Home

What was the thought process behind making your AI team mates so foul-prone this year?

This is a discussion on What was the thought process behind making your AI team mates so foul-prone this year? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2017, 02:26 PM   #1
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
What was the thought process behind making your AI team mates so foul-prone this year?

Disclaimer: This is from a PNO perspective...not sure how many of you re seeing this in other modes...

What was the thought process behind making your AiI team mates so foul-prone?

Is it suppose to discourage off ball play or something?

I'm an on ball player exclusively and I can't count the number of times the CPU has gotten whistled for an ill advised reach in or just took it upon them selves to jump on a guys back when I'm standing there with my hands up. A lot if times they'll lock into a tow man foul animation before I can even switch to the help defender...

Anyone else bothered by this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2017, 06:12 PM   #2
Rookie

AshamanCarnage's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: What was the thought process behind making your AI team mates so foul-prone this

It seems like it's across most modes from what I've seen. It's extremely irritating as it helps keep teams close and extends the game for no real reason.
Old 02-25-2017, 06:26 PM   #3
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: What was the thought process behind making your AI team mates so foul-prone this

Yeah it seems like teammates were foul prone in lots of modes. Those hard foul animations were often triggered, and often there was no need as a very good defender was defending someone who was not likely to score.
Old 02-25-2017, 06:55 PM   #4
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

OVR: 0

I actually thought they improved on it compared to last year.

Last year was just frustrating dealing with the pump fake spamming and your CPU defender's inability to stand their ground and not bite. Another aspect I disliked was the fact that they also forced your player to jump on pump fakes even when you were just using the right stick hands up button.

That was very annoying last year and since they removed it, I guess the fouling doesn't bother me as much.

The only thing that really gets to me this year is that strip animation that's an automatic foul. That really needs to be removed next year. No reason to force me into a strip animation when I'm not pressing the steal button.
Old 02-26-2017, 02:58 AM   #5
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25

I think it's a bit of a purposeful game balance mechanic. In my MyLeague playthrough, the game will tend to call fouls depending on which team is losing. If the CPU goes into the 2nd QTR with a large deficit, they'll start feeding the ball down low excessively, and there will be a shooting foul called ever other possession or so. While the player will barely get to the line at all, even when legit tackled in midair by opposing centers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2017, 09:44 AM   #6
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Still trying to figure out what the thought process was behind anything in the game this year...
Old 02-27-2017, 10:06 AM   #7
Pro

sudanmalkovich's Arena

I'm afraid they're now going through the exact same process for 2k18...

Last edited by sudanmalkovich; 02-27-2017 at 12:14 PM.
Old 02-27-2017, 01:17 PM   #8
MVP

bateman11's Arena

OVR: 14

As JWill stated, I think it's the game's way of balancing things out, so to speak.

But 24 I completely get where you're coming from and I'm an offline only player. It's pretty irritating in certain cases. It makes things feel scripted in a sense. It feels like your CPU teammates are trying to throw the game at times, lol.

The reach ins and rugby tackles are a bit ridiculous as most of the time they are completely unwarranted.

But I think the biggest issue stems from the game being so animation-heavy.

Another thing-since the game is so animation heavy these days, perhaps it's going to take a while for the game's AI to learn how to use them properly.

Honestly, this is possibly the most bizarre game NBA 2k has released since I can remember. VC is cool and all for those who bring home the checks, but the rest of us suffer a major loss. There is much less incentive to produce a great product and by 2017 it is crystal clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »