Home

Am I the Only One Who Thinks This?

This is a discussion on Am I the Only One Who Thinks This? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2017, 09:53 AM   #1
MVP

EZMADDEN's Arena

OVR: 0
Am I the Only One Who Thinks This?

NBA 2K17's gameplay is AWFUL! I enjoy almost every part of the game except playing it! Shouldn't that be the part you look forward too? Something about some of the animations and the situations they're triggered is such an eyesore! It's hard for me to play it and feel like I'm in a virtual reality. When I play it I almost cringe at some of the stuff that happens on the court. Something needs to change with 2K's gameplay. Animations do not flow together like they used to. The transitions from one animation to another are disgusting! They are not natural. Everything seems so scripted too. I know it's a video game so that is pretty much the case. But what I mean is that nothing seems dynamic! It seems like I'm just looking at the same thing happening over and over again! Everything is so animation based that there is a serious lack of physics in the game. I hate being able to predict the outcome of a play because the same animations are triggered every single time I try to perform a different action. Not to mention the lack of control you have of the user controlled players. These are only a few of my issues with gameplay. The list could go on and on.

Sorry for the rant but I had to get that off my chest. Let me know what you guys think about the gameplay.

Last edited by EZMADDEN; 01-26-2017 at 10:14 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2017, 10:17 AM   #2
Banned

Re: Am I the Only One Who Thinks This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMADDEN
NBA 2K17's gameplay is AWFUL! I enjoy almost every part of the game except playing it! Shouldn't that be the part you look forward too? Something about some of the animations and the situations they're triggered is such an eyesore! It's hard for me to play it and feel like I'm in a virtual reality. When I play it I almost cringe at some of the stuff that happens on the court. Something needs to change with 2K's gameplay. Animations do not flow together like they used to. The transitions from one animation to another are disgusting! They are not natural. Everything seems so scripted too. I know it's a video game so that is pretty much the case. But what I mean is that nothing seems dynamic! It seems like I'm just looking at the same thing happening over and over again! Everything is so animation based that there is a serious lack of physics in the game. I hate being able to predict the outcome of a play because the same animations are triggered every single time I try to perform a different action. Not to mention the lack of control you have of the user controlled players. These are only a few of my issues with gameplay. The list could go on and on.

Sorry for the rant but I had to get that off my chest. Let me know what you guys think about the gameplay.
if you messed with the sliders as much as you complained you'd probably be on to something
Old 01-26-2017, 10:20 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 1

Tl;dr

But just don't play then

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 01-26-2017, 10:27 AM   #4
MVP

EZMADDEN's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusgrant
if you messed with the sliders as much as you complained you'd probably be on to something

Not sure why you have to be like that. But regardless, I have tweaked sliders for 2K17 for a stupid amount of hours! But the sliders aren't going to fix the animation only based gameplay! Tweaking sliders can only do so much. It can't improve the lack of physics in the game or even fix the issues with defense! You can put all the defensive sliders at 100 and the AI still can't play help defense! Also I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've posted a rant in the section of the forums. So I'm not sure what you're getting at with your statement.
Old 01-26-2017, 11:37 AM   #5
Pro

sudanmalkovich's Arena

Michael Jackson - You are not alone (1995)

Last edited by sudanmalkovich; 01-26-2017 at 01:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2017, 02:17 PM   #6
Pro

caseyj622's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMADDEN
Not sure why you have to be like that. But regardless, I have tweaked sliders for 2K17 for a stupid amount of hours! But the sliders aren't going to fix the animation only based gameplay! Tweaking sliders can only do so much. It can't improve the lack of physics in the game or even fix the issues with defense! You can put all the defensive sliders at 100 and the AI still can't play help defense! Also I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've posted a rant in the section of the forums. So I'm not sure what you're getting at with your statement.
Go back to 2k16. It feels a lot better to me.
Old 01-26-2017, 02:27 PM   #7
MVP

EZMADDEN's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyj622
Go back to 2k16. It feels a lot better to me.

I've thought about it. You know of any up to date rosters on 2K16's 2K share?
Old 01-26-2017, 02:27 PM   #8
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

I disagree. The on court gameplay is the best of the series so far for me. Only issues I have now is the unstealable rocket passes into the paint for a quick score. No amout of slider editing fixes this; ive tried everything. Also, the dribbling. Im not a stick jock anymore, give me the option at least for the old dribbling mechanic with the moves chained together in rhythm already. But that's it for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »