Home

Penetration/Drive and stop Penetration/ stop penetration rating

This is a discussion on Penetration/Drive and stop Penetration/ stop penetration rating within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2017, 08:58 AM   #1
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5
Penetration/Drive and stop Penetration/ stop penetration rating

It has been discussed at length about how poor slow defenders like Enes Kanter can stick with Kyrie Irving off the dribble in 2k17. I personally think that is a player movement issue, and i doubt 2k removes the speed boost defensive animations from the game. Which I believe is the cause of the "Stickiness" of the on ball defense this year.

Thus, wouldnt it be easier just to add a drive and stop drive rating? That way players with low stop drive ratings would be subject to the blow by animation when guarding high drive rated offensive players. This would also open up the mid range pull up game since you would be forced to give ballhandlers more space for fear of being blown by?

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2017, 08:19 PM   #2
Rookie

dooney_30's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Penetration/Drive and stop Penetration/ stop penetration rating

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
It has been discussed at length about how poor slow defenders like Enes Kanter can stick with Kyrie Irving off the dribble in 2k17. I personally think that is a player movement issue, and i doubt 2k removes the speed boost defensive animations from the game. Which I believe is the cause of the "Stickiness" of the on ball defense this year.

Thus, wouldnt it be easier just to add a drive and stop drive rating? That way players with low stop drive ratings would be subject to the blow by animation when guarding high drive rated offensive players. This would also open up the mid range pull up game since you would be forced to give ballhandlers more space for fear of being blown by?
I 100% agree with this. this should eliminate the need for a body-up sensitivity slider. A patch is needed for more hip-riding animations. The CPU stay squared up the whole while trying to get around them. In that situation a hip-riding should occur, thats if ive beaten my man and have an angle to take advantage of.

NBA - Pelicans
NFL - Browns
NHL - Capitals
MLB - Yankees
NCAAF - Seminoles
Old 02-18-2017, 08:37 AM   #3
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

If they improved that aspect they also need to improve the defensive rotations wich are in my opinion pretty bad. The hedges and one on one defense is so strong on the perimeter to cover up for it.
Old 02-18-2017, 08:58 AM   #4
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
If they improved that aspect they also need to improve the defensive rotations wich are in my opinion pretty bad. The hedges and one on one defense is so strong on the perimeter to cover up for it.
That seems to be the consensus here. If they just added options for us to decide which defender comes to help, the rotations would be fine. Right now we can decide which offensive player to send help to, but we really need to option to preset which defensive players we want to help with.

Basically let us control our own defensive rotations.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »