Home

Wingmen theme

This is a discussion on Wingmen theme within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2017, 01:18 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Wingmen theme

I am gonna get that T-Mac for whatever cost needed.

Not very impressed with the rest of the collection though

Compared to Lockdown theme these cards don't seem so OP
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2017, 01:26 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Wingmen theme

Not impressed. Maybe if I cared more about MyTeam I would be excited about the T-Mac, but until they give him Jimmer Freddettes jumper then I don't like T-Mac in this game. Tracy used to jump so high and hit contested 3's like no other. He was unguardable, especially that turnaround fade-away jumper from the high post.

In 2k he does none of these things, so pass. Reminds me of Hakeem 80 something block and the "Dreem Shake" than gets blocked more than it goes in. 2k hates the Rockets and I don't care about any good former Rockets in this game. One of their devs that does the YouTube said they don't care about what the Rockets are doing in the regular season and they only judge the Rockets based on how they do in the playoffs.

Last edited by sk8board; 01-17-2017 at 01:28 PM.
Old 01-17-2017, 01:27 PM   #3
Pro

Dumars looks sneaky good. Top notch 3 and D guy who can lock up opposing PGs or SGs. But I'm with you on the rest of the collection outside of T-Mac and Penny.
Old 01-17-2017, 01:35 PM   #4
Rookie

AsYouSwish's Arena

I would consider Tmac or Penny because they look like an upgrade to my current PG/SG and because I imagine they'll have high resell value as they're popular players. I wouldn't be surprised if these are the best Tmac and Penny cards we get all year. Neither are "must haves" for me but they're not bad cards. But pretty disappointed with the badges compared to the last few releases. I'm glad I did the Lockdown set for Robinson.
Old 01-17-2017, 01:39 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsYouSwish
I would consider Tmac or Penny because they look like an upgrade to my current PG/SG and because I imagine they'll have high resell value as they're popular players. I wouldn't be surprised if these are the best Tmac and Penny cards we get all year. Neither are "must haves" for me but they're not bad cards. But pretty disappointed with the badges compared to the last few releases. I'm glad I did the Lockdown set for Robinson.
There is still 8 months. 2k is greedy. Don't worry, there will be pink.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2017, 01:40 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 9

They weirdly nerfed Wade's block (46) and steal (56) smh.. If they did so to keep him amethyst, they should have just lowered his open 3 (80) along with the other 3pt ratings. He was definitely not a solid or above average 3pt shooter in 12-13. Nerfing his block and steal ratings takes a lot of the fun out of using a Wade card. His two-way playmaking is what made him so exciting to watch and play as in video games. The inconsistency that 2K displays in rating players every year is baffling. Wade has a 46 block, but T-Mac (as a Rocket)has an 81??? Also how does he only have 3 badges?? The version used with the classic team had many more smh.

Last edited by firerises; 01-17-2017 at 01:46 PM.
Old 01-17-2017, 01:45 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by firerises
They weirdly nerfed Wade's block (46) and steak (56) smh.. If they did so to keep him amethyst, they should have just lowered his open 3 (80) along with the other 3pt ratings. He was definitely not a solid or above average 3pt shooter in 12-13. Nerfing his block and steal ratings takes a lot of the fun out of using a Wade card. His two-way playmaking is what made him so exciting to watch and play as in video games. The inconsistency that 2K displays in rating players every year is baffling. Wade has a 46 block, but T-Mac (as a Rocket)has an 81??? Also how does he only have 3 badges?? The version used with the classic team had many more smh.
I thought it was just bad before (mainly for the historics) because 2k didn't watch must bastketball and didn't have anyone working there who knew about historic players.

This year they have shown that they just dgaf about MyTeam ratings.
Old 01-17-2017, 01:55 PM   #8
Pro

The way they go about giving Hof badges is baffling, like how not one player other than pippen get one but in the lockdown theme like 5 players get multiple Hof badges.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »