Home

A New Beginning: Gonzaga Football Dynasty

This is a discussion on A New Beginning: Gonzaga Football Dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2017, 08:38 PM   #1
Rookie

bryceisdabest's Arena

OVR: 0

Roster: VikesFan059's Roster
Sliders: Custom
Console: PS3
Difficulty: Heisman
Quarter Length: 8 Min.

I would like to start this dynasty off with a quick statement. I have tried dynasties in the past, most recently, a Maryland dynasty. For some reason, I have gotten busy for a couple days, then I give up on it or forget about them. I feel like this is a chance for me to for once have fun with a dynasty. A key for me in this dynasty will be pacing myself, and not trying to post too often. I have always wanted to make a long, entertaining dynasty, but have never been able to. I hope this will be a new start for me, and hopefully, you will enjoy the ride.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2017, 08:38 PM   #2
Rookie

bryceisdabest's Arena

Re: A New Beginning: Gonzaga Football Dynasty

Team History
Old 02-08-2017, 08:40 PM   #3
Rookie

bryceisdabest's Arena

Yearly History
Old 02-08-2017, 08:41 PM   #4
Rookie

bryceisdabest's Arena

Team Records

Last edited by bryceisdabest; 02-10-2017 at 03:05 PM.
Old 02-08-2017, 08:42 PM   #5
Rookie

bryceisdabest's Arena

Post away. I will have some interesting things out tonight in terms of previews for the season. I am excited for this journey, and hope others will be, too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2017, 09:21 PM   #6
Rookie

bryceisdabest's Arena

Gonzaga Hires Former NFL QB Jeff Garcia as New Head Coach After Recently Reinstating Football Program

Spokane, WA- Today, in a pretty shocking turn of events, Gonzaga has hired former NFL QB Jeff Garcia to take over as their head coach. Just a week ago, Gonzaga announced that in 2016, they were going to reinstate their football program. Gonzaga has not had a football team since 1941, in which it was shut down during World War II, and it never came back. Garcia is an interesting hire for the Zags. He is coming off of recently being let go from the Rams, where he was an offensive assistant. Despite the credentials for coaching not being there, Garcia has consistently shown one thing, his desire to coach and lead a team. Gonzaga is going to be a team with a lot of budding personalities and not a lot of chemistry, so they need someone that knows how to lead a locker room. One dynamic in this coaching search to think about is the fact that Gonzaga had not been able to find many candidates for this job. They interviewed guys such as Matt Hasselbeck, Randall Cunningham, and Eric Morris of Texas Tech, but what caught Gonzaga's AD's attention from Garcia was his passion for this job. Ultimately, that is probably what won Garcia the job in the end, and despite the critics that he has already gotten, it seems like Garcia is ready to do what it takes to be a successful head coach.

Key Quotes

JG: "One of the things that attracted me to this job was the opportunity to impact the lives of young men, and to try to build a program here at Gonzaga. It might be a challenge, but I am ready to build a powerhouse here in Spokane"

AD: "Jeff showed in his two interviews that he wanted this job, and that is what we were looking for. He has the playing experience, and we believe he has what it takes to lead a team."

JG: "I'll admit I've been looking to coach in the NFL, but I have to start somewhere, and this is an opportunity I could not pass up on. I am ready to get in and figure out how we are going to build this team."

JG:"Learning will be a key to this experience for me. I will have to learn quickly, and often if I want to be successful, but I am willing to do that. One thing I believe I have that takes time to learn is leadership. Leading a team as a coach is key, and trust me, our team will be led well."
Old 02-08-2017, 09:46 PM   #7
Rookie

bryceisdabest's Arena

Gonzaga Guard Bryan Alberts Quits Basketball to Join Football Team

"A lot has gone through my mind in making this decision, but I have decided to join the football team. Thanks to coach Few and the boys, but I want to start a new journey" Bryan Alberts said on twitter Thursday. Coach Garcia has also confirmed to reporters that Alberts is joining the team for the 2016 season, "We are glad to have Bryan on the team, and we know his size can help us out exponentially. I have talked with coach Few, and from what he told me, we are getting a great young kid." This has continued the theme of shocking news that we have been getting out of Gonzaga's new football team. From their reinstatement, to the hiring of Jeff Garcia, to this news. At 6'5" 198 LBs, Bryan Alberts projects to likely be a WR for the Zags. He has a nice balance of size, speed, and quickness, which should benefit him on the gridiron. After averaging 2.6 PPG in his freshman season, this seems to be like a good decision for Alberts. With a star in Nigel Williams-Goss coming into Gonzaga, Alberts was probably going to get less playing time. Expect him to play a lot in his first year, as Gonzaga will not be able to get too much talent from transfers.
Old 02-08-2017, 11:40 PM   #8
Rookie

bryceisdabest's Arena

Gonzaga Season Preview

Depth Chart

Schedule

@ Washington St
vs UNLV
@ #14 Washington
vs Arizona
@ Mississippi St
vs Colorado St
vs Hawai'i
@ Arizona St
@ Central Michigan
vs Boise St
@ South Alabama
vs Nevada

Top Targets

Top 25

NCAA Football Rankings - AP Top 25 - Updated: Aug 26, 2016
RKLWTEAM (VOTES)WLPOINTS
1-Alabama00
2-Clemson00
3-Oklahoma00
4-Florida St00
5-LSU00
6-Ohio St00
7-Michigan00
8-Stanford00
9-Tennessee00
10-Notre Dame00
11-Ole Miss00
12-Michigan St00
13-TCU00
14-Washington00
15-Houston00
16-UCLA00
17-Iowa00
18-Georgia00
19-Louisville00
20-USC00
21-Oklahoma State00
22-North Carolina00
23-Baylor 00
24-Oregon00
25-Florida00

Last edited by bryceisdabest; 02-08-2017 at 11:43 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »