Home

Editing Draft Players Before Draft

This is a discussion on Editing Draft Players Before Draft within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2017, 08:44 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 3
Editing Draft Players Before Draft

Is there anyway to edit players in the draft before the draft in your online franchise? Name etc

Also does anybody ever change the players heights and weights etc? Does it screw anything up?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2017, 08:56 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Editing Draft Players Before Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by niftyjets
Is there anyway to edit players in the draft before the draft in your online franchise? Name etc

Also does anybody ever change the players heights and weights etc? Does it screw anything up?

Thanks
Changing heights and weights without changing ratings has an impact on "size" but I don't believe it has any real impact. I.e. 90 strength on a DE who is 220 lbs versus 300 lbs is, to my awareness, treated the same.

At this time there is no way to edit players before the draft without exploiting a glitch from the base game (i.e. a game with no patches [or at least post a certain patch that fixed the glitch]).

There are plenty of us pulling for editable draft classes like those in OOTP or 2K though.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 01-04-2017, 10:44 AM   #3
Rookie

MWit28725's Arena

OVR: 5
Icon4 Re: Editing Draft Players Before Draft

I feel that in general, players coming in are too old and there aren't enough 21-22 year olds. So what I do after each draft is go through the draft recap and tally each age. 21, 22, and 23/24. Every 24 year old automatically gets edited to 23. Then for every fifth player in each age range gets bumped down one year. So every 5th, 22 year old gets edited to 21, every 5th 21 year old to 20, etc.

I'm going to try something a little different with my next draft to try and add a little more realism as well. In the 1st round for certain positions, I'm going to use a random number selector to determine age as well. I'll use HB as an example. You almost never see 23 year old HB'/ taken I the 1st round. I would say the average age for a projected 1st round RB coming into his rookie season is 21 (just guessing, no actual research here). So I'll probably put five 21's and a 20, and a 22 into the selector and see what comes out. That would be the age. That kind of thing will mostly apply to skill position players drafted high. Also, I think I'm going to start not changing any 21's to 20 and 22's to 21 after the 1st 3 rounds, as it's not as likely that someone that young would come out early if they're going to be a 5th round pick. I'll just wait until the next player in the 1st 3 rounds in that age group comes up and I'll change theirs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »