Home

Vids of Retro Mode at PAX

This is a discussion on Vids of Retro Mode at PAX within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2017, 10:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Vids of Retro Mode at PAX

Filmed horribly and for only seconds at a time. Almost annoying to watch, but desperate for any footage I suppose:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AmTq5ul2e4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td0tiDYFP7w

Last edited by WhiteM5; 03-13-2017 at 01:32 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2017, 11:21 PM   #2
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Vids of Retro Mode at PAX

Tanaka's new delivery looks a lot better

Old 03-13-2017, 01:01 AM   #3
All Star

OVR: 2

I was at Pax and played a full game. It was fun. The hitting and pitching def feel like an old school RBI or Bases Loaded game. 3 pitch speeds, move it in and out. One button to swing one to bunt. Check swings are in.

When you hit start to make a substitution even the menus look old school which is great. Once the ball is hit the fielders seem to move like they would in the regular game. Throwing is X and towards the base.

Game lasted about 20 minutes which was great. I honestly can't seem myself playing this Online a lot. But if you have a couple friends over it will be awesome. Way better than having to wait 60 min for your turn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-13-2017, 01:32 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
I was at Pax and played a full game. It was fun. The hitting and pitching def feel like an old school RBI or Bases Loaded game. 3 pitch speeds, move it in and out. One button to swing one to bunt. Check swings are in.

When you hit start to make a substitution even the menus look old school which is great. Once the ball is hit the fielders seem to move like they would in the regular game. Throwing is X and towards the base.

Game lasted about 20 minutes which was great. I honestly can't seem myself playing this Online a lot. But if you have a couple friends over it will be awesome. Way better than having to wait 60 min for your turn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I assume this mode is just one game and done? Or is there any kind of stat tracking or season? or could you tell cause it was a demo?
Old 03-13-2017, 01:49 AM   #5
MVP

og236's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteM5
I assume this mode is just one game and done? Or is there any kind of stat tracking or season? or could you tell cause it was a demo?

Only available to play couch co-op via Ramone Russell

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2017, 03:31 AM   #6
E=MC(2)

Mitchrapp's Arena

Retro is going to be awesome. I never been to Pax before and I don't think I'll ever get to one, way too packed for me.

Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Tigers
Michigan Football

I didn't mean to hit the umpire with the dirt, but I did mean to hit that bastard in the stands. -- Babe Ruth

Trying to sneak a pitch past Hank Aaron is like trying to sneak the sunrise past a rooster. -- Joe Adcock
Old 03-13-2017, 07:06 AM   #7
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

I was actually just as interested in what was on the next TV over in the first vid (GT Sport).
Old 03-13-2017, 09:02 AM   #8
All Star

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchrapp
Retro is going to be awesome. I never been to Pax before and I don't think I'll ever get to one, way too packed for me.

Unless you like REALLY hate crowds it's not that bad in Boston. Sure you can get stuck waiting on a big 2-3 hour line for some of the biggest stuff but MS/Sony/Nintendo always have areas set up like the one you saw in the video. Area with a couple dozen gaming stations with 10 or so games. Usually a mix of recently released and unreleased stuff. Those areas you just go stand behind what you want to play and wait your turn. Takes 10 min at the most. Same with the Indie game area which is huge. Friday we played 3 games cause we waited on a lot of lines. Saturday I think we played around 20 because we stayed away from the major games displays. All depends how you wanna tackle it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »