Home

This is NBA Live

This is a discussion on This is NBA Live within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2017, 11:54 PM   #1
MVP

RayRay34's Arena

OVR: 17
This is NBA Live

I just have to say that this is by far my favorite Live ever and it is turning into one of my favorite basketball games ever. Sure, it still has some faults and it's not feature rich, but what EA has done with the gameplay and making a game not only fun but somewhat realistic is awesome. I honestly hope the fact the it's not a 2k product doesn't stop people from checking this game out. This is honestly in my opinion a step in the right direction for Live basketball. I've been playing the EA access trial for about 7 of my 10 hours and I can't wait until Friday to continue my experience with the game. As someone who has played every NBA basketball game ever made I just want to say thank you EA. Great job on this game and continue to make it better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2017, 12:29 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: This is NBA Live

I was quite surprised when i played the demo 3 or 4 weeks ago, i knew 18 would be good but not THIS GOOD! Lol

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
Old 09-11-2017, 12:53 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 4

Saying it is "not feature rich" is a huge understatement. The Franchise Mode is straight out of like 2005.

I am also not a fan of the "auto-movement" that goes on in gameplay, where you get locked into moving several yards where you can't control your player.

But yeah, step in the right direction.
Old 09-11-2017, 06:18 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whomario
Saying it is "not feature rich" is a huge understatement. The Franchise Mode is straight out of like 2005.

I am also not a fan of the "auto-movement" that goes on in gameplay, where you get locked into moving several yards where you can't control your player.

The auto lock movement needs to be toned down. I think it should be easier to pull out of. Needs to be less sticky. Also the passing and contest buttons feel unresponsive and slow at times.
Old 09-11-2017, 07:31 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whomario

Yikes, that is troubling news. I was hoping dynasty mode would be surprisingly deep.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2017, 04:42 AM   #6
Rookie

Schrankwand's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fist Of Kings
Yikes, that is troubling news. I was hoping dynasty mode would be surprisingly deep.
Nah, Live was never that crazy deep when it comes to dynasty/franchise mode. I am not really surprised in that department.
Old 09-12-2017, 07:16 AM   #7
Rookie

seanhazz1's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrankwand
Nah, Live was never that crazy deep when it comes to dynasty/franchise mode. I am not really surprised in that department.

Franchise is almost a copy and paste of Madden(love it), without the online option. The menus are good and informative and it tracks stats and standings. People don't like the lack of a daily view in the calendar for matchups, or lack of editing within.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
NBA 2k18
Madden 18
Absolver
STO
TWITCH Stream
BEAM Stream
Old 09-12-2017, 08:44 AM   #8
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanhazz1
Franchise is almost a copy and paste of Madden(love it), without the online option. The menus are good and informative and it tracks stats and standings. People don't like the lack of a daily view in the calendar for matchups, or lack of editing within.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
The major problems with Live 18's franchise mode are:

1. Franchise is now separated into weeks instead of days, meaning the simulation of CPU games and transactions only occurs when a week is advanced rather than on a typical daily schedule. This works for Madden cause it's on a weekly game schedule, but not for an NBA game.

2. There is a fake player named Alan Hinners that is in every franchise mode and he's a rookie made available in free agency at the start of the 1st season. He has an All-Star rating of 90 (AS A ROOKIE!) and is always picked up by the Mavericks and always wins Rookie of the Year in every franchise. He averages 25 ppg and 12 apg.

3. The simulation engine is pretty broken. The first season of simming the season, the Miami Heat beat the Memphis Grizzlies in the Finals. Thinking this was just an anomaly, it wasn't. After several simulations of seasons, the Knicks, Mavericks, Clippers and Hornets all won championships. The Cavs rare even made it to the finals. Same with the Warriors. Celtics never made it.

4. The CPU does not complete any trades among the 29 teams that aren't being controlled.

5. There are no injuries that occur during games and only happens in simulations.

6. Turning off the auto-sub feature completely breaks the CPU, it won't substitute at all during games.

7. There's no online component to Franchise.

8. There's no ability to edit the players at all in Franchise mode.

This is actually worse than Madden to be honest. Madden already had a pretty bland (but serviceable) CFM mode, but Live isn't a step in the right direction IMO. It's 5 steps backwards.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »