Home

Pass coverage scripting frustation

This is a discussion on Pass coverage scripting frustation within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2016, 09:19 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
Pass coverage scripting frustation

I put this game down a few months back due to a combination of increased work demands and this particular flaw in the game. This video is from All-Madden btw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj6I_fdF_H4

Now I am not sure if this is something that can be addressed in sliders (if so please point them to me) but I am very tired of this particular element to this years game. It reminds me of the "wide open gameplay" days. I know it's late in the season so I'm hoping that the devs see this and put a pin in it for the future.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2016, 09:43 PM   #2
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Pass coverage scripting frustation

Is that game play from the patched version or out of the box version the patch version is nerfed
Old 12-22-2016, 09:48 PM   #3
Rookie

JDoze's Arena

OVR: 3

I feel like one of the biggest problems of the game is lack of a.i. sprinting. It affects the cpu in every way because user's switch and sprint to shut down every aspect of the game. It's why humans beat the a.i. teams too easily... the a.i. simply isn't fast enough to make plays.
Old 12-22-2016, 09:55 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
Is that game play from the patched version or out of the box version the patch version is nerfed
That's from a patched version
Old 12-22-2016, 10:25 PM   #5
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
That's from a patched version
OK try going back to the out of the box version the wr dB interaction is more physical and coverage is tighter..the patched version completely nerfed the press and increased separation. I am not saying it's completely eliminated on the out of the box version but it's noticeably different thanks to dB skins for converting me to the OOTB version give it a try man
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2016, 11:52 PM   #6
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0

I see your point about the DB catching up. I'm not sure why you called the thread and video "scripting" though.

From my experience when I played HS football, so take it for what you will. I ran a 5.1 and would face many dbs who ran 4.6,4.7,4.8. If they pressed and I beat them on a fade, they weren't going to catch right up to me 20 yards down the field. The db's would fight to get just off my inside hip, and if you got a great release they aren't going to catch up.

Now I think the real issue here in the clip is how in press coverage the dbs almost always lose badly. There are never 50/50 splits where neither won or lost. I don't think in that clip that the db should have been at Gronks back when he caught the ball. Closer probably but not at his back.

I would think adjusting the speed threshold would make things closer to how you want them to play out.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Old 12-22-2016, 11:56 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
I see your point about the DB catching up. I'm not sure why you called the thread and video "scripting" though.

From my experience when I played HS football, so take it for what you will. I ran a 5.1 and would face many dbs who ran 4.6,4.7,4.8. If they pressed and I beat them on a fade, they weren't going to catch right up to me 20 yards down the field. The db's would fight to get just off my inside hip, and if you got a great release they aren't going to catch up.

Now I think the real issue here in the clip is how in press coverage the dbs almost always lose badly. There are never 50/50 splits where neither won or lost. I don't think in that clip that the db should have been at Gronks back when he caught the ball. Closer probably but not at his back.

I would think adjusting the speed threshold would make things closer to how you want them to play out.

Hmmm...I played college football, but never was I privy to the 40 times of my opponents.

Just curious as to how you were able to access this information about your opponents' 40 times?
Old 12-22-2016, 11:59 PM   #8
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturzinator
Hmmm...I played college football, but never was I privy to the 40 times of my opponents.

Just curious as to how you were able to access this information about your opponents' 40 times?
Teammates in practice

Sorry should've been more clear

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »