Home

Hard crashes on the PS4 Pro have made this unplayable literally

This is a discussion on Hard crashes on the PS4 Pro have made this unplayable literally within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2016, 11:31 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 4
Hard crashes on the PS4 Pro have made this unplayable literally

Even starting brand new file, reinstalling game again, everything. Hard crash in MyGM w/ the Knicks. 1st quarter every time. Can't send video because it goes straight to the dashboard. I've reported this a number of times on a number of sites. I would really appreciate if someone could please chime in on whether these hard crash issues on the PS4 Pro are being looked at because this isn't a small thing. What blows my mind is that I am 64 games into my 1st season on my regular PS4 and never had a crash in that mode EVER. I even tried the game and my files off usb on my friend's pro thinking it might be my system but it wasn't that either. Used to play this every day and now I literally cannot play my MyGM file with 64 games played on 10 min quarters. 10 times out of 10 hard crash in first quarter. Trying with fresh game install and fresh MyGM each patch to be safe and nothing. This is one dude who is growing extremely frustrated. Did I mention that I also put $100 worth of VC into that MyGM file which is really the reason I am so hot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2016, 02:05 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Hard crashes on the PS4 Pro have made this unplayable literally

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4889
Even starting brand new file, reinstalling game again, everything. Hard crash in MyGM w/ the Knicks. 1st quarter every time. Can't send video because it goes straight to the dashboard. I've reported this a number of times on a number of sites. I would really appreciate if someone could please chime in on whether these hard crash issues on the PS4 Pro are being looked at because this isn't a small thing. What blows my mind is that I am 64 games into my 1st season on my regular PS4 and never had a crash in that mode EVER. I even tried the game and my files off usb on my friend's pro thinking it might be my system but it wasn't that either. Used to play this every day and now I literally cannot play my MyGM file with 64 games played on 10 min quarters. 10 times out of 10 hard crash in first quarter. Trying with fresh game install and fresh MyGM each patch to be safe and nothing. This is one dude who is growing extremely frustrated. Did I mention that I also put $100 worth of VC into that MyGM file which is really the reason I am so hot.

I feel for you man. First on Xbox One mine would not load or when I got it to load it took like 10 minutes. Decided to start playing on the Pro and I be damned if my system crashes and my screen goes black. I tried again this morning and same thing. Decided to go on Twitch and I be damned again if my system didn't crash. Back to the store I went to exchange my console hoping this is the issue.

Wish me luck as I'm currently installing it on my new Pro with about 45 min to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 12-19-2016, 04:37 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 8

I have the same issue, upgraded to ps4 pro and have had 4 crashes so far. I only do MyGM, and the game crashes to blue screen in the middle of the game, everytime. I haven't played much because of this, and have not been able to get through a full MyGM game yet. I'm furious and this isn't getting ANY attention from 2K. I just don't understand why.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 12-20-2016, 08:42 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 4

I am running 5 other games on my pro that have never crashed. Also, I have never had a crash with MyGM on my regular PS4.

Last edited by ryan4889; 12-20-2016 at 08:51 AM.
Old 12-20-2016, 09:24 AM   #5
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

I have never crashed on PS4 pro .

But on PS4 vanilla the game was crashing all the time.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2016, 09:28 AM   #6
Pro

I was able to get through a whole game by saving at half time. I do wonder if the crash has to do with quarter length. I belive most of my crashes happened in the 3rd quarter but I'm not 100%.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 12-20-2016, 05:44 PM   #7
Rookie

Maxflier's Arena

OVR: 6

Don't remember ever crashing on the Pro either, although I do not play My GM mode.
Old 01-08-2017, 10:22 AM   #8
Pro

My game has also crashed in My Team, and MyPlayer. I am starting to think it's due to quarter length, anything more than 5 min and my game freezes. I had tens of games run fine with 5min quarters in MyPlayer, changed it to 9min and it froze up...first game. I want to hear from 2k on this, or else I have no choice but to see if Sony will refund me. I have submitted at least 8 crash reports in the last month.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »