Home

MyPark/MyPlayer/Online Question

This is a discussion on MyPark/MyPlayer/Online Question within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2017, 06:14 PM   #1
Rookie

MSU124's Arena

OVR: 4
MyPark/MyPlayer/Online Question

For someone who only plays MyLeague, am I missing out?

I tried MyPlayer last year but the story line seems boring to me and I seemed like it took forever to get your rating high enough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2017, 06:27 PM   #2
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MyPark/MyPlayer/Online Question

No, you made the right choice.

There isn't really a story, just some boring Lifetime Movie cutscenes. Nothing you do really dictates the plot (we all saw the same thing, except maybe in a different order).

The Announcers/TNT Guys/Fake Coach/SocialMedia, etc... never change their script. You'll notice this by the 4th or 5th game in - you'll be able to memorize the damn script by the time you finish grinding.

The one thing you ARE missing out on, though, is playing online with your MyPlayer. Playing online with real teammates is really fun. It's so much fun that I can't play offline anymore and I put up with all the BS (there's a lot) that surrounds it.
Old 01-09-2017, 07:18 PM   #3
Rookie

MSU124's Arena

OVR: 4

And i have to play myplayer to play online, correct?
Old 01-09-2017, 08:23 PM   #4
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSU124
Yeah. You have to grind for Badges in the offline mode and earn VC to buy Attributes/Animation Packages.

The only thing you can do online is grind for Rep (gives VC and Rep Bonuses).
Old 01-09-2017, 08:26 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSU124
You can't play park or pro am without MyPlayer. The NBA related online modes are still there if u want to try them

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2017, 08:30 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
Yeah. You have to grind for Badges in the offline mode and earn VC to buy Attributes/Animation Packages.

The only thing you can do online is grind for Rep (gives VC and Rep Bonuses).
Well you don't strictly 'have' to grind in offline to play online - you can create a player and go direct to park / pro-am playing with a 55 overall rated player with no badges. Of course this puts you at a huge disadvantage to most other player who have up 95/96 overall rated players with multiple badges.

A halfway solution is to buy vc to make your player an 86 overall - again though no badges will put you at a disadvantage in most cases but at least you will be able to max out skills important to you / your archetype and make you more competitive.

Anything beyond an 86 rated player and/or if you want badges will require the offline 'grind'.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:07 PM   #7
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00by
Well you don't strictly 'have' to grind in offline to play online - you can create a player and go direct to park / pro-am playing with a 55 overall rated player with no badges. Of course this puts you at a huge disadvantage to most other player who have up 95/96 overall rated players with multiple badges.

A halfway solution is to buy vc to make your player an 86 overall - again though no badges will put you at a disadvantage in most cases but at least you will be able to max out skills important to you / your archetype and make you more competitive.

Anything beyond an 86 rated player and/or if you want badges will require the offline 'grind'.
True, but like you said... the disadvantage is huge.

As tempting as it is to buy VC, I wouldn't do it. Not just cuz I think it's lame for 2k to make you want to pay for VC, but the amount of time you're going to need to spend grinding will actually get you the VC.

Some people say badges don't matter, but I'm a believer that badges make a huge difference. Certain things you can't even do until you get the badge. Every player should have at least 30 badges and you'll probably earn 300k+ VC grinding for em, so just be patient and earn VC as you go.

Since the story sucks, you should put it on Rookie Mode/100 Speed/12minute quarters and spam moves to earn the specific badges you're looking for. Ignore the idea of winning a championship, just focus on grinding. Winning a championship and all that other stuff is just as boring and uninspired as the rest of the "story," so just do the grind and move on to the real fun: playing online.

Last edited by SirGaryColeman; 01-09-2017 at 10:10 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »