Home

Acquiring REP needs to be revamp

This is a discussion on Acquiring REP needs to be revamp within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2017, 11:42 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Acquiring REP needs to be revamp

Last year I called for the REP bar to include a number/percentage base system

Quote:
I applaud 2K for doing so however the pay out, even for A+ games, needs to be drastically improved. Its no reason why you cant max your rank out within a year with a little above average playtime. Especially when you have other games where you can max you rank out 2 times over within that time period. (Also other games give out more Double XP weekends)

If the concern is locking out certain perks to the most dedicated, I think they should move the perks away from Ranks and into the in game accolades. While they are at it move Badges fully to it also (which seems halfway tied to it in 2K17)

Quote:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2017, 12:01 PM   #2
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Acquiring REP needs to be revamp

I also believe if they keep this current system, they should give you rep for Pro-Am and Pro-Am Walk On.

The reason it should be in regular Pro-Am is because players that solely play that mode will not be able to hit SS1 or SS3 and etc and get the additional upgrades for your MyPlayer. Like I said before 2K17 came out; I think it's silly if you play solely Pro-Am and then you go to MyPark you have no rep. I just think you should get rep for all online modes you play with your player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 05-24-2017, 12:20 PM   #3
Pro

I agree with rep in the real PRO-AM. A lot of people on here would be against it as it would give the "cheesers" an opportunity to ruin the game mode. A lot of the ante up/park community already plays pro am so I don't see any issues.
Old 05-24-2017, 01:02 PM   #4
Banned

I think the reason they dont rep in pro am is because people would expoit it by matching up and throwing games. There are ways around it but 2k don't care enough to fix something that can be just removed altogether.

We need custom lobbies in pro am but 2k will never give us that because it doesn't help their goals for the game.
Old 05-24-2017, 02:57 PM   #5
Banned

Housh123's Arena

I think there should be a general rep for all online modes. They should let you choose to use it on MyTeam, MyCareer or you can convert to offline perks and get special MyGm stuff like the ability to place signature badges on guys.

I know that means VC would disappear and I know that would never happen so I honestly don't know why I said all that. Well they could still charge for VC but id say make the rep way more valuable. Like a MyTeam pack costs 10,000 VC, but if your using your earned rep its only 2000 rep
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2017, 08:44 PM   #6
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by de5m0n
I think the reason they dont rep in pro am is because people would expoit it by matching up and throwing games. There are ways around it but 2k don't care enough to fix something that can be just removed altogether.

We need custom lobbies in pro am but 2k will never give us that because it doesn't help their goals for the game.

Some people probably would but people can do that in MyPark and easier. I just don't really think a lot of people would constantly try to matchup in ProAm just to get a A+ (which is pretty easy to get to even playing w/ randoms) for few percentage points of rep. I think more people would be doing that for a good ProAm record.

We definitely need custom lobbies. And I know it's small to some but I can't get heavy into ProAm until it's back to being like a actual broadcaster game w/ commentators and things like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 05-24-2017, 09:06 PM   #7
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

Made zero sense that you got no rep in the real Pro-Am.
Old 05-25-2017, 03:55 AM   #8
Rookie

Wolf Ticket's Arena

Needs more rep for beating higher ranked opponents

If I step on with some random brown shirts and beat a squad of superstars I want me and my team mates to be compensated for the odds we was facing and by the same token the squad that isn't taking much of a risk get a slight decrease in the rep they would acquire should they win.

So many times there will be 3 high ranked players on one side and one or two low ranked players on the other side and no one will step on to get the game started because there is no incentive to take that risk.

Last edited by Wolf Ticket; 05-28-2017 at 11:59 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »