Home

M17 Running game

This is a discussion on M17 Running game within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2017, 11:37 PM   #1
Rookie

DePounded's Arena

OVR: 4
M17 Running game

So I took a break from Madden for a few weeks and came back this week and the running game still sucks. Like seriously beyond frustrating. The handoffs are too slow so if you are playing online your opponent just controls the LBs and crashes into the backfield and even when you get your handoff off, your back ends up running into the back of your o-line and getting stuck in some choppy animation. Not fluid at all. Am I the only one who feels this way? Does anyone have any suggestions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2017, 09:04 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: M17 Running game

My major concern is the fact that every back runs the same. If I have L Blount running at a DB, I expect him to lower his pads and smash through him. But every back, regardless of type. Will do that ridiculous side step into a spin move. Really annoying
Old 07-23-2017, 06:41 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 1

I play coach mode, and the only way I can get the CPU to run on me is to Guess Play as Pass every single play. Otherwise, the CPU run game sucks horribly.

For User, I've only had success once I have a good OL or I call plays on 2nd/3rd & Long or move guys around before the snap to help with the blocking.
Old 07-23-2017, 08:26 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DePounded
So I took a break from Madden for a few weeks and came back this week and the running game still sucks. Like seriously beyond frustrating. The handoffs are too slow so if you are playing online your opponent just controls the LBs and crashes into the backfield and even when you get your handoff off, your back ends up running into the back of your o-line and getting stuck in some choppy animation. Not fluid at all. Am I the only one who feels this way? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Running is great. And yeah, online guys can use LBs to squash the run game. When they do that throw some slants and drags. Attack the area they vacate.

Many times I start running draws and running out of passing formations to keep them honest. It's why competitive modes can be so much fun. They have given users the tools to squash cheese.

I say this as below average online player. My current DC record in the current season is 12-14. But most games are close and fun to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-25-2017, 09:55 AM   #5
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

I think something people don't talk about enough is offensive line. Now, they're not perfect, of course. But, legit, if u had an all 85 ovr Oline, u would probably find it easier to run. I have had some hit or miss years with my Falcons franchise, and I feel it did depend on Olineman, drafting new ones, losing vets, etc. because, I had one superstar season for Freeman. He got around 2000 yards and had a 5+ yard avg. That has been RARE for me. I have had some games with sub 3 yd avg per carry, and yes, it's frustrating.

Unfortunately, a lot goes into it. Gotta follow your blockers. Sometimes, your blockers do stupid stuff, gotta be ready for that and find a way to use it.

No sprint behind LOS unless you're about to get the edge on an outside run. Sometimes, when running up the middle, your best button is RB. This helps stop fumbles, but u also seem to fall forward more or bounce through the hole, better, and/or skinny yourself to get through the hole.

Overall, gotta be patient. I think running is tougher these days in madden, but it's not impossible, and it's somewhat realistic. On that note, it also can be your playcalling. Call 10 run plays in a row, you're prob not going to do well. Throw 4-5 passes, then a run might do well. Run inside 4-5 plays. Then, run outside and u might break one.

Overall, running in madden is now a mixed bag for sure, and takes some effort on all fronts including playcalling to make it work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2017, 11:04 AM   #6
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

There seems to be this ideology, and rightfully so from past maddens, that the user shouldn't use the sprint button behind the LOS; but from my experience it depends on the play in M17; so I would suggest taking some plays into practice mode and seeing which method works on any given play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »