Home

Why do bad defense play so well in online H2H?

This is a discussion on Why do bad defense play so well in online H2H? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2016, 08:00 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Why do bad defense play so well in online H2H?

Talking primarily about the Falcons and the Raiders. Im a pretty good player. Im ranked in the top 350 with 274 wins. Ive come across guys online who pick off passes, swat passes, sack me in a second and stick to my guys like glue. Is this some kind of glitch? Falcons are the 28th worst defense in the league and dead last against the pass. Raiders are around the same. How are these defenses able to play at any sort of competitive level? Its a joke.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2016, 09:23 PM   #2
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Why do bad defense play so well in online H2H?

Well if you are just looking at defensive yards given up then you would be correct. However Oakland is 5th in takeaways (however their rank with sacks is 29), Falcons on the other hand are 13th in takeaways and 15th in sacks. So while not all star teams, they aren't exactly the worst defenses period.

Add in the fact that each of them have some great defensive players (i.e. the Falcons have Desmond Trufant, Vic Beasley, Deion Jones, and Keanu Neal) and you can start seeing why they are making some big plays. Add in the fact that there are occasionally some cheesy tactics used in H2H, the disparity becomes a bit clearer.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Old 12-18-2016, 06:51 AM   #3
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

At first I didn't know what you were saying until I realized you meant why do bad defenses in the NFL play well in H2H.

As for answer, it was already given: those two defenses aren't as bad as their total yards ranking suggests.
Old 12-19-2016, 04:18 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampking101
Well if you are just looking at defensive yards given up then you would be correct. However Oakland is 5th in takeaways (however their rank with sacks is 29), Falcons on the other hand are 13th in takeaways and 15th in sacks. So while not all star teams, they aren't exactly the worst defenses period.

Add in the fact that each of them have some great defensive players (i.e. the Falcons have Desmond Trufant, Vic Beasley, Deion Jones, and Keanu Neal) and you can start seeing why they are making some big plays. Add in the fact that there are occasionally some cheesy tactics used in H2H, the disparity becomes a bit clearer.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Right, but the worst team in the NFL against the pass shouldn't be able to pick off any pass remotely near them, swat passes headed 15 yards over their heads, and stick to quality WRs in man. I dont care how good the user is, they just shouldn't even be capable of such things like a quality defense is. They are ranked last against the pass for good reason, they are terrible against the pass. Madden gets more unrealistic every year.
Old 12-20-2016, 04:47 AM   #5
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter75
Right, but the worst team in the NFL against the pass shouldn't be able to pick off any pass remotely near them, swat passes headed 15 yards over their heads, and stick to quality WRs in man. I dont care how good the user is, they just shouldn't even be capable of such things like a quality defense is. They are ranked last against the pass for good reason, they are terrible against the pass. Madden gets more unrealistic every year.
The worst pass defense in the NFL currently has 16 interceptions, which is more than one per game, so yeah...

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...ualified=false
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2016, 08:14 AM   #6
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

The problem with saying oh those defenses arent as bad as they look in the nfl by total yards.

Is that, in MUT specifically, 65 Overall corners stick like glue to all pro, hall of fame wide receivers on a regular basis.

Not only that, but chump Dlineman like 65 to 70 overall guys get past 85+ Overall rated Olineman like it aint no thang.

This is EAs Dev's not caring about anything but online play. This is them making ratings not matter throughout there game.
Old 12-22-2016, 03:23 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD34KC
The problem with saying oh those defenses arent as bad as they look in the nfl by total yards.

Is that, in MUT specifically, 65 Overall corners stick like glue to all pro, hall of fame wide receivers on a regular basis.

Not only that, but chump Dlineman like 65 to 70 overall guys get past 85+ Overall rated Olineman like it aint no thang.

This is EAs Dev's not caring about anything but online play. This is them making ratings not matter throughout there game.
Exactly. Its ridiculous. I dont care how good a player someone is, they should be able to play lock down defense with one of the worst defensive teams in the league, period. Its a shame Madden has turned from fairly realistic SIM to arcade garbage. NFL Blitz was more realistic at times.

Last edited by Dexter75; 12-22-2016 at 03:25 AM.
Old 12-23-2016, 05:26 AM   #8
Rookie

That's the first Madden I know where defense can really stop somebody. I'm not a pro player, but I had online games ending 6-3 or something similar to that, so definitely defense play a huge role. Other games end 35-28 which is quite fine. You need both to have a realistic game.

I totally don't understand your complaint. Yes, defense is better and yes, there are interceptions. I have games too where I have 4+ interceptions, but if I look at them then they are almost always my fault. If you don't have the perfect timing or you are throwing to a receiver already standing at his spot, then it will be picked. Actually you have to have a working passing game in your offense, otherwise you will not be successful. How often do you see NFL games with only ~100 passing yards and no touchdowns? Happens quite often and the game shows that this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »