Home

Old 05-10-2017, 12:26 PM   #1
MVP

Shaffer26's Arena

OVR: 14
CAP's

Anyone else tired of seeing these 99 OVR Cyborg's running around in DD? SSD needs to make it a little bit harder to get these guys at 99 in almost every category so early after release.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2017, 12:30 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: CAP's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaffer26
Anyone else tired of seeing these 99 OVR Cyborg's running around in DD? SSD needs to make it a little bit harder to get these guys at 99 in almost every category so early after release.
I'd be curious to know how you make it harder, since it's just a matter of feeding them cards it's like many things in the game, with an entry point based on how much money you want to spend.

I got lucky and opened a Diamond in my pre-order packs, sold it and bought 50 packs, got another Diamond. This continued until without spending any real money I had opened more than 400 packs. It was pretty easy to feed my cyborg to 99 at that point.

Of course, I've been achievement chasing, so he rarely plays, but since he can do anything I want him to he's an awesome bench player.
Old 05-10-2017, 12:49 PM   #3
Pro

dougdfc's Arena

For starters, overall limits?

My guy is a 93 in the 70s in every stat, but I'd like to restart with him, make him worse, make him Adam Dunn
Old 05-10-2017, 12:51 PM   #4
MVP

ph33's Arena

Getting your CAP to a 99 comes with a steep price
Old 05-10-2017, 01:31 PM   #5
All Star

OVR: 2

I'm a big proponent of not letting the custom made players into Ranked games. You wanna use them in Conquest or offline Epics missions cool. But those guys are like cheat codes and shouldn't be allowed in competitive play.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2017, 01:41 PM   #6
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

I find it amusing that we cant have a DH with all the good first baseman and what not, but we can have created players.

You also dont need to get him anywhere near 99 overall, my guy was in his 80s but because of equipment I was damn closes to maxed out on everything, and thats with no diamond equipment.
Old 05-10-2017, 02:04 PM   #7
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Not a fan of them at all tbh, I think they are cheap and I think they spoil the game a bit. Literally half the games I play are against someone with a 99 rated catcher who has 90+ stats in everything, it's just a bit of a nonsense.
Old 05-10-2017, 09:42 PM   #8
All Star

OVR: 2

It's just an odd competitive choice. Like let's eliminate letting you see the handedness of your opponents pitcher but we'll still allow players to be created that aren't humanly possible in a Ranked mode. Makes no sense why they're allowed in ranked games.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »