Home

OS Staff Selects Our 2016 Sports Game of the Year

This is a discussion on OS Staff Selects Our 2016 Sports Game of the Year within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2017, 09:49 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
OS Staff Selects Our 2016 Sports Game of the Year

The Staff Sports Game of the Year has been handed out for over a decade now here at Operation Sports. The process for how we decide the sports game of the year is simple for our staff voting: We simply have everyone send their top three sports games of the year and assign them points in a reverse manner (3 points for 1st, 2 for 2nd, 1 for 3rd).

We do it this way because we want to be able to award the top three sports games as voted on by the staff, so we allow the staff to vote on three total games on their list.

Over the past several seasons, NBA 2K has dominated this list, winning the last several years thanks to a lot of innovation and a polished presentation and gameplay product.

Did NBA 2K17 hold onto the crown? Let's make the jump and find out!

Read More - OS Staff Selects Our 2016 Sports Game of the Year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2017, 10:26 AM   #2
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29
You can't go wrong with any of these picks.
Old 01-11-2017, 10:43 AM   #3
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: OS Staff Selects Our 2016 Sports Game of the Year

No Pro Evolution Soccer? As much as I love NBA 2K, it would have been 3rd on my list, barely.

1. PES 2017
2. MLB The Show
3. NBA 2K17

Just my opinion, of course.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-11-2017, 11:47 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0
NBA 2k17 is the best game of the year. I buy every NBA Madden and Show every year.

NBA did in an incredible job. Easily the best.
Old 01-11-2017, 12:56 PM   #5
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
I would have put PES over Madden just because of how good the gameplay is. I feel like it's becoming the MLB of soccer games. NBA 2k deserves to be here because it is definitely the fullest package. I just hope they get rid of the legacy issues and revert the career node to what it onc was. There are plenty of ways without using a story to add immersion to the mode. This story stuff can exist, but not at the expense of the traditional career mode. That's something FIFA understood. A lot of the times when these studios say they base effort put into modes based on user usage %, it's really a half-assed way of allocating time. If modes don't change sufficiently from year to year, of course less people will play them. This doesn't mean you abandon the mode, no, you fix it, actually innovate w/in the mode.

Excuse the rant lol Just tired of seeing traditional career and franchise modes getting the ridiculously short-end of the stick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2017, 02:07 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: OS Staff Selects Our 2016 Sports Game of the Year

I have them all ,all great

Sent from my SM-G900T using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-11-2017, 02:23 PM   #7
Pro

poulka's Arena

OVR: 8
I can agree with these I own an Xbox so have no recent dealing with the show. I agree with bxphenom7 franchise mode needs to be brought to the forefront with these gaming companies. Everyone is talking about Ultimate Team, but to me that mode is a side dish. It is like going to a restaurant and that restaurant only takes time fixing up the salad completely ignoring the fact that folks are tired of the steak. Nothing wrong with Ultimate Team, but franchise has been and will always be the backbone of the game. Innovate that mode I am a gamer for over 30 years the only reason I play is to be own realistic GM. Not a fantasy player what do we see sports news talking about real team transactions. Sure we have fantasy segments, but one again just a side bar. Come gaming companies put some innovation into franchise. MLB and NBA have, time for others to step up.
Old 01-11-2017, 03:14 PM   #8
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
No Pro Evolution Soccer? As much as I love NBA 2K, it would have been 3rd on my list, barely.

1. PES 2017
2. MLB The Show
3. NBA 2K17

Just my opinion, of course.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Operation Sports mobile app
PES got a push from certain portions of the staff, don't think it had as much wide appeal as the other 3 is all. PES is fabulous in either case.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »