Home

Question about coaching...

This is a discussion on Question about coaching... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2017, 08:03 PM   #1
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17
Question about coaching...

I have a question that I would like some help with... I'm currently the Head Coach at Kentucky, in my 4th year and have turned them around quite nicely, running my Air Raid offense and attacking defense.

I'd like to stay at Kentucky like 10-12 years and then move on to another challenge. Right now, Texas Tech is really bad. They went 1-11 last season and their offense is 76 while their D is 73 overall. They would present a great challenge, especially going against Texas and Oklahoma every year.

I've also added Houston and BYU to the Big XII, so they now have a conference championship game. Here's my question... I don't want to just leave Kentucky and go right to Tech... I'd like a year or two off where I could sim and then take over at Tech.

Is there a way to retire and then un-retire to get back to coaching? Or any other way to do what I am wanting? If anyone has any answers I would appreciate it a lot!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2017, 10:25 AM   #2
MVP

whughes's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Question about coaching...

As far as I know, once you retire a coach he's gone for good. You can always remake him but he'll start back at level one and all coaching history etc. will be gone. If that stuff doesn't bother you I would create a new coach or coordinator at a small insignificant school and sim as far ahead as you want, and then recreate your coach at whichever school you want (Texas Tech in this instance)

I don't know anything about the editor, but you may be able to edit your coaching skills in dynasty with the editor. You'd need one of the guys who uses it to help you with that though

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

Old 03-29-2017, 07:31 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've simulated retirement and coming out of retirement by taking an OC role at another school. But you need to go to a decent school to make sure you're not losing games and lowering your prestige.
Old 03-30-2017, 12:06 AM   #4
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZN30
I've simulated retirement and coming out of retirement by taking an OC role at another school. But you need to go to a decent school to make sure you're not losing games and lowering your prestige.
Thank you for the input! I really appreciate it a lot!!!

Old 04-04-2017, 10:56 AM   #5
Rookie

falcor1234's Arena

quick question. how do you retire on here? I have urban meyer as a user coach and was wanting to have him retire so that I can take over ohio state. but I couldn't find where to have him retire. so I was going to just wait for his contract to expire and have him not resign. is there a way I can have him retire sooner?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2017, 02:59 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcor1234
quick question. how do you retire on here? I have urban meyer as a user coach and was wanting to have him retire so that I can take over ohio state. but I couldn't find where to have him retire. so I was going to just wait for his contract to expire and have him not resign. is there a way I can have him retire sooner?
Check his age. If he is less than 68 years old, edit his age to 68 at the end of the season, then sim from the end of the season to the coaching carousel to see if he'll retire. If he's coming off a good season, he might not retire and you'll have to wait till the next season. I would try this 6-7 times, if need be. If he hasn't retired, you'll likely need to wait till next season.
Old 04-06-2017, 12:52 AM   #7
Rookie

falcor1234's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZN30
Check his age. If he is less than 68 years old, edit his age to 68 at the end of the season, then sim from the end of the season to the coaching carousel to see if he'll retire. If he's coming off a good season, he might not retire and you'll have to wait till the next season. I would try this 6-7 times, if need be. If he hasn't retired, you'll likely need to wait till next season.
I have him as a user coach but cant find where to have him retire. the only thing I can think of is just not signing another contract.
Old 04-06-2017, 12:57 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcor1234
I have him as a user coach but cant find where to have him retire. the only thing I can think of is just not signing another contract.
Gotcha. Everything in my previous response still applies, only now you have to make him a CPU controlled coach. You can't retire him on your own, the CPU has to do it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »