Home

UltimateBase Roster (NBA 2K18)

This is a discussion on UltimateBase Roster (NBA 2K18) within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2017, 01:43 AM   #1
MVP

marcuscouch10's Arena

OVR: 0
UltimateBase Roster (NBA 2K18)

I'm back. Sorta. I know this is early, but I'm here to gather ideas, and sorta promote a roster idea for the next game. What is this idea? You may notice I'm using the name "UltimateBase Roster" the reason for this, is not just because I really liked the mod from the older games on computer, but because I want this to be the most complete base roster you can find.

I've noticed while playing the current game, that the sim stats, and a lot of ye ratings seem to be broken, as well as a lot of the legend teams. When playing through a season, the sim stats are completely broken. '97-'98 Jordan scores around 37 points a game, and seriously gets around 5 steals a game. Westbrook, while it's true he did average a triple double this year, on the game his stat line ends up being a triple double, but so inflated.

I want to take the base roster the game comes from, and make it the best possible, and most accurate roster in the community. I want some feedback and concepts on what you guys would like to see, but this is what I have so far.

Vitals, for every single player in the game on a current, or legend team. As well as something that seems broken, the peak ages. I will do my best to update them all.

Correct bodies, there's not a lot I can do from here, but I'll try to update them all, for everyone.

Shoes and gear, I don't know too much about shoes, to be honest. I'll try to keep gear and accessories spot on, but I may need your help on the shoes.

Attributes and tendencies. This is where it gets interesting. I want to keep a change in tendencies minimal, unless absolutely needed. I want to sorta lower everyone's rating, and make sure all players in the entire game, are rated, in relation to all other players. This way, the best will be the best, the average will be average, and the worst will be the worst. It'll lower the amount of high overall ratings you'll see. I mean, is Kawhi Leonard really almost as good as Michael Jordan?

Hot zones and signature moves. I'll try to keep those updated. I don't have much time to watch a lot of basketball, but if someone makes a thread about the jump shots and accurate signatures. I'll definitely include them in the roster.

Badges. Some of the badges on this game suck. Not the badges themselves, but the people they're given to, and the ranks consistency between players given the badges. Look, I get Ben Simmons is a rookie, but you're telling me you couldn't get enough from him to see he deserves more than just a bronze "chase down artist" badge?

I'll also try to keep all of the rotations, coaching sliders, points of emphasis, player priorities, and whatever else is needed, updated.

In a quick summary, I just want everything to work well in a season, or general manager mode. If you want to use the current teams for a season, everyone will play how they should, if you want to maybe sub out the current day Lakers, my favorite team, to maybe the sixties version of them on the game, they'll play the exact same as they should, and stats will translate how they should.

If all this sounds good, I'm sorry to tell you that a problem I will have is that I'm somewhat going to be busy around the release. I'll try to put out a weekly update, and maybe some draft classes if I have the time, but remember I'm busy. Since going away from rosters, I've moved into high school, grown up a lot, started doing bodybuilding, going out with friends more, and even started scholastic wrestling. So if I'm slow, I'm sorry, I will try to manage the best I can.

This roster will be exclusive to Xbox One, by the way. Feel free to give feedback. I'll try my best to do what I can. I just want the game to be the best it can. Thank you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2017, 07:20 AM   #2
MVP

YogiGarebear89's Arena

Re: UltimateBase Roster (NBA 2K18)

Nice to have you back in some capacity

The Apex Predators
Romans 8:31, The Apex Predator Mentality
Old 07-13-2017, 01:45 PM   #3
MVP

marcuscouch10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiGarebear89
Nice to have you back in some capacity

The Apex Predators
Thanks man, I really want to do something for this upcoming game. If time allows me to.
Old 07-16-2017, 03:54 PM   #4
Pro

JJRuelz's Arena

OVR: 4

can you fix potential too? most players who olbviously have more potential are low balled for example giannis at the beggining of the year was something like 84 overall with 85 potential.
Old 07-18-2017, 07:14 PM   #5
MVP

marcuscouch10's Arena

Unhappy Re: UltimateBase Roster (NBA 2K18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJRuelz
can you fix potential too? most players who olbviously have more potential are low balled for example giannis at the beggining of the year was something like 84 overall with 85 potential.
Yes, definitely. I agree that the given potentials suck, but also keep in mind that when I change them it maybe subjective a bit. For example, I don't believe Paul george is really going to improve too much from here, so I wouldn't put his potential past his current overall.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2017, 03:48 PM   #6
MVP

marcuscouch10's Arena

Would anyone like any realistic heights and weights for the roster, they won't do much past an aesthetic bonus. But I personally think it'll be a nice touch. I do and follow bodybuilding so I'm able to guess heights, weights, and fat count pretty well, plus combined with the combine numbers and what I can find. Should be a nice touch. An example is, I was looking at LeBron. On his combine, he weighed 245 lbs, and that was when he was skinny, they have him listed at 250 lbs. on his all three versions I think. When it real life it should probably look like this.

LeBron James (2006-'07) 6'8" 251 lbs.
LeBron james (2012-'13) 6'9"? 271 lbs. (this was when he was at his biggest, there's even confirms he's been at 270 in his career, so it was probably this year)
LeBron James (2017-'18) 6'9"? 263 lbs. I use the question mark on height because he came out of high school and I ton the league at a legit 6'7.5 foot without shoes, so he could be at about 6'9" now with shoes, as they add an inch.
Old 08-07-2017, 05:29 PM   #7
Pro

JJRuelz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcuscouch10
Would anyone like any realistic heights and weights for the roster, they won't do much past an aesthetic bonus. But I personally think it'll be a nice touch. I do and follow bodybuilding so I'm able to guess heights, weights, and fat count pretty well, plus combined with the combine numbers and what I can find. Should be a nice touch. An example is, I was looking at LeBron. On his combine, he weighed 245 lbs, and that was when he was skinny, they have him listed at 250 lbs. on his all three versions I think. When it real life it should probably look like this.

LeBron james (2012-'13) 6'9"? 271 lbs. (this was when he was at his biggest, there's even confirms he's been at 270 in his career, so it was probably this year)
LeBron James (2017-'18) 6'9"? 263 lbs. I use the question mark on height because he came out of high school and I ton the league at a legit 6'7.5 foot without shoes, so he could be at about 6'9" now with shoes, as they add an inch.
I'd defiantly want to see a 7'0" KD, or even a 6-4, 6-5 russell westbrook. But if you decide to do this just remember that sometimes in photo shoots players stand on blocks of wood so that they look taller next to their team.
For example in this photo steph looks taller than he actually is.
Old 08-07-2017, 06:19 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcuscouch10

Glad to read you have interest in realistic heights and weights.

LeBron James is more of a flat 6'7" (200.66 cm) guy and could be as low as 200 cm (6'6.75"). So 6'8" in shoes is accurate. He's a bit shorter than Magic and Pippen who are in the 6'7.25"- 6'7.5" range.

As far as his weight, 270 lbs seems a little too much for a 6'7" guy. I know he was very strong that season, but 270 may be an exaggeration. Minus 10-12 lbs in all his versions seems more appropriate to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »