Home

* Lower Rated players you love & higher rated players you struggle with & dislike?

This is a discussion on * Lower Rated players you love & higher rated players you struggle with & dislike? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2017, 01:47 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
* Lower Rated players you love & higher rated players you struggle with & dislike?

- List some lower rated players that you love or seem to hit or play really well with (anyone below a gold)

- List any Gold or Diamond players you cannot seem to hit well with or not a fan of

- List your favorite gold or diamond players you play with

*A couple of my favorite Silver players that I hit very well with are 1B Eric Hosmer, 2B - Rougned Odor and 3B Jake Lamb

*The one gold player who I seem to struggle with is 3B Jose Ramirez

*My favorite diamond is Freddie Freeman as I can crush with him and always seems to come through. Just recently received my 2nd diamond in breakout Curtis Granderson and so far he is a doubles machine but small sample size.

Let me know your thoughts! Thanks!

Sorry if this has been posted before

Last edited by bcarlson33; 05-17-2017 at 03:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2017, 01:58 PM   #2
Rookie

SigmundFraud's Arena

Re: * Lower Rated players you love & higher rated players you struggle with & dislike

Neil Walker is probably my favorite player on the game. He's a staple in the middle of my lineup. Switch hitter who's more than serviceable against lefties and righties, and most days he's boosted on IE to have really good power numbers against righties.

I absolutely hate diamond breakout Griffey. He's really just not that good at anything but fielding. Doesn't mash righties or lefties. He's fast but not a very good base runner. He just seems to clog the lineup whenever I try and use him.

Steven Matz and James Paxton are awesome. Don't waste stubs on any other lefty.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-17-2017, 03:06 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: * Lower Rated players you love & higher rated players you struggle with & dislike

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigmundFraud
Neil Walker is probably my favorite player on the game. He's a staple in the middle of my lineup. Switch hitter who's more than serviceable against lefties and righties, and most days he's boosted on IE to have really good power numbers against righties.

I absolutely hate diamond breakout Griffey. He's really just not that good at anything but fielding. Doesn't mash righties or lefties. He's fast but not a very good base runner. He just seems to clog the lineup whenever I try and use him.

Steven Matz and James Paxton are awesome. Don't waste stubs on any other lefty.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I don't have Neil walker but will look at him and his numbers.
I used matz a lot last year and liked him, not sure if I even have him this year...I will look at him. I totally agree with you on Paxton, he is one of my favorite pitchers.
Old 05-17-2017, 04:12 PM   #4
Rookie

There's a left-handed rookie reliever card that is like bronze, but throws a breaking pitch that makes me feel like a two year old constantly...

I think it's Billy Wagner?
Old 05-17-2017, 04:37 PM   #5
Rookie

SigmundFraud's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcarlson33
I don't have Neil walker but will look at him and his numbers.

I used matz a lot last year and liked him, not sure if I even have him this year...I will look at him. I totally agree with you on Paxton, he is one of my favorite pitchers.

Matz is awesome because he throws a mid to high 90s sinker. I think it tops at 97. IMO a sinker is the toughest pitch to hit on the game, and having a left handed starter that can throw one that hard for 7+ innings gives people fits.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2017, 04:45 PM   #6
Rookie

I have a love hate relationship with Jason Kipnis. One game he's the best hitter in my lineup, the next I can't even hit a ball with him. I usually leave him in the lineup, but I've moved him out of the middle as of late.

I bought Daniel Murphy and I've been somewhat disappointed. I've played against him and he kills me everytime, yet I struggle with him.

I've always hit really well with Hosmer, he's a lower rated card. Doesn't have a ton of power, but singles back up the middle all day long.
Old 05-17-2017, 06:26 PM   #7
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

I pretty much only lower ranked players and have picked up some favourites along the way.

Rotation wise I go with Matz, Duffy, G.Richards, Rookie Archer and 85 Juan Marichel from the ticket store. All are great, Marichels screwball is just funny as no one seems to ever see it coming.

There are a ton of good relievers, but Rookie Wagner and Breakout Boxberger are probably my top picks.

At catcher I go with Breakou tMurphy from the ticket store. Technically a firstbaseman but more than capable behind the plate and he absolutely mashes

Jake Lamb is obvious, the guy is ridiculous. Also a big fan of Hanley Ramirez at first, IE almost always helps his hitting against righties and makes him a great all round hitter.

Blackmon was my favourite outfielder but somehow the upgrade has slowed me down with him? Breakout Bichette is pretty handy and I absolutely rake with all forms of Griffey. His diamond for me must be hitting over .600 in ranked games with about a homer a game.

Most disappointing diamond has probably been Arenado, who just doesn't have the power you'd expect. I've gotten off to a very rough start with Trout as well who's vision is much worse than you'd expect. I've only played a handful of games with him though so I'm sure I'll turn it around. Best diamond has been Nolan Ryan, who is completely unhittable
Old 05-17-2017, 11:19 PM   #8
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

Playing a lot of diamond dynasty the last 2 years has turned me into a huge Carlos Beltran fan!

Pound for pound he is my favorite guy to hit with.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »