Home

With so many terrible choices of "classic teams" is anyone else scared...

This is a discussion on With so many terrible choices of "classic teams" is anyone else scared... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 05:59 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
With so many terrible choices of "classic teams" is anyone else scared...

What the all-time rosters will look like?

I have zero faith in 2k at this stage. I wouldn't be surprised if we see multiple versions of the same player on a team. 96 Jordan getting tired, well I'll put in 93' Jordan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2017, 06:01 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: With so many terrible choices of "classic teams" is anyone else scared...

It's a safe guess you won't see any player aside from MyTeam last year, the classics we've had, probably lose a few here and there due to death or costing too much. Can't blame 2k for this though, this literally just comes down to individuals being too greedy!
Old 08-21-2017, 06:04 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTMax
It's a safe guess you won't see any player aside from MyTeam last year, the classics we've had, probably lose a few here and there due to death or costing too much. Can't blame 2k for this though, this literally just comes down to individuals being too greedy!
Can't really call someone greedy based off how they value their likeness. It's their person. One could call us greedy for thinking they should not be paid for what they ask for our pleasure. We're just paying $60 for a game. They're signing over their likeness. While its basically free money and kinda crazy that guys wouldn't want to be immortalized for free money -- I'll never tell someone how much they are worth.
Old 08-21-2017, 06:10 PM   #4
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by barond57
What the all-time rosters will look like?

I have zero faith in 2k at this stage. I wouldn't be surprised if we see multiple versions of the same player on a team. 96 Jordan getting tired, well I'll put in 93' Jordan
Literally, at this point, the only thing I'm scared of is that 2K abandons the classic teams and all-time rosters altogether. I can only imagine how small the percentage of people is who buy 2K for classic teams, and with every announcement of a new classic team or a player on an all-time squad, guys come out of the woodwork to complain that this player is missing, or this accessory was wrong last year, or this guy doesn't deserve to be on the all-time team, or this classic team isn't classic enough, etc, etc.

Let's just be grateful we have a decent base of classic players to work with to begin with, huh?
Old 08-21-2017, 06:11 PM   #5
Rookie

Why would anyone care about their likeliness? I couldn't care less since it gives fans enjoyment, a chance to replay your best version and it's just sports! I don't see how it's different from a TV channel showing a classic game with them in it. Some guys are petty too, like Barkley (says NBA doesn't or didn't treat players right as if 2k has something to do with it) and Jabbar obviously wanted a higher rating. Sad isn't it..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2017, 06:12 PM   #6
Rookie

bdeezy89's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by World1
Can't really call someone greedy based off how they value their likeness. It's their person. One could call us greedy for thinking they should not be paid for what they ask for our pleasure. We're just paying $60 for a game. They're signing over their likeness. While its basically free money and kinda crazy that guys wouldn't want to be immortalized for free money -- I'll never tell someone how much they are worth.
MJ did it for a while. Charles Barkley and Reggie Miller still do it as well as some other players
Old 08-21-2017, 06:15 PM   #7
Rookie

Ivysaur's Arena

I think the focus went into the All-Time Teams this year and a lot of the classic teams that were added were based on the players that made it into those teams (so there's the justification for teams like the '11 Bulls, '12 Knicks, '14 Pacers etc.). It was just basically a lot easier/cheaper to include those teams, whereas it may have been more difficult to secure the rights to other players.
Old 08-21-2017, 06:16 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdeezy89
MJ did it for a while. Charles Barkley and Reggie Miller still do it as well as some other players
I'm aware, but we can't get on them for how they value themselves. Thats greedy in itself.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »