Home

Attribute Drops in practice and random games.

This is a discussion on Attribute Drops in practice and random games. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2017, 02:36 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Attribute Drops in practice and random games.

Anyone notice how in MyLeague a player can have let's say 79 on handles but then in practice and in games it'll drop to 75? Then there are games where attributes jump up 4 for the whole game? It's not floor general or being hot though.

There was a whole game where TMac's Ball Control was over 85 and was able to speed boost. In that same game I had 2 players who have 85 on Ball Control normally and 1 had an 81 and the other had an 85. Next game everybody except 1 player was under 85.

This is also my first online league. Am I late on this, is this news to you or am I missing something?

Peace

At cheese, I'm trash. At basketball, I'm great!

NCAAMadnet
BadGuy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2017, 07:15 PM   #2
Banned

HUSTLER_79's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Attribute Drops in practice and random games.

Also encountered this but mostly the overall rating will fluctuate instead of specific attributes .

Mygm with the wizards i have oubre going from 69 overall to 72....i dont know what triggers it ..canr find the underlying factor for these changes .

I would love to know tho
Old 03-02-2017, 10:24 PM   #3
Rookie

PleadtheFoe5th's Arena

Chemistry?(win streaks goes up, frequent trades and poor play...goes down)
Online daily
Plan to compete in EVERY 2k tournament & join league
If interested in a tryout or have any questions lmk
Old 03-03-2017, 09:06 AM   #4
Rookie

mongo13clikke's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUSTLER_79
Also encountered this but mostly the overall rating will fluctuate instead of specific attributes .

Mygm with the wizards i have oubre going from 69 overall to 72....i dont know what triggers it ..canr find the underlying factor for these changes .

I would love to know tho
Its the Hot & Cold system 2k has since 2k16 (or 15?). It makes players go hot or cold into a game increasing or dropping their attributes and ovr. Depending on how much effect you let your morale & chemistry sliders have players can drop up to 6 ovr which makes it really really hard to play with bad teams.

To be honest, I never understood why and especially HOW it was implemented. I understand that 2k somehow wants to simulate that players have hot and cold streaks during a season but fact is, at least from what I have observed, its totally random which players are hot or cold before a game. And because of this it sucks imo...

Maybe someone who took a closer look into which and when players are hot & cold can give some insight...
Old 03-03-2017, 09:04 PM   #5
Rookie

https://youtu.be/tsSLprzpiBI

This a video of what I meant. I started a league from scratch then signed players with High Ball Control attributes. Entering the practice gym the attributes fluctuated. One person was even injured or cold for no reason at all. He was injured or cold for less than 5 second in an empty practice gym.

Next I went back to the menus and the attributes switched again. Remember this is a BRAND NEW LEAGUE with everyones record at 0-0. I started the game and they switched again with only 1 person above 85 Ball Handling where there should've been 3.

Next I simmed the game and went back to the menus.The numbers switched again.

Look at Parker's, Gino's, Miller's, Thomas' and Gregory's Ball handling attributes each time.

NCAAMadnet
BadGuy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2017, 11:28 PM   #6
Rookie

PleadtheFoe5th's Arena

Team chemistry/morale
Online daily
Plan to compete in EVERY 2k tournament & join league
If interested in a tryout or have any questions lmk
Old 03-04-2017, 10:26 AM   #7
Rookie

Moral and chemistry wouldnt change 5 times in one day though.

Roster stats
Practice stats
After Practice stats
Game stats
After game stats

All in ONE Day within the same 15 minutes. That's not normal but I don't know why.

This is an online league and there arent any moral/chemistry options like in MyGm and if there were you would see the red or green arrow showing you which attributes moved and which way. At 7:15 -7:22 in the video you can see Kyle Anderson with said arrows for less than five seconds before it disappears. Now if there were arrows showing a 2 to 5 point swing in attributes I would assume it was a hot, cold, chemistry or moral issues.

Remember this happened in one game day with the records all at 0-0 . Try it out and see if it varies for you guys.

I also would like to say thank you for even responding and trying to help me out. A lot of times I will get no help at all or people say something along the lines of ,"you a bumb" or "learn how to play the game".

I've been a dedicated hoops gamer since atari 2600 , Double Drible, La vs Celts, Live 95, 2k and on (My Landmarks). I may have owned every basketball game ever except for Shaq Fu, Rap Allstar Jam and Live 07-current.

Peace

NCAAMadnet
BadGuy
Old 03-07-2017, 12:22 PM   #8
Rookie

2k Support told me that it is part of the magic of the game for gamers to figure issues on there own.

I can't make this up.

NCAAMadnet
BadGuy

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »