Home

Resurgence of golf games

This is a discussion on Resurgence of golf games within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2017, 11:29 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Resurgence of golf games

With all th golf games out there now, it kind of brings me back to the old Course Depot days when I was playing PGA, Links, GBC. Now playing TGC, Perfect Golf, TGC on Xbox, Rory on Xbox, and even a little TW08 on PC. Kind of nice having the selection.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2017, 02:56 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Resurgence of golf games

Hot Shots golf has a cutesy appearance but the gameplay and physics engine is very solid.
Old 04-26-2017, 03:26 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
Is it really a resurgence of "golf games"?

EA's Rory is dead and EA appears to be out of the golf business at this point

Golf Club 2 looks to be really a 1.4 version of the first game mostly with some social stuff tacked on.

Perfect Golf is the favorite if you are a true diehard real life golfer, but that is developing so slow that we may all die before it gets all the features we would want.

And beyond that there are a host of arcade like games that honestly are not golf games but just happen to resemble the sport of golf in appearance only.
It's definitely not a 1.4 version. A lot has been done. Even the trailer suggest that, but have faith, HB are a good group - and have golfers interests as a priority.
Old 04-27-2017, 12:45 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
I've watched the trailer a couple times and I would love to hear what you're seeing that I am missing, from the golf aspect of things not all the society clubhouse bling and swag stuff.

They've shown literally nothing of the new swing or shot outcomes or the player cam and all the bunkers and grasses all look exceptionally the same, save for some lighting.

What am I missing around the golf aspect of things from information that's out in the open so far?
The swing in the trailer looks completely different than the avatar they've been using. The different clothes selections as well. Do you see they've added crowds as well? Ball physics are also seemingly changed.

150,000 user created golf courses can be imported from TGC1 to TGC2, that is huge in its own right. How about the time of day changes per round? For a whole minute they talk about the course creator and customization.

Like I said, have faith in the HB devs...and community. They listen to all sets of fans, and testers. I'll just keep it at that
Old 04-27-2017, 01:12 AM   #5
Rookie

Golfsprince's Arena

OVR: 0

Golf games in general are having quite a resurgence, at least from a roster standpoint.

Sim/Realistic golf games are low obviously, with EA done with golf and TGC 2 as the only authentic style golf game coming out.

But, as a whole, including arcade, there's quite a few options. I just love golf, authentic or arcade but that's just me.

TGC 2 looks really good from the trailer. Swing looks better, graphics, and the player customization is going to be much better and I really look forward to that.

Golf is a niche sport, we already know this, but when you think about it, basketball and football are really the only sports poppin' right now, especially with the kids.

Soccer (football) is of course the juggernaut globally. So really, it's basketball, football and football (soccer). So golf isn't the only major "niche" sport nowadays.

Happy virtual golfing!

Favorite Teams

Golf - USA Ryder Cup Squad

NFL - Bears, Falcons

NBA - Bulls

MLB - White Sox

College - Northwestern Wildcats, DePaul Blue Demons, UIC Flames, DuPage Chaparrals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2017, 04:18 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
I've watched the trailer a couple times and I would love to hear what you're seeing that I am missing, from the golf aspect of things not all the society clubhouse bling and swag stuff.

They've shown literally nothing of the new swing or shot outcomes or the player cam and all the bunkers and grasses all look exceptionally the same, save for some lighting.

What am I missing around the golf aspect of things from information that's out in the open so far?
You seem to have an agenda against TGC scagwi. I'm not sure why. Surely anyone willing to put their balls on the line and make a golf game, leaning towards a simulation and giving people options instead of the option of one game we've had years previously.
Surely as a community we should be pushing all the games that are willing to make something different.
The improvements in TGC2 over TGC are huge in comparison to what is seen in other follow up sports titles.
How can you show how the feel of a golf swing has improved in a trailer.
These trailers are to whet the appetite, swing mechanics are so far down the average buyers list of things they care about.
HB's job is to manage the hardcore golf community to make sure that you guys understand the new swing fluidity outside of the trailer. Making sure the community love it and then evangelise it through forums like this.
A trailer isn't the place for that

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Old 04-27-2017, 10:47 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:

1. Golf Club 2 looks to be really a 1.4 version of the first game mostly with some social stuff tacked on.

2. Perfect Golf is the favorite if you are a true diehard real life golfer, but that is developing so slow that we may all die before it gets all the features we would want.
1. TGC2, false. NDA prevents me from responding further.

2. Loved PG for the gameplay in TOUR Pro. Have not touched PG since starting the TGC2 Beta.

TGC2 will be my "go to" game for the foreseeable future.

PG needs some updates badly, IMO.

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 04-27-2017, 10:58 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Is it really a resurgence of "golf games"?

EA's Rory is dead and EA appears to be out of the golf business at this point

Golf Club 2 looks to be really a 1.4 version of the first game mostly with some social stuff tacked on.

Perfect Golf is the favorite if you are a true diehard real life golfer, but that is developing so slow that we may all die before it gets all the features we would want.

And beyond that there are a host of arcade like games that honestly are not golf games but just happen to resemble the sport of golf in appearance only.
Yeah, I thinkit's a resurgence from an options standpoint. EA is EA and they have a game out there like they always have but now there is a good console alternative with TGC. AS far as pc's go, I can't remember how long it's been since there has been two quality offerings like PG and TGC.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »