Home

Blocked. Kicks.

This is a discussion on Blocked. Kicks. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2017, 03:00 AM   #1
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5
Blocked. Kicks.

Just starting this thread to gather others thoughts. I've played upwards of 5-8 games so far (ik, not a super sample size) but i've had 3-5 blocked kicks against me and I havent even gotten close to blocking a CPU kick. This past game i had a 58 and a 54 yard kick blocked, the 58 yarder was a line drive, or was supposed to be, while the 54 yarder was normal height. I will say that im not really changing up the snap timing when kicking so maybe thats another reason why mine are getting blocked, but since ive started playing this game I have the feeling where I can go the entire year ONLY seeing the CPU block kicks. Anyone else feel the same? Or does anyone have tips on how to block kicks this year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2017, 05:07 AM   #2
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Blocked. Kicks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8
Just starting this thread to gather others thoughts. I've played upwards of 5-8 games so far (ik, not a super sample size) but i've had 3-5 blocked kicks against me and I havent even gotten close to blocking a CPU kick. This past game i had a 58 and a 54 yard kick blocked, the 58 yarder was a line drive, or was supposed to be, while the 54 yarder was normal height. I will say that im not really changing up the snap timing when kicking so maybe thats another reason why mine are getting blocked, but since ive started playing this game I have the feeling where I can go the entire year ONLY seeing the CPU block kicks. Anyone else feel the same? Or does anyone have tips on how to block kicks this year?

I've played around 30 games and I've blocked field goal and the cmp has blocked 2.

Also not sure what system u on but on ps4 holding the X button in after kicking helps.

As far as blocking u just have to time it just right I shoulda had few more blocks but I missed timed and have run into the kicker.
Old 08-30-2017, 06:07 AM   #3
Rookie

PaPZ187's Arena

OVR: 2

I've played like 6-7 games myself and haven't seen one from the cpu, and haven't blocked one myself either.

I use the Jets and suck though, so I don't give the cpu many opportunities at blocking one either lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 08-30-2017, 06:24 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Using the Ravens, Justin Tucker has had two PATs blocked and one field goal.
(edit: help to point out I am in week 8)

I've come very close to blocking some field goals myself, even had a few where I had to go into replay because I thought it must have went right through my defender. Turns out his fingers were maybe an inch or two short.

Roughed quite a few kickers though :P

Last edited by ggsimmonds; 08-30-2017 at 07:00 AM.
Old 08-30-2017, 07:22 AM   #5
Rookie

Ruben2424's Arena

OVR: 0

In the 10-12 games played so far, I've had my kicks blocked about 6-7 times...then returned for touchdowns! This is definitely something that needs to be fixed!
NCAA: Florida State Seminoles
NHL: Florida Panthers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2017, 07:50 AM   #6
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

I haven't had a kick blocked yet, but surprisingly my team blocked a kick, with a guy that I was not even controlling. It was very cool.
Old 08-30-2017, 08:11 AM   #7
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcar0725
I haven't had a kick blocked yet, but surprisingly my team blocked a kick, with a guy that I was not even controlling. It was very cool.
Did he get the quick jump off the line and animation that goes with it or did he just go unblocked? Ive always wondered if the players I'm not controlling could jump the snap and block kicks on their own. As for the question, I've played about 10 games I've seen 1 block from the CPU and I haven't blocked one yet.

Sent from my HTC Desire 625 using Tapatalk
Old 08-30-2017, 09:03 AM   #8
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
Did he get the quick jump off the line and animation that goes with it or did he just go unblocked? Ive always wondered if the players I'm not controlling could jump the snap and block kicks on their own. As for the question, I've played about 10 games I've seen 1 block from the CPU and I haven't blocked one yet.

Sent from my HTC Desire 625 using Tapatalk
All i can remember is that I was controlling someone else and this other guy shot in off the edge and blocked the kick. Pretty sure he was unblocked.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »