Home

Loser of Losers Tourney is LIVE

This is a discussion on Loser of Losers Tourney is LIVE within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2017, 11:34 PM   #1
Pro

roboas's Arena

OVR: 0
Loser of Losers Tourney is LIVE

Guys, in case you don't have Twitter, you should know that there is a tourney going on to crown the weakest my team player. This tourney is exclusive to "cam boys" - guys who stream their personal lives over the internet for money. They are playing each other with a special set of rules that are unique to the tourney: you can only take contested 3 point shots from the triangle set, you must flash pause after every shot, regardless of its probability of going in, and nobody wins until the tourney judge decides who has the better personality.

The tourney is in its second to last month, and we should be crowing the Loser of Losers shortly with a celebratory social media jihad. Please update your data plans and celebrate this momentous occasion with us!

If you are interested in joining next year's tourney, please submit a 1000 word essay on how Kendrick Lamar's most recent album made you a better my team player. Finalists should expect to debate their position with Los Pollos TV and Calderon Fan in front of a live internet audience of dozens.

Last edited by roboas; 06-28-2017 at 11:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2017, 12:55 AM   #2
Banned

jschmib's Arena

Re: Loser of Losers Tourney is LIVE

This game really is trash. The sad thing is, it's actually really entertaining to watch a well-played MTO game. It's just so cheesified this year....
Old 06-29-2017, 07:27 AM   #3
Rookie

Matt_1979's Arena

Haha - i've watched a couple and quite enjoyed them. The rules seem a bit strange, however.

Will be interesting to see who wins. I like seeing youtubers play eachother.
Old 06-30-2017, 01:08 PM   #4
Pro

The truth is 2k is not a fun game to watch people play whether it be myteam, mycareer, park, pro am, etc.

2k wants it to be, but its just not. Too bad they cant just drop this whole e sports thing and move on. But they never will.
Old 06-30-2017, 01:45 PM   #5
Pro

I gave it some more thought and the reason why 2K will never be a successful as games like league of legends and counterstrike in terms of viewership is because those games require skill. Have a top player in one of those games 1v1 a new player or average player, and chances are the average player doesn't get a single kill on him or dies instantly. In 2k, not so much. The average player will score against an elite player. Just look at how slashers can force up everything in the park and score. That takes no skill. Spamming x works for some and for others they think of pressing x and its a foul or that player gets burned. Too much stuff going on behind what is seen.

2K is more of a pay to win/casual/freemium game. It does not have a skill gap like the most popular games on twitch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2017, 10:24 AM   #6
MVP

justlaze's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8board
I gave it some more thought and the reason why 2K will never be a successful as games like league of legends and counterstrike in terms of viewership is because those games require skill. Have a top player in one of those games 1v1 a new player or average player, and chances are the average player doesn't get a single kill on him or dies instantly. In 2k, not so much. The average player will score against an elite player. Just look at how slashers can force up everything in the park and score. That takes no skill. Spamming x works for some and for others they think of pressing x and its a foul or that player gets burned. Too much stuff going on behind what is seen.

2K is more of a pay to win/casual/freemium game. It does not have a skill gap like the most popular games on twitch.
If the game would reward high basketball IQ, like learning manual plays and using them to perfection, I could imagine 2K getting in the esport scene.
But until turbo/spamming/simple PnR etc. stay more powerful or at least on the same level, I see no point of PlayNow/MyTeam tournaments on higher levels.

I rather see Pro AM becoming more impactful, because you have to play together as a team, which is way harder than current 1v1 (in terms of MyTeam/PlayNow). I think the signing of some real nba teams to have a 2K esport departments is a hint that it will go this way.
Old 07-03-2017, 06:04 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlaze
If the game would reward high basketball IQ, like learning manual plays and using them to perfection, I could imagine 2K getting in the esport scene.
But until turbo/spamming/simple PnR etc. stay more powerful or at least on the same level, I see no point of PlayNow/MyTeam tournaments on higher levels.

I rather see Pro AM becoming more impactful, because you have to play together as a team, which is way harder than current 1v1 (in terms of MyTeam/PlayNow). I think the signing of some real nba teams to have a 2K esport departments is a hint that it will go this way.
Agreed. I used to try to learn plays and learn the game but every 2k ends up the way you described. The cheesy tactics always prevail

It sucks becuase it seems like they put so much time and effort into these playbooks and its pointless to learn them when you can be just as if not more effective without them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »