Home

Madden NFL 18's Longshot Proves to Be a Real Touchdown

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18's Longshot Proves to Be a Real Touchdown within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2017, 10:19 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Madden NFL 18's Longshot Proves to Be a Real Touchdown

(EDITOR'S NOTE: Some light spoilers ahead. Do not read unless you are okay knowing some stuff...

Written By: Joel Smith

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2017, 10:40 AM   #2
Banned

thouse34's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 18's Longshot Proves to Be a Real Touchdown

Meh, no interest in a game mode that doesn't have you play a single game in the NFL.
Old 08-22-2017, 11:18 AM   #3
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12
I'm boycotting the mode. Won't even try it. I don't like that they took resources away from other modes like CFM. If they simply added resources to create this mode and were able to improve other areas of the game like CFM and the menus, I would have at least tried it. The menus look the same as last year and I miss the good old days of a list on the side of the screen to access menus honestly. How cool would it be to have that with highlights from the league running on the side?*

Last edited by Outkizast; 08-22-2017 at 11:21 AM.
Old 08-22-2017, 11:35 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I'm really eager to give this a shot. It looks to me like it's really an awesome addition to Madden. People always say Madden is the same ol' same ol' (it's just updated rosters!) and then EA tries to do something different and what do they do but yell, we don't want something different!

Contrary to what a lot of folks on here seem to think I believe this will be a real hit with the general public, like it has been with reviewers. So people who are all angry about it better suck it up because I think that we'll likely see a Longshot in Madden 19 that continues this story..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-22-2017, 11:36 AM   #5
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outkizast
I'm boycotting the mode. Won't even try it. I don't like that they took resources away from other modes like CFM. If they simply added resources to create this mode and were able to improve other areas of the game like CFM and the menus, I would have at least tried it. The menus look the same as last year and I miss the good old days of a list on the side of the screen to access menus honestly. How cool would it be to have that with highlights from the league running on the side?*
I agree with every point you made. I will not even open the mode. I don't want counted in their analytics
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2017, 11:52 AM   #6
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

I understand the anger of CFM not being updated because they worked on this mode, and I think that's pain we all feel. But people that aren't going to play it out of spite really are only hurting themselves. It is a fantastic mode with excellent production, a good story and an easy introduction into some of the new features like target passing. It's also on the shorter side and the perfect thing to waste some time while waiting for a new patch, roster or slider set to come out.
Old 08-22-2017, 12:02 PM   #7
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I'm really eager to give this a shot. It looks to me like it's really an awesome addition to Madden. People always say Madden is the same ol' same ol' (it's just updated rosters!) and then EA tries to do something different and what do they do but yell, we don't want something different!

Contrary to what a lot of folks on here seem to think I believe this will be a real hit with the general public, like it has been with reviewers. So people who are all angry about it better suck it up because I think that we'll likely see a Longshot in Madden 19 that continues this story..
Longshot was always going to be in Madden 19 in my opinion. They didn't spend four years building the first episode, they've already build the entire story after which they decided to break it up. So instead of putting the entire story in one year they chose to spread it over multiple years. Hence the tiny 4 hours long first part with absolutely no NFL gameplay in whatsoever.

Last edited by RogerDodger; 08-22-2017 at 12:05 PM.
Old 08-22-2017, 12:15 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger
Longshot was always going to be in Madden 19 in my opinion. They didn't spend four years building the first episode, they've already build the entire story after which they decided to break it up. So instead of putting the entire story in one year they chose to spread it over multiple years. Hence the tiny 4 hours long first part with absolutely no NFL gameplay in whatsoever.
I agree, makes no real sense to just make it end the way it ends this year.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »