Home

College Hoops 2017-2018 Rosters

This is a discussion on College Hoops 2017-2018 Rosters within the College Hoops 2K Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K > College Hoops 2K Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2017, 12:01 AM   #1
Rookie

Ruud2You's Arena

OVR: 0
College Hoops 2017-2018 Rosters

Going to start these rosters on Sunday with coaches. I am still trying to decide if I should start completely over (literally the original 2k8 rosters w/ player #s) or if I should use Raiders from like 11-12 as a base.

Since I have 0 idea of how to hex edit, I am afraid that if I start fresh that I cannot edit/add enough players. I will probably go the safe route and use the 11-12 rosters, but will keep you updated.

*NOTE BIG HUGE SHOUT OUT TO RAIDER AND BROCK*

What I will do for the people who are good w/ hexs and what not, I will make an excel sheet of all the coaches, their overall records and years at current school and race (for both assistants and HCs). I will also put their championships and age, hoping that this will make it easier for whoever can hex edit. These records are almost as important to me as the actual roster. I can add record at current school as well.

Lastly, I will keep everyone update, I will probably start with lower schools first and work my way until the draft deadline is finished and transfers decide. I hope to get this done before the year and add some transperancy to my ratings as this may end up being my last year of doing it. It's a lot of work and I still am mad that I wasn't able to do it all the way last year. I just know that I may have to restart every few years if I use Raiders as a base bc of what happened this year. I probably can be a tad better at how many edits I actually do (I edited a ton that I did not need to last couple of years).

If anyone can confirm that I can start fresh and need no hex editing or moding to edit the teams please let me know. I will edit (or let someone else change the the team name) of the teams who are no longer D1 to new D1 schools.

Thought I'd give you all an update. Sorry for the long post, and hopefully I can stay on top of these, I know I gave deadlines last year, and pushed them off, but I am going to be more clear and hold myself to it. If anything changes I will let y'all know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2017, 11:33 AM   #2
Pro

Re: College Hoops 2017-2018 Rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruud2You
Going to start these rosters on Sunday with coaches. I am still trying to decide if I should start completely over (literally the original 2k8 rosters w/ player #s) or if I should use Raiders from like 11-12 as a base.

Since I have 0 idea of how to hex edit, I am afraid that if I start fresh that I cannot edit/add enough players. I will probably go the safe route and use the 11-12 rosters, but will keep you updated.

*NOTE BIG HUGE SHOUT OUT TO RAIDER AND BROCK*

What I will do for the people who are good w/ hexs and what not, I will make an excel sheet of all the coaches, their overall records and years at current school and race (for both assistants and HCs). I will also put their championships and age, hoping that this will make it easier for whoever can hex edit. These records are almost as important to me as the actual roster. I can add record at current school as well.

Lastly, I will keep everyone update, I will probably start with lower schools first and work my way until the draft deadline is finished and transfers decide. I hope to get this done before the year and add some transperancy to my ratings as this may end up being my last year of doing it. It's a lot of work and I still am mad that I wasn't able to do it all the way last year. I just know that I may have to restart every few years if I use Raiders as a base bc of what happened this year. I probably can be a tad better at how many edits I actually do (I edited a ton that I did not need to last couple of years).

If anyone can confirm that I can start fresh and need no hex editing or moding to edit the teams please let me know. I will edit (or let someone else change the the team name) of the teams who are no longer D1 to new D1 schools.

Thought I'd give you all an update. Sorry for the long post, and hopefully I can stay on top of these, I know I gave deadlines last year, and pushed them off, but I am going to be more clear and hold myself to it. If anything changes I will let y'all know.
So question about these updated rosters. Do they mess with the game's sim engine? I have only had the game for a few days but I have noticed on multiple occasions and a semi-regular basis teams like Montana going into places like Arizona and winning...
Old 04-08-2017, 04:22 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 9

You don't need to hex edit for the rosters. The hex editing was just changing coaches records and championships, and changing conference sizes. Everything else can be edited in-game.
Old 04-09-2017, 12:29 AM   #4
Rookie

Ruud2You's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock
You don't need to hex edit for the rosters. The hex editing was just changing coaches records and championships, and changing conference sizes. Everything else can be edited in-game.
Awesome, then I will start from scratch. I was wondering if maybe they added players or something but this is reassuring. Also was thinking maybe they moded to get more edits. I will start tomorrow on coaches, and allow you guys to do the real work.
Old 04-14-2017, 07:02 PM   #5
Rookie

jbragg10's Arena

OVR: 6

Oh man ... I am getting excited. If you can knock these out before the season starts I would be so excited. Will you have something setup so we can give you money for your efforts? I will definitely donate for your time and effort!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2017, 02:00 PM   #6
Rookie

Ruud2You's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbragg10
Oh man ... I am getting excited. If you can knock these out before the season starts I would be so excited. Will you have something setup so we can give you money for your efforts? I will definitely donate for your time and effort!!!
I'd rather wait until after I release the rosters. But I will set one up

Been a little slow this week, I work for the Spurs currently so with us being in the playoffs it's lead to a lot of 6 day work weeks, but my plan is to have all the coaches/assistants done by the end of the month. I will be editing a few teams who are no longer D1 to teams that are, but I will not be adding any/creating any. I will also have an excel sheet that will have all the coaches and assistants races/records/championships/age. It may help to keep track and give a more real feel to the rosters. Then I will go back through and do ratings and tendencies. And pending my sanity, maybe some more detailed appearances.

I should be done by the start of the season, but I don't want to promise anything. Once I get through the PAC 12 of roster edits, I will then give a more updated release time.

Last edited by Ruud2You; 04-15-2017 at 02:06 PM.
Old 04-17-2017, 02:09 PM   #7
Rookie

Fostercare58's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruud2You
I'd rather wait until after I release the rosters. But I will set one up

Been a little slow this week, I work for the Spurs currently so with us being in the playoffs it's lead to a lot of 6 day work weeks, but my plan is to have all the coaches/assistants done by the end of the month. I will be editing a few teams who are no longer D1 to teams that are, but I will not be adding any/creating any. I will also have an excel sheet that will have all the coaches and assistants races/records/championships/age. It may help to keep track and give a more real feel to the rosters. Then I will go back through and do ratings and tendencies. And pending my sanity, maybe some more detailed appearance

I should be done by the start of the season, but I don't want to promise anything. Once I get through the PAC 12 of roster edits, I will then give a more updated release time.

Do u know any group who is doing the rosters for 2018-2017 for NCAA Basketball 2010 on the Xbox 360
Old 04-17-2017, 08:25 PM   #8
Rookie

Fostercare58's Arena

I'll help

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K > College Hoops 2K Rosters »