Home

Every UPDATE REQUIRED message should come with bullet points of what it actually does

This is a discussion on Every UPDATE REQUIRED message should come with bullet points of what it actually does within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2016, 07:36 AM   #1
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

OVR: 0
Exclamation Every UPDATE REQUIRED message should come with bullet points of what it actually does

For how little effort it would actually take, just to have a couple of bullet points saying "added Moments cards to MyTeam" or "tweaked shooting slightly" or "added XX brand shoes" would go a long way to making these updates a lot less mysterious.

2Ks absolute refusal to do all by the bare minimum of communication is a big reason why people create threads like "OMG THEY CHANGED SHOOTING I CAN'T HIT NOW" when all they did was add a jersey or something...

I wish they'd lift their communication game across the board, but just backing up every UPDATE REQUIRED message with even a little explanation would go a long way.

Last edited by NoLeafClover; 11-19-2016 at 09:43 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2016, 07:55 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Every UPDATE REQUIRED message should come with bullet points of what it actually

Agreed. I am considering using my Xbox offline.... I can't stand this updates anymore

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk
Old 11-19-2016, 08:35 AM   #3
Rookie

meccs's Arena

Re: Every UPDATE REQUIRED message should come with bullet points of what it actually

Could not agree more! And not just "made ACE adjustments"! We need to know what they are doing to the gameplay imho.
Old 11-19-2016, 09:31 AM   #4
Rookie

info0's Arena

Prior to today's Tuning Update I was enjoying the game LOTS.

However, today 19.11.2017 around 15:18 (CET) - there was another Update Required notification.

Went out of MyLeague to update the game. Sadly gameplay went downhill AGAIN. What the hell are you guys at 2K/VC doing?! Care to explain what you TUNE exactly?

I swear, if I had box copy of the game, I would have never updated the game :/. Yes, it had problems, but it was best NBA game you lot ever produced. Now it's 2k16 with patches... Stop listening to those Online scrubs/MyTeam/Pro-Am guys all the time. You tune Online part of game, but it breaks stuff in Offline modes.
Old 11-19-2016, 10:29 AM   #5
Rookie

ammar_munes's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by info0
Prior to today's Tuning Update I was enjoying the game LOTS.

However, today 19.11.2017 around 15:18 (CET) - there was another Update Required notification.

Went out of MyLeague to update the game. Sadly gameplay went downhill AGAIN. What the hell are you guys at 2K/VC doing?! Care to explain what you TUNE exactly?

I swear, if I had box copy of the game, I would have never updated the game :/. Yes, it had problems, but it was best NBA game you lot ever produced. Now it's 2k16 with patches... Stop listening to those Online scrubs/MyTeam/Pro-Am guys all the time. You tune Online part of game, but it breaks stuff in Offline modes.
I agree with you , i have mentioned this before to many complaints about OP arctype or shooting to easy , i wish they can reset everything back to origenal , just fix bugs and glitches . Stop playing around with shooting , it really mess up the game for ppl playing offline

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2016, 10:29 AM   #6
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

I agree. They need something to tell us what's being updated when the big basketball in the middle pops up. Admittedly, I'm guilty of always blaming the updates when I have a bad game or the game plays differently than from when I last played it in PNO.

I hate playing not knowing if I have to practice more, or do I have to "adjust" to new gameplay mechanics and/or percentages.
Old 11-19-2016, 10:29 AM   #7
Rookie

ammar_munes's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammar_munes
I agree with you , i have mentioned this before to many complaints about OP arctype or shooting tooo easy , i wish they can reset everything back to origenal , just fix bugs and glitches . Stop playing around with shooting , it really mess up the game for ppl playing offline

Old 11-19-2016, 10:58 AM   #8
Rookie

And once again, they messed up EVERYTHING with an update

I was having decent games vs HOF cpu for a while, I adjusted sliders a bit for decent gameplay and tight realistic games

Today i get an "update required" and after that the cpu has become superhuman again...
They can dribble in the middle of all your guys without never loosing the ball, they get unreal steals all the time (just as you press pass, the cpu center does 5 meters in 0,5 sec to steal the ball...), not a single screen is working for you, your jumpshots don't go in anymore, your cpu teammates in defense stop marking their man for no reason...

SERIOUSLY what is the point of screwing up the game like this on a regular basis ?? So if i understand, i have to once again struggle again with the settings and difficulty to achieve decent gameplay until the next update that will mess everything up in 2 weeks or so ??

Indeed, they should really communicate about the nature of the updates... when are they coming, and what they are supposed to "fix"...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »