Home

Easy Missions for beginners?

This is a discussion on Easy Missions for beginners? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2017, 11:43 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 6
Easy Missions for beginners?

Other than the starter missions, are there any easy single player missions for people new to this mode and game?

I'm more use to the EA Ultimate Team games where they give you a good variety of offline modes for each difficulty.

I think SCEA could have done a better job organizing the missions to newbies like me. But with what they have, any suggestions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2017, 11:48 PM   #2
Rookie

SigmundFraud's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Easy Missions for beginners?

You should start off by playing conquest. It'll help you get a feel for DD, and accumulate some nice rewards/build up some statistics. As you play, just check the career missions after every game or two, and check the conquest missions after every stronghold game. This will help you understand how missions work, and then you won't really need any further advice for how to go about completing the others. You basically just do whatever missions have rewards that appeal to you once you get a solid foundation from conquest.
Old 04-22-2017, 11:59 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yeah by far conquest. You get around 30 3 inning games and can get some great rewards.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Old 04-23-2017, 11:25 AM   #4
Rookie

Twinkie12's Arena

Conquest is good, but I also recommend doing some of the Team Epics. I'm almost done with the Twins. The reward is a 91 Perkins, and you also get an 89 Hughes along the way. I'm also in the middle of the Padres, and the reward is a pretty good Tony Gwynn card.

Teams that don't have stars are super cheap to collect and getting through the 5 stages doesn't take long either.
Old 04-23-2017, 11:50 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkie12
Conquest is good, but I also recommend doing some of the Team Epics. I'm almost done with the Twins. The reward is a 91 Perkins, and you also get an 89 Hughes along the way. I'm also in the middle of the Padres, and the reward is a pretty good Tony Gwynn card.

Teams that don't have stars are super cheap to collect and getting through the 5 stages doesn't take long either.
I had posted about team epics in another thread. I was doing red sox but people said it's not worth it. So Twins/ Padres are easier to do?

I'll do conquest but I think I don't really understand the mode. Ill read up on it. I did it once and lost, my territory got conquered. I really wish they had offered more game modes for single player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2017, 12:23 PM   #6
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyacinth1
I had posted about team epics in another thread. I was doing red sox but people said it's not worth it. So Twins/ Padres are easier to do?

I'll do conquest but I think I don't really understand the mode. Ill read up on it. I did it once and lost, my territory got conquered. I really wish they had offered more game modes for single player.
Conquest is confusing at first but not actually that difficult and well worth learning how to play. So go look at youtube or find some other info. Buried somewhere on this forum is a very long thread all about conquest. It was stickied all last year but they removed it's stick status when 17 released.

Here is why Conquest is a good starting point.
  • It costs no stubs like team epics do
  • You get a card after every 3- inning game - Most players sim everything but Stronghold games but you can play everything out if you want. It would be a minimum of 30 games.
  • You get a 10 pack bundle for completing and you can complete it up to 5 times
  • You get 5 conquest packs the first time through. These have 4 players each.
  • You probably accumulate close to 10,000 stubs as conquering strongholds gives 250 each (30 x 250 = 7,500)
  • You get a series of gold missions when conquering all strongholds from a division. These missions if all completed will net you 5 diamond and 4 gold players

When starting conquest grab as much of the free land in the northern part of the map. I personally suggest, when first starting to steal fans from colorado for 3 to 5 rounds until you get them down to 1 or 2 million fans and then attack them with all your reinforcements. This eliminates the most immediate threat to your first stronghold and will give you a second one so you won't lose if someone takes one of them.

Once you have the two strongholds just stack your reinforcements all on once square each round and gobble up territory by simming the attacks. Don't even worry about strongholds at that point. Just keep an eye on your stronghold to make sure they are not being threatened.

Last edited by Dolenz; 04-23-2017 at 12:41 PM.
Old 04-23-2017, 04:50 PM   #7
Rookie

Twinkie12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyacinth1

Teams that don't have star players are easier because they cost less stubs to buy every player on the team. The Padres have no Diamond or gold players and the Twins have one gold. The Red Sox reward is better, but buying all their Diamond and Gold players would be expensive.
Old 04-23-2017, 04:55 PM   #8
Pro

dougdfc's Arena

Conquest is good for beginners, as well as Tier 1 of every team epic(Beat each team twice on Rookie or higher)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »