Home

MLB The Show 17 Franchise Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Franchise Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2017, 12:37 PM   #1
Rookie

MoneyMan17's Arena

OVR: 0

Didn't see this thread for 17 yet so thought I'd get it started with less than 2 weeks to go.

Talk about anything including which team(s) you'll be running with, what you plan to do with them (compete/rebuild/wait and see), how you plan to play (play 162, sim half, etc.), any roster ideas like which lineups, rotations, bullpens you want to go with, and anything else!

Last edited by MoneyMan17; 03-16-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2017, 12:59 PM   #2
Rookie

MoneyMan17's Arena

Re: MLB The Show 17 Franchise Discussion Thread

I'll definitely wait until the OSFM rosters come out to start my Yankees franchise, and then quick manage spring training and play all 162. Hopefully I can get through year 1 quicker this year, since last year I was pretty much on par with the real season and have only made it halfway through year 2 as of today.

One idea I had was to do a second franchise, also Yankees, and do pretty much all sim, maybe some critical situations now, in order to get through multiple years quickly and get to really focus on turning NYY into WS champs again. That way I can take my time playing all 162 in my first franchise.

I pretty much have a good idea of my 25 man, I'm 99% set on Judge in RF everyday. However, I will be doing the same battle for the last 2 rotation spots between Mitchell, Severino, Cessa, and Green. Here's what I have set so far:

Gardner LF
Ellsbury CF
Sanchez C
Holliday DH
Bird 1B
Gregorius SS
Castro 2B
Headley 3B
Judge RF

Bench:
Romine C
Hicks OF
Carter 1B, LF, RF
Torreyes UT

Rotation:
Tanaka
Sabathia
Pineda

Bullpen:
Chapman CP
Betances 8th (SU)
Clippard 7th (SU)
Warren MRP
Shreve MRP
LRP-runner up of rotation battle

Note: I will manually put Tyler Austin on the DL to start the season

Last edited by MoneyMan17; 03-16-2017 at 01:05 PM.
Old 03-16-2017, 05:16 PM   #3
The Legend Continues

Happy29's Arena

OVR: 31

Yep definitely waiting for the OSFM Rosters and going to try and repeat with my Cubs. Wait repeat with the Cubs!!!! God I live saying that. I would Like to see more spring training stadiums make its way into the game and perhaps one day real minor league stadiums. Even if it's through DL content. I would love to play in Hank Aaron stadium with my hometown team or in the Pensacola Blue Wahoo's stadium. Off topic but if you want to see a beautiful minor league stadium that gives a great baseball atmosphere Pensacola Blue Wahoo Stadium is amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyMan17
I'll definitely wait until the OSFM rosters come out to start my Yankees franchise, and then quick manage spring training and play all 162. Hopefully I can get through year 1 quicker this year, since last year I was pretty much on par with the real season and have only made it halfway through year 2 as of today.

One idea I had was to do a second franchise, also Yankees, and do pretty much all sim, maybe some critical situations now, in order to get through multiple years quickly and get to really focus on turning NYY into WS champs again. That way I can take my time playing all 162 in my first franchise.

I pretty much have a good idea of my 25 man, I'm 99% set on Judge in RF everyday. However, I will be doing the same battle for the last 2 rotation spots between Mitchell, Severino, Cessa, and Green. Here's what I have set so far:

Gardner LF
Ellsbury CF
Sanchez C
Holliday DH
Bird 1B
Gregorius SS
Castro 2B
Headley 3B
Judge RF

Bench:
Romine C
Hicks OF
Carter 1B, LF, RF
Torreyes UT

Rotation:
Tanaka
Sabathia
Pineda

Bullpen:
Chapman CP
Betances 8th (SU)
Clippard 7th (SU)
Warren MRP
Shreve MRP
LRP-runner up of rotation battle

Note: I will manually put Tyler Austin on the DL to start the season
Old 03-16-2017, 05:31 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Got my carryover Barves franchise but I will put it on the backburner and start up a second Atlanta Franchise when the 2nd or 3rd version of OSFM hits the vault (provided Ridin does that many this year).
Gonna also start up a quick season mode with the default rosters but I havent really narrowed it down past the Mariners White Sox Orioles or Rockies, might even be a couple more candidates in there too lol
As for the OSFM 17 Braves, I will probably keep Bartolo Colon all year but I dont know if I want RA Dickey all year. I wonder if he has any value as trade bait for a decent prospect, I dunno.
But I'm looking forward to pushing Ron Acuna thru the minors as quickly as possible. Dont know if he'll make it as a September call-up, but I'm gonna ride him hard as I can and hope he's ready, otherwise it's 2018 for him. Beyond that, anything goes, with the exception of Freddie Freeman, he aint goin' nowhere.

A Work in Progress
Old 03-16-2017, 07:45 PM   #5
Rookie

baseball_fever's Arena

Question my friends....

Guys like Lindor, Syndergaard, and Baez that looked just awful last year. All three will have very improved faces in 17', but will they have their new faces in my carry over franchise?

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2017, 07:46 PM   #6
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball_fever
Question my friends....

Guys like Lindor, Syndergaard, and Baez that looked just awful last year. All three will have very improved faces in 17', but will they have their new faces in my carry over franchise?

Thanks!
As long as those guys aren't created Cap's by you then yes they will. They tag each guy with and ID.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Old 03-17-2017, 04:09 AM   #7
Rookie

Once OSFM is released I'll start mine. I like challenging rebuilds that take some time. Haven't chosen my team but I'm deciding between Baltimore, Colorado, Oakland, Angels and Arizona.

I never played ST before but with the quick manage I will be using it for sure. Should make it more fun.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-17-2017, 08:22 AM   #8
Rookie

Boling4Humor's Arena

OVR: 3

I just bought a PS4 yesterday from a family member for this game. I haven't had a PlayStation since the PS2 days. I'm looking forward to playing baseball again and using the BrewCrew.

I know they're not very good but thats my home team. And besides I'm sure I'll suck for a bit anyways.

I'm excited to see what franchise mode is like for this game. I'm also excited to experience it as a newbie.

I haven't played a baseball game since the last 2k version on the Xbox.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »