Home

Madden 18(Xbox) Everything Playbooks

This is a discussion on Madden 18(Xbox) Everything Playbooks within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2017, 05:03 PM   #1
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26
Madden 18(Xbox) Everything Playbooks

Not much has changed from 17 to 18 with the CPU AI and playbooks. Defensively They still call cover 0 & cover 1 way too much which leads to easy scores or big plays all game. Offensively it is a lot better but way too many 4 verts, playactions on 3rd & 4th and long lead to statue qb's and sacks.

Unfortunately we can not assign The CPU custom playbooks with just 1 controller still, but fortunately the old way to assign CPU playbooks within CFM still works. It's a very easy process and takes a couple of minutes to set up. It is well worth it to see the CPU utilize its whole playbook. Both offensively & defensively it's as close as you can get to playing a human. It's a game changer to play the CPU with these playbooks. I really suggest everyone try it out. Instead of just using 20 plays in a situation and 10% of their playbook they can now use the whole playbook and have 50-150 plays to choose from depending on the down & distance. I have tested and have not had any issues with playbooks glitching the game. This might be because I limited play stars this year?

I eliminated most all 4 verts, curls, all playactions from 3rd & 4th & long, etc. Applied screen plays & draws on 3rd and long. Seeing that some bubble screens are broke none are added as of now. WR screens added. The Patriots have multiple drags, Panthers have Cam running Option plays, Chiefs with short passing game, etc.

I kept star ratings consistent to how EA had them this year. Meaning instead of rating plays 5 star, 4 star, etc I just kept them at 3 1/2 for pass & 1 1/2 for run this year if that's how they had them in default & im assuming EA has them programed to run/pass ratios from irl. Some downs have all pass and run plays the same star rating meaning it's 50/50 whether they run or pass. All situations and every formation in a teams playbook has been done and rated. What I tried to do is let's say on 3rd & short I have a run play in a specific formation I would add a play action or pass play from that same formation. So every scenario and formation has at least 1 run and pass play within it. That way if you see something and think you know whats coming, think again...

Defensively I eliminated most all cover 0's and cover 1's. There are still some there and they will mix them in but compared to default it's night and day. The only issue is on the defensive playbooks you can not change the empty or overload situations as if you do it defaults back to what it had before. Unfortunately with empty packages it has nickel plays in it. So, I tried to put in some cover 3 Mable, match, etc nickel plays to help there.

These also work in play now games without any of this below... All you need is a 2nd controller in play now and go set the team. Once you select kickoff with 2nd controller pause the game and go to controller select and put it on CPU. Then kickoff and the CPU will call the rest of the game. Just make sure 2nd controller is plugged into the xbox so it doesn't turn off.

How to use CPU Playbooks in CFM
1 - You need a 2nd controller
2- You will need to have a 2nd profile (gamertag) on your Xbox
3 - Download the playbook in madden share you wish to choose with your 2nd profile.
4 - Create your CFM. This has to be a offline CFM
5 - Once in your CFM, Hit Right stick to create a new character for your CPU opponent. Then pick a player (QB) choose undrafted player. This will put him as a 3rd string qb.
6 - Go to your weekly game. Then use the 2nd controller and go into advanced settings to choose the offensive and defensive playbooks.
7- keep your 2nd controller plugged into XBOX so it does not shut off during game.
8- Play the game with 1st controller.
9- After game retire Player (reserve QB)

Teams Completed - All teams audibles done as of 8/28 and re uploaded on share...

Offense

- Cardinals - vannwolfhawk206
- Packers - vannwolfhawk206
- Panthers - vannwolfhawk206
- Cowboys - vannwolfhawk206
- Patriots - vannwolfhawk206
- Falcons - vannwolfhawk206
- Steelers - - vannwolfhawk206
- Chargers - vannwolfhawk206
- Buccaneers - vannwolfhawk206
- Giants - - vannwolfhawk206
- Saints - vannwolfhawk206
- Bengals - vannwolfhawk206
- Raiders - vannwolfhawk206
- Bills - vannwolfhawk206
- Chiefs - vannwolfhawk206
- Titans - vannwolfhawk206

Next Up

- 49ers
- Rams

Defense

- 4-3 Base Defense (With multiple Formations added) - vannwolfhawk206
- 3-4 Base Defense (With multiple Formations added) - vannwolfhawk206

Defense Chart

BASE DEFENSES
4-3:*ATL,*BUF, CAR, CIN, CLE, DAL, DET, JAX, LAC, MIA, MIN, NYG, OAK, PHI, SEA, SF, TB
*3-4: ARZ, CHI, DEN, GB, IND, HOU, KC, LAR, NYJ, PIT, TEN, WAS
Multiple Front: BAL, NE, NO

Let me know what you guys think & if you have done a playbook for XBOX & I'll post in the OP...

Last edited by vannwolfhawk; 08-28-2017 at 05:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2017, 05:14 PM   #2
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden 18(Xbox) Everything Playbooks

Really cool I'm on PS4 though.

I will say Dallas should be running Cover 1 and Cover 3 match more than anything on defense as that's their base defense in real life.

Offensively they run lots of inside and outside zone running plays. Do empty sets a lot too.
Old 08-27-2017, 05:33 PM   #3
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Defensively this year I decided to create 2-3 playbooks to universally hand out and give each team a base whether that be 3-4 or 4-3. Last year I did team by team schemes like a all cover 2 defensive team book and put all the different cover 2's within it. The problem with very little disguise from CPU pre snap it is too easy to read and beat. So, this year I have 2 playbooks that have everything in it. I watend to make calling out the mike and the blitz in pass plays a thing. Not knowing if CPU is blitzing and from when or where is fun! Now you will see CPU call cb blitzes, play double A gap (they never did as it's not even star rated

You will now see A lot more clouds, matches, cover 2, 3, 4, zone blitzes, etc to mimic a human playing defense. Cover 1 and cover 0 You might see 10% of the time compared to 80-90% now... because of all this it becomes more important to pre read defenses before the snap more than ever.
Old 08-27-2017, 06:16 PM   #4
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13

I was looking into doing exactly this. PM or post your system for assigning stars and I'll do some. I would want them to follow the same format you're doing to keep things cohesive.

Be Good Or Be Gone
Sent from Galaxy S8+
GT roll2tide
Let's play Madden or Fifa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 08-27-2017, 06:55 PM   #5
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide
I was looking into doing exactly this. PM or post your system for assigning stars and I'll do some. I would want them to follow the same format you're doing to keep things cohesive.

Be Good Or Be Gone
Sent from Galaxy S8+
GT roll2tide
Offensively all I did this year was match what EA had for stars. For Example on 1st down a team might have all their run plays as 4 stars and all their pass plays at 3 1/2 stars. The plays I added I match and put the run plays at 4 and the pass plays at 3 1/2. For 2nd and long it might have pass plays 4 stars and run at 1 star. Some have all the plays at 1/2 star. I'm assuming EA when all the plays are rated the same it's a 50/50 chance they call those. I'm also assuming the CPU calls run/pass ratios set up per team matching last years averages per Clint on twitter. So, the AI will call more higher rated run plays on certain stars that are higher than others. This way we know running teams will run more than passing compared to if I put them all together in 5 star, 4 star, etc. Hope that makes sense? Best way is go download a book and check out ratings. Then check a book I have not done and see how it matches up. Not nearly as complicated as last year.

The one thing we can do though is tweak runs to a lower star and pass higher and vista versa if we don't like the ratios from here between run/pass on certain downs.

Defensively all plays are rated the same to get a plethora of different calls...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2017, 07:26 PM   #6
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

1 other thing I did that to me is a nice touch and mimics real life is I added all motion plays whether it's WR, TE, or FB in motion. It just looks better with some pre snap motion. But I gave the counters to each so there is a run, pass, play action, etc in each package I assigned to again keep you on your toes. I just played the Giants and Beckham went in motion and I was thinking run play (I was in man) and Eli hit him on the wheel route after the motion and snap and he was wide open for a 36 yard gain.

You will also see draws and screens on long passing downs, possible reverses or fake reverses on 2nd down & short or mediums, on overloads you will see counters, wr screens, Corner Fades near the end zone, FB dives, play action max protect shots from inside the 5, sideline routes in 2 minute drill, and overall smarter routes and plays that can beat multiple different defenses so the CPU QB AI is ultimately smarter. It should be noted because of this I've put CPU QB pass accuracy at 36 on All pro for the CPU and getting good results and a few mis throws...

Last edited by vannwolfhawk; 08-27-2017 at 07:37 PM.
Old 08-27-2017, 07:30 PM   #7
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
Offensively all I did this year was match what EA had for stars. For Example on 1st down a team might have all their run plays as 4 stars and all their pass plays at 3 1/2 stars. The plays I added I match and put the run plays at 4 and the pass plays at 3 1/2. For 2nd and long it might have pass plays 4 stars and run at 1 star. Some have all the plays at 1/2 star. I'm assuming EA when all the plays are rated the same it's a 50/50 chance they call those. I'm also assuming the CPU calls run/pass ratios set up per team matching last years averages per Clint on twitter. So, the AI will call more higher rated run plays on certain stars that are higher than others. This way we know running teams will run more than passing compared to if I put them all together in 5 star, 4 star, etc. Hope that makes sense? Best way is go download a book and check out ratings. Then check a book I have not done and see how it matches up. Not nearly as complicated as last year.

The one thing we can do though is tweak runs to a lower star and pass higher and vista versa if we don't like the ratios from here between run/pass on certain downs.

Defensively all plays are rated the same to get a plethora of different calls...
Got it. I'm starting the Seahawks.

Be Good Or Be Gone
Sent from Galaxy S8+
GT roll2tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 08-27-2017, 07:39 PM   #8
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide
Got it. I'm starting the Seahawks.

Be Good Or Be Gone
Sent from Galaxy S8+
GT roll2tide
FYI I'm from Seattle and a big Seahawks fan and will be doing a very detailed one for the Hawks if you wanted to wait. Only reason I had not done yet is I play with the Seahawks so wanted to get all 31 other teams done 1st...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »