Home

2k16 after the final patch vs 2k17 at this moment, which one will you choose and why

This is a discussion on 2k16 after the final patch vs 2k17 at this moment, which one will you choose and why within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2017, 03:28 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
2k16 after the final patch vs 2k17 at this moment, which one will you choose and why

Pretend they are two versions of the same game, and you are asked to make a decision to pick one and release it as the final game

*ONLY COMAPRING OFFLINE PLAY VS AI
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2017, 06:32 AM   #2
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2k16 after the final patch vs 2k17 at this moment, which one will you choose and

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
Pretend they are two versions of the same game, and you are asked to make a decision to pick one and release it as the final game

*ONLY COMAPRING OFFLINE PLAY VS AI
Both AI won't protect the paint. In both versions of the game a manual cut (katana) will net you 2pts 90% of the time. In 2K16 it might be 95%. 2K16 also can't defend Y cuts (flushes) and guard to guard PnFs. 2K17 does a better job with switches between 1-4 however all that is ruined because 17 has over aggressive double logic.

From a user stand point you can execute both sides of the ball better on 17. 2K17 AI tries harder but fails more spectacularly. 2K16 AI takes less calculated risk and averages out to be a better defense. In both versions of the game offline, if you know what you are doing, there's no reason you can't score 80-100 pts with just one player on cuts to the paint.

If you like to execute your offense perfectly with more gameplan control then 17 is the way to go. Actually 17 is better in every aspect is just the execution of it by the AI is scary bad. For example on 16 going CAVS vs GSW I can win by about 30 on HOF ? On 17 I can win the same matchup with GSW having durant too by a whopping 50 pts (in both cases I am Cavs). I can pull off three triple doubles in the same game by three different players on the same team. In 2K16 I can only do 2 at most.

17 paint defense on cuts is as bad as it can get l, I personally dropped 118 with Rondo once. And every cut I did was an authentic NBA off ball cut. 17 and 16 defense don't defend the paint together, 17 is really good at bumping off Y cuts but clueless defending manual cuts.

If you are playing offline against AI this game is great for user offense and defense, the AI is a sitting duck. You can baby it and try to get realistic box scores if you like, but once you amp up your playstyle to anything that resembles a basic NBA offense the AI will crumble to its knees.

Last edited by itchyroll_51; 01-13-2017 at 06:35 AM.
Old 01-13-2017, 09:04 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: 2k16 after the final patch vs 2k17 at this moment, which one will you choose and

2k17. I play strictly myleague offline and the defense was so abysmal in 2k16 I gave up after a month (and I got for Xmas so it was post patches). There are times in 2k17 that the bigs frustrate me with who they pick up, how they defend the paint, but it is still LIGHT YEARS better than 2k16. I get frustrated on occasion with 2k17 AI D, but I still enjoy it. I did not enjoy 2k16 and debated getting 2k17 because the experience was so awful
Old 01-14-2017, 04:47 AM   #4
Pro

Vroman's Arena

In my opinion 2k17 is not on the level of 2k16 gameplay because more things are broken than before. All flaws that existed in 2k16 exists in 2k17 on the worse level.

Also the online part of the game is even more terrible, already got more bs kick out errors in 2k17 than whole span of 2k15 + 2k16 and the horrendous input lag as usual .

Last edited by Vroman; 01-14-2017 at 04:50 AM.
Old 01-14-2017, 09:48 AM   #5
Banned

I wasn't a huge fan of 16 in the slightest, but it's definitely better than 17.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2017, 01:12 PM   #6
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Like someone just said, a lot of the issues that 16 has are still in the game, some even worse.

16 feels much more fluid to me and I feel more in control. 17 just has this weird feeling to it. I can't really explain it. Almost like you're playing on the moon lol. The ball physics just feel weird. Everything feels slow and floaty to me. 16 felt tighter and more responsive and there was a faster pace to it. Players also had more weight to them.

The OTF menus are bad and I'm not feeling those ACE packages at all. Much prefer the POE options from last year.

Fastbreaks also kill this game for me. I like to run and gun and the way players fill the lanes on the break is so bad it kills the game for me.

Last edited by Hustle Westbrook; 01-14-2017 at 01:14 PM.
Old 01-14-2017, 02:55 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 10

haha 2k16 v 2k17? My ps4 just got a little further in the closet.

-Smak
Old 01-14-2017, 03:08 PM   #8
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook

Like someone just said, a lot of the issues that 16 has are still in the game, some even worse.

16 feels much more fluid to me and I feel more in control. 17 just has this weird feeling to it. I can't really explain it. Almost like you're playing on the moon lol. The ball physics just feel weird. Everything feels slow and floaty to me. 16 felt tighter and more responsive and there was a faster pace to it. Players also had more weight to them.

The OTF menus are bad and I'm not feeling those ACE packages at all. Much prefer the POE options from last year.

Fastbreaks also kill this game for me. I like to run and gun and the way players fill the lanes on the break is so bad it kills the game for me.
I thought I was the only one that noticed that floaty feel to 2k17, i pop in 2k16 and the control feels so much better, i hope 2k18 isnt a rushed product like 2k17 was because it shows.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »