't make much mention of current stats. The Show could take a few things madden does like show who is currently injured.

I just hope the show doesn't move to the previous season story line talk. Which sounds great in 2K playnow, but when you are multiple years in, you need more dynamic commentary.

Also the commentary updates Madden does aren't that great if you play cfm.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2016, 07:10 PM   #6
Pro

How do you get hear Harold Reynolds at Safeco field? Is it random? I play Franchise mode offline thanks.

-Jae
Old 11-16-2016, 01:14 AM   #7
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jada855
How do you get hear Harold Reynolds at Safeco field? Is it random? I play Franchise mode offline thanks.

-Jae
Yeah pretty sure its a low % dice roll and he makes an appearance in the booth and says a few lines. Rtts and Franchise
Old 11-16-2016, 09:56 AM   #8
MVP

That homer call was the worst I've ever heard. It must have been some type of mistake, because usually, Matt tells you in the call that you've won the series, I've heard it in the past. "Move over Joe Carter, this series is over!" Something like that. I just want to hear Matt do it like he does in real life. Go listen to his call of the 8thinning homer in game 7 from this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »