Home

Are secondary archetypes the way to go in 2k18?

This is a discussion on Are secondary archetypes the way to go in 2k18? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2017, 12:04 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Are secondary archetypes the way to go in 2k18?

A secondary archetypes next year to see even more versatility and unique player combinations would be nice. I think they can go 2 ways. The first would be you can pick whatever primary archetype and your secondary will get around a 30% boost to it's caps. For example a Dirk type who can post up and score from 3. You get HOF post up scorer badges, 3-5 extra caps to your mid and 3pt as well as silver shooting badges. The secondary archetype could also be optional maybe to keep things more balanced and the cost could just be HOF badges.

The second way is combining the old set up with the current one. So you can be an inside post scorer, an outside post scorer or a balanced post scorer.

What do you guys want to see with the archetype system?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2017, 12:18 PM   #2
Pro

Vroman's Arena

Re: Are secondary archetypes the way to go in 2k18?

Would be completely broken if implemented with current level of power in HoF badges.
First of all they need to fix some attribute mechanics. Moving shot should be 0.xx multiplier to the standing shot, equivalently "speed with ball" should be 0.xx multiplier to the running speed . Now it really doesn't make sense on how u can make player to be able to hit moving shot much better than standing one or a slow player that run like jet while dribbling.

Another important thing is more logical attribute/badge distribution among positions and archetypes. Stretch big with hof limitless range make no sense, so is LDD pg with really crappy ball control/passing attributes. Ideally archetype's attribute caps varies between pg-sg-sf-pf-c positions .

Lastly badges just give too much power in general. I'd much prefer we had more attributes and just minor boosts from badges.

I'd much prefer we would have current sytem cleaned up rather than adding another layer of complexity that would very likely add more noob traps and overpowered combinations in player creation .

Last edited by Vroman; 01-23-2017 at 12:24 PM.
Old 01-23-2017, 12:32 PM   #3
Rookie

IamAdderlyn's Arena

They should delete the archetypes next year, the whole thing is so limiting. Guys like Jordan, Kobe, LeBron, great all-round players not just good shooters from three, or just good dunkers, etc. I get what you're saying and if they insist with archetypes thing then I agree with you. But I hope they get rid of it next year.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 01-23-2017, 12:41 PM   #4
Pro

Vroman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAdderlyn
They should delete the archetypes next year, the whole thing is so limiting. Guys like Jordan, Kobe, LeBron, great all-round players not just good shooters from three, or just good dunkers, etc. I get what you're saying and if they insist with archetypes thing then I agree with you. But I hope they get rid of it next year.

You are not these guys , you are you. And i like such concept . Not like you cant dominate in "non archetype" areas anyway if u know what you doing.
Old 01-23-2017, 12:56 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAdderlyn

Play Point Forward. I feel like I can do anything any other position can do in the park. Hit deep open 3's, defend every position, crazy dunks, rebound with the bigs, dribble, pinpoint pass and my speed is up there too. I like how the archetypes limit you from playing Kobe and Jordan over and over every game in the park
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2017, 01:15 PM   #6
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

or....here me out on thi.... we go back to the old ways of mycareer and completely get rid of archetype and package types and allow us to upgrade each attribute individually.

i know its wild..but it might just work
Old 01-23-2017, 01:23 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
or....here me out on thi.... we go back to the old ways of mycareer and completely get rid of archetype and package types and allow us to upgrade each attribute individually.

i know its wild..but it might just work
So everybody can just max out their stats? Have 7'3 big men with Kyrie handles and Zach Levine bounce huh? Yeah sounds fun
Old 01-23-2017, 01:43 PM   #8
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

I don't see what was so bad about how it was in 2k16. If you put in the time and the effort, you should be able to max out more than one category. Like my 7'3" center had maxed out layups and dunks, defense, and rebounding. He was a beast but it's not like it was an easy thing to achieve. It still requires a lot of hard work and grinding.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »