Home

Madden Needs Consistency.

This is a discussion on Madden Needs Consistency. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2017, 10:03 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Madden Needs Consistency.

https://youtu.be/O7xQTx6p0pg

I'm not self promoting, but I just got through with a game and made this video Breaking down some plays and gave my thoughts on a few ways the game needs to improve through consistency.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2017, 11:50 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden Needs Consistency.

The NFL is highly inconsistent. People just look at the season averages and try to get every single Madden game to mimic those averages. When truth is a HB may average 1.8 yards per carry 1 game, and 10.2 the next. A team may have 229 total offense 1 game and 505 in another. You have to play multiple games and then average those ups. You can't just play 1 game and make slider adjustments every quarter.

If people expect Madden to do the same thing over and over again and be consistent, then it wouldn't be sim, it would be arcade. The only gripe I have with Madden is the pass coverage mechanics and lack of control among settings, coaches, and other things. Like I wish they'd bring back the Run/Pass % and HB1/HB2 % sliders within the coaching scheme section. I wish they gave us an injury slider per injury. I wish we could have substitutions per situation instead of formation, because that's much more realistic. I wish we could hire positional coaches that have different perks and downsides. Like an TE coach that specializes in route running which gives TE's route running boosts in game but the coach has little to no experience in the league, so the TE's awareness drops a few points.
Old 01-21-2017, 07:43 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splice
I wish they'd bring back the Run/Pass % and HB1/HB2 % sliders within the coaching scheme section. I wish they gave us an injury slider per injury. I wish we could have substitutions per situation instead of formation, because that's much more realistic. I wish we could hire positional coaches that have different perks and downsides. Like an TE coach that specializes in route running which gives TE's route running boosts in game but the coach has little to no experience in the league, so the TE's awareness drops a few points.
Do yourself a solid and get an original xbox/ps2 madden(08 to 12) and create your own alternate universe NFL. If you're really about that life get NCAA of the corresponding year. Your social life will suffer though.
Old 01-21-2017, 07:58 AM   #4
MVP

Good stuff. Players need to play to their ratings. Defensive backs especially seem to all play the same. If I sink 12 million into a star safety I should see that on the fiield more.
Old 01-21-2017, 08:24 AM   #5
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

How inconsistent the game can be is for me, one the big reasons i still play often.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2017, 09:00 AM   #6
Rookie

KingKO92's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle81
https://youtu.be/O7xQTx6p0pg

I'm not self promoting, but I just got through with a game and made this video Breaking down some plays and gave my thoughts on a few ways the game needs to improve through consistency.
What you are looking for is perfection. If it was perfection by the offense and defense, I wouldn't get the game. It would be realistic. By the way, the rating for jams by the DB is his press rating and the receiver's release.

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-21-2017, 10:22 AM   #7
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Last madden hb1/hb2 worked was madden 05

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Old 01-21-2017, 11:17 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
Last madden hb1/hb2 worked was madden 05

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
I remember having that on Xbox and Joey Galloway was my favorite receiver. Me and my Brother would always do fantasy draft franchises and I'd pick him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »