Home

Recruiting Question

This is a discussion on Recruiting Question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2017, 07:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Recruiting Question

I was recruit t a CB from Louisiana, for the first five weeks my Sooners were number one. UCLA number two. I was between 1000-1200 points ahead. Week 6 all of a sudden I am loceked out. Strange since I was the only offer this guy had. I look at the pitches and play style went from B to a D+. I use a custom made 4-3 that is multiple. For weeks 6-13 I am still number one but locked out. By the way his other pitches were academics which OU was a B- and pro potential which I was a A+. Week 14 the Rajen Cagens offer and gain 900 points. My play style and theirs were identical. Week 14 my play style pitch goes to a C+. Weeks 6-14 I change my D play styles and I still can't get unlocked. He ended up going to "LA Tech. Anyone know how to keep
this from happening in the future?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2017, 08:09 PM   #2
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Recruiting Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings95
I was recruit t a CB from Louisiana, for the first five weeks my Sooners were number one. UCLA number two. I was between 1000-1200 points ahead. Week 6 all of a sudden I am loceked out. Strange since I was the only offer this guy had. I look at the pitches and play style went from B to a D+. I use a custom made 4-3 that is multiple. For weeks 6-13 I am still number one but locked out. By the way his other pitches were academics which OU was a B- and pro potential which I was a A+. Week 14 the Rajen Cagens offer and gain 900 points. My play style and theirs were identical. Week 14 my play style pitch goes to a C+. Weeks 6-14 I change my D play styles and I still can't get unlocked. He ended up going to "LA Tech. Anyone know how to keep
this from happening in the future?
First I'll tell you why it happened.
Second I'll tell you how you can try to legitimately fix it.
Third I'll tell you how you can cheat the game to "fix" it. I highly recommend that you don't do this as it's cheap as hell, but it's your game so why should I care how you play it?

1. Play style has nothing to do with your playbook. It's all about stats. IE. a scrambler QB only cares about QB rushing yards, a pocket passer only cares about QB passing yards, and a balanced QB cares about the sum of both.

For your corner example, it's based on his type. Coverage guys only care about CB INTs, I believe hard hitters care about CB tackles (I'm not 100% sure on this), and balanced CBs care about the sum of both.

You can find out who wants what under the team pitches screen (or whatever it's called); the one that lists all of your school's pitches (IE. academic prestige, pro potential, etc). It tells you what stats you need for each type of player.

2. To fix this legitimately, get more of the stats you need. If it was a coverage CB, then get more picks by CBs. If it was a hard hitter, get more tackles (or whatever it is). etc.

Spoiler
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 02-06-2017, 08:16 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
First I'll tell you why it happened.
Second I'll tell you how you can try to legitimately fix it.
Third I'll tell you how you can cheat the game to "fix" it. I highly recommend that you don't do this as it's cheap as hell, but it's your game so why should I care how you play it?

1. Play style has nothing to do with your playbook. It's all about stats. IE. a scrambler QB only cares about QB rushing yards, a pocket passer only cares about QB passing yards, and a balanced QB cares about the sum of both.

For your corner example, it's based on his type. Coverage guys only care about CB INTs, I believe hard hitters care about CB tackles (I'm not 100% sure on this), and balanced CBs care about the sum of both.

You can find out who wants what under the team pitches screen (or whatever it's called); the one that lists all of your school's pitches (IE. academic prestige, pro potential, etc). It tells you what stats you need for each type of player.

2. To fix this legitimately, get more of the stats you need. If it was a coverage CB, then get more picks by CBs. If it was a hard hitter, get more tackles (or whatever it is). etc.

Spoiler
Thanks. Will try and get better stats. If play style does not matter than why have it as a pitch.
Old 02-06-2017, 10:17 PM   #4
Rookie

FarFromEer's Arena

OVR: 0

Also to clarify, the recruit has "playing style" as a deal breaker, doesn't he. That's why you are locked out. That's the bigger issue here. He wants to know that his style of play fits your scheme. You wouldn't see a pocket passer ever interested in going to Georgia Tech to run the triple option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-07-2017, 07:28 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfeenathan
Also to clarify, the recruit has "playing style" as a deal breaker, doesn't he. That's why you are locked out. That's the bigger issue here. He wants to know that his style of play fits your scheme. You wouldn't see a pocket passer ever interested in going to Georgia Tech to run the triple option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes I forgot to add the deal breaker part. I just found it odd that I started as B- and than went do a D than back to an C+
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2017, 11:04 AM   #6
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Thanks. Will try and get better stats. If play style does not matter than why have it as a pitch.
If you're referring to this:
Quote:
Play style has nothing to do with your playbook. It's all about stats.
I said that your playbook doesn't matter for play style and it makes total sense. Let's use QBs as an example again. Just because you run the flexbone, that doesn't mean that you will run with your QB. Maybe you pass the ball a lot. Maybe you almost always give it to your A and B backs. A scrambling QB that cares about playing style wants to get to run the ball a lot. If you rarely let him do that, then he's not interested in your playing style.

I think you're getting hung up on equating "playing style" with "playbook style." Every playbook has runs and passes in it. You can always choose to call tons of passing plays in option playbooks or scramble all the time with an air raid playbook. On top of that, maybe you just suck at it. That pocket passing recruit wants to go to a school where he can pass for a lot of yards. If your program throws a lot, but just sucks at it and isn't very effective, why would he want to go there?
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 02-07-2017, 12:37 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
If you're referring to this:
I said that your playbook doesn't matter for play style and it makes total sense. Let's use QBs as an example again. Just because you run the flexbone, that doesn't mean that you will run with your QB. Maybe you pass the ball a lot. Maybe you almost always give it to your A and B backs. A scrambling QB that cares about playing style wants to get to run the ball a lot. If you rarely let him do that, then he's not interested in your playing style.

I think you're getting hung up on equating "playing style" with "playbook style." Every playbook has runs and passes in it. You can always choose to call tons of passing plays in option playbooks or scramble all the time with an air raid playbook. On top of that, maybe you just suck at it. That pocket passing recruit wants to go to a school where he can pass for a lot of yards. If your program throws a lot, but just sucks at it and isn't very effective, why would he want to go there?
I understand that. My thing was that it started out in the B's than went to a D+ than up to a C+. I think it is the stats thing. Same season I also was home team but Texas had recruits visit also in the same week while playing them. Two of the three that visited UT in week 10 committed to them even though I was the home team. Never saw that before.
Old 02-07-2017, 01:00 PM   #8
Rookie

rollinphat's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Same season I also was home team but Texas had recruits visit also in the same week while playing them. Two of the three that visited UT in week 10 committed to them even though I was the home team. Never saw that before.
it was a neutral site game wasn't it?
the game doesn't care who the home team is for them as both teams can invite recruits to it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »