Home

BLOCKED DUNKS

This is a discussion on BLOCKED DUNKS within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2016, 12:32 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
BLOCKED DUNKS

i'm absolutely ****ing sick of them now. straight sick of them. when the god damn game first shipped it rarely happened. now it dunks are blocked 4 or 5 times a damn game. end this. im frankly sick of beating some dude of the dribble and 2K allows recovery by blocking ****ing dunks when the player is going up for a dunk or when Shaq has it at the rim. imagine shaq getting his dunks blocked multiple times a game. really bro??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2016, 08:37 PM   #2
Rookie

Jumpie21's Arena

Re: BLOCKED DUNKS

just increase your dunk in traffic succes in your slider settings, and it wont happen again!
Old 11-29-2016, 12:32 AM   #3
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

I've noticed it become a lot more prevent in Park and Pro Am

It's back to 16 type balance where smalls can block bigs in the most ridiculous forms of circumstances. Slasher builds are getting chopped up after making a clear pursuit to the rim.

Some of the more difficult dunks to block are back to being blocked very easily by any player model. As long as said player makes the attempt: the game has a way of making it very easy to animate the block for said player.

It diminishes the value of the paint protector badge and paint protector build. It also diminishes the value of height.

I'm just trying to adjust personally.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
Old 11-29-2016, 03:43 AM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
I've noticed it become a lot more prevent in Park and Pro Am

It's back to 16 type balance where smalls can block bigs in the most ridiculous forms of circumstances. Slasher builds are getting chopped up after making a clear pursuit to the rim.

Some of the more difficult dunks to block are back to being blocked very easily by any player model. As long as said player makes the attempt: the game has a way of making it very easy to animate the block for said player.

It diminishes the value of the paint protector badge and paint protector build. It also diminishes the value of height.

I'm just trying to adjust personally.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
Scoring at the rim is too slow. The one place where defense shines is the block speed animation. It's too fast compared to how slow dunks are. Plus there are specific "get blocked" animations. Dunks you don't even have equipped come just to get smacked. It's bad enough slashers can't shoot, can't dribble, can't make layups THAT much better than other classes. Now after spending hours working on him I'm still getting smacked.

I'm never making inside character again.

My shot creator has been letting me down recently too. Meanwhile SS still make everything.
Old 11-29-2016, 05:09 AM   #5
Rookie

I'm even getting blocked just doing a shot fake!
Which never happens in real life.....

When ever I get a pass under the rim, I don't even bother faking or going up anymore, you need to wait 2 secs, and then attempt, or just go into a post up and try to dunk it.
Or even better dribble out a bit and back and then dunk.
or turbo and double tap x, for a spin layup/dunk etc
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2016, 05:15 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolColJ
I'm even getting blocked just doing a shot fake!
Which never happens in real life.....

When ever I get a pass under the rim, I don't even bother faking or going up anymore, you need to wait 2 secs, and then attempt, or just go into a post up and try to dunk it.
Or even better dribble out a bit and back and then dunk.
or turbo and double tap x, for a spin layup/dunk etc
I feel like lead passes to the paint are automatic bobbles now. You can't get a clean pass to the paint unless you throw a full court pass on the break.
Old 11-29-2016, 07:57 AM   #7
Pro

I'm a 6'10 athletic finisher that can't finish. I get blocked what seems like 80% of the time.
I can't even go up on a pg!
If I get the ball in the paint and pump fake, get the guy to jump, and go up, I still get blocked because the guy that just left his feet is able to double jump and block me anyway.
I have all of my hof badges and they mean nothing.
This is one of the worst NBA 2K games I have ever played!
As an athletic finisher I'm forced to be a jump shooter if I want to score.
Fix your game 2k!
I'm sick of watching other archetypes excel at what I'm supposed to be hall of fame at when I can't do it!

Last edited by awg811; 11-29-2016 at 01:08 PM.
Old 11-29-2016, 09:23 AM   #8
Rookie

Dunk for slasher are very easy getting blocked even with small player. Dunk for slasher must be hard to be rejected and faster animation. And why other archtype like sharpshooter, playmaker can do the flashy dunk like a slasher? Cmon 2k...

Sent from my ASUS_Z010D using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »