Home

Doing Work Meter Issue Answered by 2K

This is a discussion on Doing Work Meter Issue Answered by 2K within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 08:10 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Angry Doing Work Meter Issue Answered by 2K

So I finally received answers from 2K about my Doin Work Meter vanishing. Apparently once you've reach 25 upgrade cap awards in MyCareere—earned through practice—it automatically disappears and prevents you from gaining anymore cap upgrades. Now 2K has dictated the game mode you play in if you want to have a 99 overall player with all your available attributes filled in. So my playmaking PG is now locked at a 95OVR (with 25 available slots left to upgrade) unless I play in MyPark and achieve Superstar level. They tell me this in new in NBA2K17. Bush League!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2016, 08:23 AM   #2
MVP

FerdBrown's Arena

Re: Doing Work Meter Issue Answered by the 2K dictators

Quote:
Originally Posted by perksg
So I finally received answers from 2K about my Doin Work Meter vanishing. Apparently once you've reach 25 upgrade cap awards in MyCareere—earned through practice—it automatically disappears and prevents you from gaining anymore cap upgrades. Now 2K has dictated the game mode you play in if you want to have a 99 overall player with all your available attributes filled in. So my playmaking PG is now locked at a 95OVR (with 25 available slots left to upgrade) unless I play in MyPark and achieve Superstar level. They tell me this in new in NBA2K17. Bush League!

In 2K17, 95 is the new 99. Unless you don't have a day job and you play 20 hours / day in the park, it's not worth getting those extra 4 ratings. Besides, think of it, I define 99 as 99 in ALL categories, not a spiff of archetypes here and there.
Old 11-23-2016, 08:28 AM   #3
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Doing Work Meter Issue Answered by the 2K

I edited the thread title.

I'd advise to stay away from that type of language in the future. This is a warning.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Old 11-23-2016, 09:19 AM   #4
Rookie

What did I do? I'm not sure what language you are referring to exactly.
Old 11-23-2016, 09:26 AM   #5
Pro

Ummmm... I still get attributes from practice. I'll try and record it to show you guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2016, 09:35 AM   #6
Rookie

I have the tweets from 2K support mapping out the situation. So either they are being deceptive or they aren't understanding my issue.
Old 11-23-2016, 02:43 PM   #7
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Re: Doing Work Meter Issue Answered by 2K

What if you only want to play offline, but you really want that 99 overall? Sucks to force people like you to play online.

Personally, I am the opposite (hate offline mode)... so it sucks for me how much time I have to spend doing it.

I don't think they even need to create separate modes - just make it so we can grind our dudes 100% online or 100% offline with the same results.

Change it from "perform X move 1,000,000 times" to "earn Experience Points by playing X amount of games" and let us dump EXP Points to level up whatever it was we want to level up.
Old 11-23-2016, 03:16 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Doing Work Meter Issue Answered by 2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by perksg
You can play pro am walk on not just park

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »